pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Masks

Old 05-19-2003, 07:55 PM   #1
kidcopone

Send a message via AIM to kidcopone Send a message via Yahoo to kidcopone
lenses colors

i have a proteous 2, with some minor scratches and need a replacement does anyone have knowledge on what the different color lenses can do.

thanks guys
kidcopone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 07:42 AM   #2
kraftwerk
You can call me "Sir"

Most of the tinted lenses do the same thing sunglasses do. If you don't like the sun in your eyes, consider a tinted lens. Some are tinted different colors - like amber or orange or yellow... and some people like these for outdoor play because they act like shooting glasses and help you pick out movement in the shadows.

The mirrored lenses act just like tinted lenses, but some people prefer the look of the mirror.

For indoor play, you're best bet is a clear lens. Often times indoor fields aren't as well-lit as you might like and it's just harder to see what's going on around you. (Try wearing sunglasses in a dimly lit room to see what I mean.)

(Just in case you were wondering, the Proteus uses the JT Spectra lens... lots of different options for you.)
Minimag (w/ pump kit) / Unibody Phantom / Phantom VSC / PGP / Sterling STP / King Cobra
kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:48 AM   #3
kidcopone

thank you very much i went with a blue that fades into clear, the blue color is on top.
kidcopone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 08:25 AM   #4
kazzieman
Stupor Man

Send a message via AIM to kazzieman
Quote:
Originally posted by kraftwerk

For indoor play, you're best bet is a clear lens. Often times indoor fields aren't as well-lit as you might like and it's just harder to see what's going on around you. (Try wearing sunglasses in a dimly lit room to see what I mean.)
I prefer my yellow lens for low-light like indoor. It gives everything better definition. I have troble with it on bright days, the glare can get unbarable. I guess it is just preference. Go to your pro-shop and ask to look through different tinted lenses. Most likly they will say it is okay.
Protege'
T-9
US-5
E-Gripped USP
kazzieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:19 PM   #5
Eurynmous

This post is a little old but I figured I would go ahead and add my 2 cents. I have several colors and I use them differently.

Mirror Blue and Silver - I first bought these for looks but I have gotten more use out of them recently. This new field I have been playing on has their field layout with the starting points on the east and west side. So if you are playing late or early on a Saturday morning you are going to have to face the sun. I really like to use these if I find the sun troublesome.

Amber/Yellow - I typically use this one outside the most during woodsball and regular games. It helps reduce glare and aids in contrast along with depth perception. Also, I personally feel that it brightens up the field a little more. Depending on the person this could be good or bad.

Clear - If its indoor, night, or even low light conditions, clear is the best way to go.

Last edited by Eurynmous : 01-09-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Eurynmous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:43 AM   #6
Mackinturk
Baddest ION on PBR

a little old??? dude, this thread is over 3 YEARS old!! kid probably has a totally different mask by now.

MySpace
Mackinturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
Eurynmous

I would imagine that he has. I actually found this post through one of the stickies and thought I would add some more accurate information to it incase anyone else stumbled on to it.
Eurynmous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
pbmike1888

well at least someone is looking through the stickies. lol

BEST OFFER TILL I FIGURE OUT A PRICE.lol
pbmike1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #9
kidcopone

lol wow i barely remember making this thread lol

TIMMY
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...97#post3261497