pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 01-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #1
Frisky
thats me

Send a message via AIM to Frisky
bLack Dragun"the one" or ImpULSE???

im in the market for an electro, and ive shot an impy, which i find very nice, but i hear all this stuff about the black dragun "the one" electro, how it is the same price and what not and how it opperates like a timmy. i went to the feild and noone had one i could shoot so what do u guys think?? IMPULSE or "the one"??
Frisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 05:17 PM   #2
TrIcK3D0uT E-99

Send a message via AIM to TrIcK3D0uT E-99
get the dragun w. the one kit
- Empire sound activated reloader
- Evil rear cocking bolt
- Java metal feedneck
- NW Drop Forward
- Air America Vigilante reg w/ LP spring
- drilled hole in block and put threads to fit the guage 0-1500psi guage.(tapndie set)
- Maddmann Rocket Valve
- Soft spring from 32* spring kit
TrIcK3D0uT E-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 07:22 PM   #3
lite-u-up3
Mag Owner

I have an imp that I'm currently upgrading and am getting another marker too. I'm getting The One if I don't get a BKO 2004. I'm not doing anything though until I hear more about this Dragun marker and they're out and about for more people to try. I suggest you do the same.
lite-u-up3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 05:21 PM   #4
Night2o1

Get a bushmaster 2k3 or 4 instead of and impy
Night2o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 08:03 PM   #5
Rancid Coleslaw
DirectX Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally posted by TrIcK3D0uT E-99
get the dragun w. the one kit
Glad you explained your answer . Please give us some reasons why you think he should get the one over the impulse.

A black dragun with "the one" kit is ~$500. It's a rip off, and there's nothing on it that is better than the imp or really anything that even justifies such a price. The impulse comes with the max flo, one of the best regs in the market. It also comes with the progressive stock, which is pretty decent and way above any stock barrel on "the one". I honestly can't think of any reason why anyone should choose "the one" over the imp, or even the bko.

Last edited by Rancid Coleslaw : 02-04-2004 at 08:08 PM.
Rancid Coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #6
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
i dont know why anyone would get The One anyway. go with an impulse or a bushy. my personal prefernce is the bushy. The One is a marketing sceme.

My Gat: G3 VTL E-Force, PDP board and eye mod, Egg 2, Crossfire 88/45, BOSS delrin bolt, AA Vigilante (LP), PMI drop, Custom blade trigger, Custom switch setup
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:13 PM   #7
TrIcK3D0uT E-99

the one shoots more accurate than imps around its price. this thing also comes w/ a great reg. and it was a higher ROF. i dont kno any imps w/ an ACE for under $450 around that. i dont kno y pll say the eye on the one is bad, i have a TES and seriously i never choped 1 ball in the gun. only in the barrel and all i had to do was run a squigee through it. never did i have to take the bolt out etc. only to oil it before i used the gun the first time i got it.the TES shoots very accurate i canonly imagine the one will be even better. my friend has an imp i dont like the way they feel i think the one has a ore solid feel when shooting. i dono, but for me the TES is easier to get a high ROF when shooting. i average like 9-14bps when Im shooting it. i never got 20 and probaly never will. but Im just saying i just like the one better the way it shoots. it comes w/ a decent reg. and stock barrel isnt that bad plus the ACE. all u really need is a drop forward b/c the stock drop forward is like 1/2 inch or not even.
- Evil rear cocking bolt
- Java metal feedneck
- NW Drop Forward
- drilled hole in block and put threads to fit the guage 0-1500psi guage.(tapndie set)
- Maddmann Rocket Valve
Old 02-05-2004, 06:13 PM   #8
CoolT

Quote:
Im just saying i just like the one better the way it shoots.
This is something we like to call "personal preference."

