I don't know if this is common knowledge, but a couple guys have discovered this. All you essentially have to do is hold down the inside button, then turn the marker on using the middle outside button.
- Push inside button, turn on gun.
- It asks you to push the top button. Do it.
- It asks you to push the middle button. Do it.
- It asks you to push the bottom button. Do it.
- It asks you to push the inside button. Do it.
- It goes into a display backlight test. To continue to the next step I pressed the middle button.
- It then goes into a display two-part pixel test. Push the middle button to proceed to the second part. Then push it again to go to...
- The trigger test mode indicates when the board is reading the trigger as being pulled. If the trigger is held down the board appears to activate the solenoid at a rate of around 5 times per second.
- Upon pushing the middle button, it then goes into a breech testing mode, either indicating "empty" or "full". It MIGHT also indicate something else if the eyes are psysically damaged (shorted out), but I really don't know and don't feel like testing it out to see.
- After pressing the middle button once more, it goes into a battery meter mode.
- Press the middle button once more... and you are back in the normal firing mode!
So in short, it is perfectly safe. There are no settings that I was able to see to be changed.
To those wondering about the whole point of this, there isn't much of one besides to just mess around or for diagnostic/troubleshooing purposes.
I would suggest running it... oh, the night before a tournament.
As far as I know, this will only work on 2.00 or later boards. Any corrections to this statement, please either post in here or PM me.