pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dye Precision

Old 05-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
Kowz_76
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kowz_76
Effective Immediately: NO Gun A vs. Gun B

I have been here for 3 days, and I have seen about 4 Gun A vs. Gun B threads. Homer and I have agreed that these will no longer be tolerated.

Nothing good comes from these threads. Mostly answers that could be found by searching and flaming.

Therefore, all Gun A vs. Gun B threads will be closed, and the original poster will be told not to do it again.

Thanks

Kowz.

EDIT: Dark Trooper has made a great comparison thread of all the Dye guns. Look at it for comparison:
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359576

EDIT#2, adding to what Kowz said, I'm going to be more strict on these vs. threads. Nothing good comes of them. All answeres come down to preference. They will be closed without question. -DT5

Last edited by darktrooper5 : 07-08-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Kowz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
ClubYourBrother
Banned

YES
And anyway It's "your" money so make up "your" own mind!
ClubYourBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:36 PM   #3
the_mafia

i'm okay with this, but the reason why most people ask these questions is because they can't get their hands on any guns they want, so that means no test firing.
the_mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
nmarkus

Send a message via AIM to nmarkus Send a message via Yahoo to nmarkus
then they dont spend enough time on the field to be spending any decent amount of money on a nice gat in the first place. everyone knows that you need to see how the gun feels before you buy it anyway.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:32 PM   #5
Sleepykat
Balla

NO ONE uses my gats. MY buddy is slowly getting into paintball and he uses some old butt ugly pirhana from like 200 B.C and no matter how bad I feel for him, I won't let him use mine. I don't borrow my buddies gat's and they don't borrow mine. We all are on the same page. People just need to take the time and do research before they buy and if they can't type in DM4, DM5, Angel or anything else like that and do some clicking. 822,000 results for Dyepaintball. (0.19 seconds) If they can't do that then they got problems.
Sleepykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:56 AM   #6
pacman552SD
socom 2 rocks

pbreview should make a section of form comitied souly to gun vs gun that would eliminate the hassle of having them threads all over
14' EDGE KIT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkHCDkYkYnk
pacman552SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
Uziel Gal
Legend

Thing is, that if you are discussing the merits of Gun B in Gun A's forum (for instance, talking about Egos here in the Dye forum), then any information regarding Gun B is by definition off topic. Using the stated example, the Dye forum is not the place to be talking about Egos.

The next thing to consider is what kind of response you are going to get. Sticking with the example again, if you post the thread in the Dye forum, people will tend to support the Dye marker. After all, most people in this forum are either Dye owners or at the least Dye fans. Marker A gets all the votes, and Marker B doesn't get fairly represented. Post in the Eclipse forum and most people will vote for the Ego. So what have you learned? Dye fans will vote for the DM, PM or PMR, Eclipse fans will vote for an Ego or Etek. OK, you could post in both forums, but to limit bandwidth, we would prefer you to only post the same thread in one location. Would you actually learn anything from the number of votes cast in each forum anyway? No. It would just indicate that one forum had more regular visitors than the other - it wouldn't tell you anything about the marker as such.

One last thing to consider is that by starting these threads, you could be inviting members of the other forum to come in here and spam/flame etc. or even if they made posts with a point to them, they might in turn be flamed by the people in this forum. Not good.

The answer? Post your thread in the High-end Electronic Marker. It's a location where both markers can be legitimately discussed without prejudice and with equal relevance. Having said that, you still have the problem that support will be dependent on numbers rather than on merit. Best solution is to try both markers out for yourself and make your own mind up.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #8
protofreak
dye fan

about time for this rule in the dye forums
Green Halo B w/ rip Drive
-b2 board, virtue crown ultra soft
68/4500 pure energy tank
- dye rhino cover
http://www.myspace.com/danielpbplaya
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z236/Fragmortus/
protofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #9
Uziel Gal
Legend

The rule has been in place since 2005..... Any versus threads that I see when I pass through are moved.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:39 AM   #10
protofreak
dye fan

ooo
Green Halo B w/ rip Drive
-b2 board, virtue crown ultra soft
68/4500 pure energy tank
- dye rhino cover
http://www.myspace.com/danielpbplaya
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z236/Fragmortus/
protofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #11
jtl10388

Thats why they is a review section here.
jtl10388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #12
Terminate

well what about gun A vs gun C cause i don't want gun B at all... jk when i first came to this site i did one of these posts and was quickly corrected <>NOOBS TO READ STICKIES<>

Proto Matrix Rail
NDZ slik trigger and NDZ feedneck
Shocktech on/off ASA and rail
Dye UL barrel
Dye aluminum back cap
Halo B with rip drive and v35 board
68/4500 Pure Energy HPA with Empire cover
Terminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:48 AM   #13
nathanjones008
Magpride008

The gun vs gun thread makes things interesting. How i purchased my new gun it was through a vs. thread, i heard countless fresh testimonials about how people feel about their makrker and so forth.
nathanjones008 is offline   Reply With Quote