The One is basically a Civic and the Impulse and Bushy are like Accord's. Many blowback companies like Black Dragun are trying to market guns in the medium gun class. Guns like the Omen appeal to unexperienced players because they simply don't recognize the difference between an Omen and a Bushy. Granted that The One is not a blowback, it's still not up to the performance of the Impulse or Bushmaster. I don't know too much about The One yet but I can guarentee that a Imp or Bushy is going to be better.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:41 PM   #9
Freeballer

Impy all the way. I own an impy and i have shot bushmasters and black draguns and i like my imp much more. my impy can keep up with angels no prob.
Freeballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #10
koolkid101

You could get this sweet autococker
http://www.paintballgateway.com/hyquma.html

koolkid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:54 PM   #11
CoolT

Wow good idea considering he never mentioned he wanted to buy a Cocker.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:57 PM   #12
Juvenile
Black Label

Send a message via AIM to Juvenile
I always loved seeing that 'Cocker on PBG, because it cracks me up at their description:

"Too many features to list."
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:59 PM   #13
CoolT

Most retail sites just copy the info that the manufacturer's's site has on it. Too many features to list, too many crappy features to list.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:04 PM   #14
Rancid Coleslaw
DirectX Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolT
Most retail sites just copy the info that the manufacturer's's site has on it. Too many features to list, too many crappy features to list.
And features that are usually standard but advertised for filler. Like "ported barrel" and "verticle feed".

Old 02-06-2004, 05:22 PM   #15
No_DAMN_NAMES
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
the one shoots more accurate than imps around its price. this thing also comes w/ a great reg. and it was a higher ROF. i dont kno any imps w/ an ACE for under $450 around that. i dont kno y pll say the eye on the one is bad, i have a TES and seriously i never choped 1 ball in the gun. only in the barrel and all i had to do was run a squigee through it. never did i have to take the bolt out etc. only to oil it before i used the gun the first time i got it.the TES shoots very accurate i canonly imagine the one will be even better. my friend has an imp i dont like the way they feel i think the one has a ore solid feel when shooting. i dono, but for me the TES is easier to get a high ROF when shooting. i average like 9-14bps when Im shooting it. i never got 20 and probaly never will. but Im just saying i just like the one better the way it shoots. it comes w/ a decent reg. and stock barrel isnt that bad plus the ACE. all u really need is a drop forward b/c the stock drop forward is like 1/2 inch or not even.
Well, you're wrong. The Impulse is more consistant, and has a good stock barrel. This creates greater accuracy. Secondly, it comes with a max flow, which is all I have to say. You basically repeated your post over and over and I stopped reading it. That's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Can I help it if I like 'em young?
No_DAMN_NAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:59 AM   #16
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
amen. i love biased opinions. like "Vikings are the best marker on the market for the price or any price" yeah, that my opinion.

My Gat: G3 VTL E-Force, PDP board and eye mod, Egg 2, Crossfire 88/45, BOSS delrin bolt, AA Vigilante (LP), PMI drop, Custom blade trigger, Custom switch setup
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 06:42 PM   #17
TrIcK3D0uT E-99

Imp-Lower ROF
- max flow
-good stock barrel
One - ACE
-higher rof
-more accurate
-good stock barrel
- Evil rear cocking bolt
- Java metal feedneck
- NW Drop Forward
- Maddmann Rocket Valve
Old 02-08-2004, 01:09 AM   #18
Rancid Coleslaw
DirectX Placebo Effect

Quote:
Imp-Lower ROF
- max flow
-good stock barrel
One - ACE
-higher rof Both are capped at 20bps. You said so yourself that you average maybe 9-14 bps, so what does it even matter?
-more accurate How is it more accurate? You still haven't explained yourself yet. No_DAMN_NAMES was right.
-good stock barrel I doubt the stock barrel on the tes can compare with the progressive.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:20 AM   #19
CoolT

I would like to see this "awesome reg" from The One head to head against the Max Flow. The Max Flow is one of the best regs made and I highly doubt The One reg even comes close.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:40 AM   #20
Mooseless
:/

Send a message via AIM to Mooseless
its the same one as the TES reg. The TES reg blows. it has horrible consistancy, therefore making the One less accurate.
Impulse #23564
14 inch freak with .695 insert
Black Halo B
70/4500 Crossfire Stubby LP
ND Equalizer Bolt

NJ Anarchy Insert/Mid/Back
Impulse 2 Me- ^, very true. Good input Moosless
Mooseless is offline   Reply With Quote