pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > News > Paintball News

Old 08-04-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
amzng_spyderman
Legend

Exclamation what is and isn't news

there have been some problems with people posting threads that have nothing to do with news. before you post, go through the list below. do not post if any of these apply to your thread:

- it's old. check your dates and see if this old news. for example, anything older than 2 weeks should not be posted.

- it's a business or web site's opening. DO NOT post an advertisement for a new web site or you may be banned. do not post an ad for a store or field opening in your area. it's not paintball news, it's local news. post in the regional forum for your part of the country. the mods of the regional forums are understanding about this kind of advertising.

- it's a question. i never understood how "which is better, gun a or gun x" could possibly be considered news. that's just one example. this is a forum for announcements, not getting answers. use the GPBT forum for asking questions.

- it's a speculation or brainstorming. it needs to be a fact. the only exception is if there are rumors from a reliable source about a business move or product a company is making, but they need to be backed by some kind of article or link to another web site.

- it's a classified ad. the sale of your gear is not news. get over yourself.

any threads that violate these will be closed or deleted without notice, and may result in a warning and eventual banishment. pm me with questions or comments.

"Fossil fuels are finite, but idiots are a renewable resource."
amzng_spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #2
dhosinski

Keeping players informed of fraudulent sellers

Hello:
I had a thread running that involved Spudnukl and their lack of appreciation for those who buy their products. I don't believe there was anything in the thread that wasn't true so why was the thread closed? If pbreview is getting kickbacks from Spudnukl then that's fine, but you shouldn't take away the right of those to post. I understand it's your site and you can run it the way you see fit, but I'd appreciate more of an explanation other than somebody coming on and saying this isn't paintball news. What is news?

Who is Lopez17?
dhosinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582
Their scamming you doesn't constitute Paintball News. Also, by agreeing to the TOS, your threads and posts are at the mercy of Andrew, and the assortment of Mods and Super Mods. What they say is final.
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
trophyman582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
Lopez17
Administrator

Lopez17 would be me. I moderate here. Your thread was closed because it doesn't constitute paintball news. I've never heard of Spudnukl and while I sympathize with your issues your thread probably belongs in the Stolen Equipment forum or maybe in General Paintball talk. We have many advertisers and if any of them would happen to defraud a user we proactively work to come to a positive resolution on those issues.

Now...all that being said, your post was closed because it was in the wrong subforum on the site and as such is spam. We close spam threads. It's not news. News is something along the lines of "Manufacturer X releases new equipment." or "Team buttercup signs John Doe for the 2006 season". See the difference?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
dhosinski

News

I respect the rules of your website as I would any other. Just to answer your question though Spudnukl is a paintball supplier, now under the name of pbbolts.com. I am quite surprized that you haven't heard of them because I pulled a number of negative reports off of this very site in the reviews area.

I understand you want to keep things to paintball news to keep the site fun. Unfortunately, just like anything else there are bad people (sellers/buyers) who are involved with this sport. Would you consider creating an area where posts can be added. I understand the thread was long and to much is unnecessary. I agree.

Thank you for hearing me out.
Like I stated in my thread. I'm 39, I don't want to play games with this person, I just want him to do right by everyone, myself included.

I like coming to this site, because it gives players a place to communicate.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
JasonA
Mental Reg date: 9-24-02

Send a message via AIM to JasonA
Dhosinski,

This forum is for world wide news, something like "Dynasty uses Spyders" or something that has to do with alot of people.Since you were scammed by the company, Stolen Equip would be a better forum to put it and, and get more views.

As to company reviews:

That's been discussed but the potential for fraud/abuse/false reviews is too high. - Lopez

Originally Posted by trophyman582
I imagine they haven't done this because similar problems would occur with false reviews, as did those for the online shops.

Yup...this is the exact reason. - Lopez

These and other question having to do with PBreview can be found here: http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
Remeber it's all fun and games untill someone looses a nut.

Last edited by JasonA : 01-27-2006 at 01:55 PM.
JasonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #7
Lopez17
Administrator

Jason hit the nail on the head about company reviews. Though, if you think you've been taken ...we do have a forum for stolen equipment where this type of scam would be appropriate to post.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109

It's the next forum down on the list.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2006, 01:54 PM   #8
dhosinski

thanks

All:

Lopez17, I apologize as I was not questioning you. I have been frustrated by the whole ordeal. I did in fact work it out with my credit card company and will likely have the purchase removed. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

As for the thread. It is where it is, and hopefully some people will do some reasearch on them before they make the same mistake I did.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:01 AM   #9
Lopez17
Administrator

No worries bro. I've been in your shoes before and understand where you're coming from. Glad it got resolved.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2006, 03:04 AM   #10
SpitGameMayne
Sippin Dat Drink

Send a message via Yahoo to SpitGameMayne
IDK if this would apply to this forum, but if it has anything to do with tournaments, post it in the Tourney Talk section.
SpitGameMayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #11
Skippman
Skippmann

in that post about what is news and what wasn't, were you also refering to my post about o-rings? If so, where should I post info like that? I an not affiliated with that site in any way and I know that people always want cheap o-rings so I was offering info.

Thanks for your time,
~Skippman
Old 07-21-2007, 08:25 AM   #12
sr994

Do you have a paintball news reporter for pbreview that keeps the news part of this forum updated? If you do thats news to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
there have been some problems with people posting threads that have nothing to do with news. before you post, go through the list below. do not post if any of these apply to your thread:

- it's old. check your dates and see if this old news. for example, anything older than 2 weeks should not be posted.

- it's a business or web site's opening. DO NOT post an advertisement for a new web site or you may be banned. do not post an ad for a store or field opening in your area. it's not paintball news, it's local news. post in the regional forum for your part of the country. the mods of the regional forums are understanding about this kind of advertising.

- it's a question. i never understood how "which is better, gun a or gun x" could possibly be considered news. that's just one example. this is a forum for announcements, not getting answers. use the GPBT forum for asking questions.

- it's a speculation or brainstorming. it needs to be a fact. the only exception is if there are rumors from a reliable source about a business move or product a company is making, but they need to be backed by some kind of article or link to another web site.

- it's a classified ad. the sale of your gear is not news. get over yourself.

any threads that violate these will be closed or deleted without notice, and may result in a warning and eventual banishment. pm me with questions or comments.
sr994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #13
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
No, obviously we don't. Instead we usually have people who are close to the paintball companies either through personal contact or newsletters post what is new.

If it's news worthy then it'll usually be posted on here the day it is announced.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #14
mcben10

i dont really understand that
mcben10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
SoFlaInc

Isn't news something thats new? Correct me if i'm wrong though.
SoFlaInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #16
Lopez17
Administrator

Yes, but we restrict what gets posted here to relevant content only. A small field in Nebraska's sponsoring of a local team is not news. No one, outside of the small town in Nebraska, cares.

Quote: