pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dye Precision

Old 02-21-2002, 03:40 PM   #1
Mr. Y2K
do it again and you will be

Send a message via MSN to Mr. Y2K
The Matrix FAQ

After noticing a surge in posts around here, I decided to start over on a faq for the matrix. this thread will ONLY be for the purpose of information, NOT asking questions in okay? now since that is all cleared up I think I'll start off by telling you what exactly the matrix is (no not the movie people!)
bare with me this will be a work in progress for a loooooonnnng time.

What is the matrix?
The matrix is an open-bolt (technically not a bolt, but a spool) electronic paintball gun that is made by Airguns/Procaps and is distributed by Diablo. The guns stock psi is at approximately 140-180 psi. The gun is ran by a 9 volt battery. The Matrix weighs 3 pounds and 4 ounces. Stock barrels thread are for autocockers, however other breeches (warp, angel, m98, and spyders are the other ones out) can be put in place in case youu want to use another barrel system for any other reason. The price range is usually around $660 american, and the price for the lcd as of right now is currently not known to the public. The rate of fire stock is at 16.7 bps stock, and with a bolt-kit from Aardvark Custom Paintball Products, it is 21.6 bps. The feed tube is the size of the post-BE Revolutions, so if you have a pre-BE Revolution, you are going to have to shave the neck in order for it to fit.

How many shots?
On a 68/4.5k tank you can get around 770-800 shots off of the tank, and around 550-600 on a 68/3k tank. For a 20 oz. tank you can get around 1000 shots. Mods to have a better shot count are out by a couple of companies. (which will be listed later)

What is bolt stick?
Bolt-stick can occur several times. It can get stuck in the forward or backward position. The forward position generally means that your inline reg is turned up to high. If you do not have a front reg on the matrix, the bolt pressure must be the same as the operating pressure. Back-stick can happen when you have not shot the gun in a while, or your lpr is set to low. The main key to preventing all of this is good lubrication. That can not be stressed enough with the matrix.

What are the upgrades?
This one will be quite long, so bear with me.

Front Regs : There are several out there for the matrix, but to me (and as well as thousands of others) there is only one true regulator for the matrix, the trinity made by Aardvark Custom Paintball Products (which will be reffered to as ACPP to save space). Diablo is making one, and PBC also has one out. The earlier matrixes came with a rock, or image, or kapp mod put on them, although they were not good upgrades at all. This is a very important upgrade if you do not want to chop paint period.

O-Ring Kit : Again ACPP makes an o-ring kit, which comes with a bolt kit, or by themselves. Shocktech also makes some, and I do believe that PBC also has some, but again ACPP are the best that are out on the market.

Chips : As far as I know, only ACPP makes chips for the matrix. They have two kinds out: tourny chip, and the cypher chip. The tourny chip is semi only, and has abs technology. The cypher is a various firing mode chip, and also has abs technology.

Volumizers : ACPP has two out. They have the ones called the "horns", and the "bullet" styles out. PBC also has one that I call the "inch worm". They all do not do anything performance wise, but however they do make the gun look way better looking.

Triggers : There are several triggers out there. ACPP has the switch, and the gator trigger. G-Force has one out, as well as PBC. Angel triggers (with proper modifications) can fit the the matrix, but really at this rate those triggers will be upgrades for the matrix so why bother?

Low And Mid Rises : Again ACPP and PBC are the only ones out with different feed tubes. There is a low and a high from ACPP, and a Mid-rise from PBC.

Efficentcy Sleeves : I'm only putting this in here to tell you these are crap and useless, stay away from them.

Grips : Aardvark has some pewter grips out, as well as PBC. For rubber grips, I can't remember where, but there are some. Dye LCD's, and Angel LCD's grips will work on the matrix just nicely. There is a guy (site escapes me) that makes acrylic grips for angels, and he will also make them for the matrix. I will throw up the site when I find it. Also another company makes some nice pewter grips, but are in the $100 + range.

Bolt-Kit : ACPP has the best one out on the market. A o-ring kit, matrix muck, and a new chip come along with the bolt. PBC, and Diablo are coming out with their own (maybe they have and I just don't realize it yet).

Taking apart and lubing the bolt
When pulling out the bolt, you MUST push the front of the bolt to the back, and pull it out from there. First the backplate must be off, and the unscrew the rear cap, then you can take off the front o-ring on the bolt, and push it through the back. To lube, lube EVERYTHING! Especially the top-hat. You Judy Butter, or Shocker Lube, or Matrix Muck first, the put a couple of drops on the bolt (5 will do the trick).

THIS FAQ WILL BE UPDATED OFTEN, (I'm just lazy to do it all right now) SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME OKAY?
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!

Last edited by Mr. Y2K : 02-23-2002 at 06:59 PM.
Mr. Y2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 05:03 PM   #2
Mr. Y2K

some sites of interest to help you on your way with the matrix

Gen E's Website
www.genenow.com

GForce's Site for the Matrix
http://www.gforcepb.com/Products/Matrix/matrix.html

The Matrix Center or PBCenter
http://www.thematrixcenter.com/

Aardvark's Offical Website
http://www.aardvarkdirect.com

The Demon Matirx
http://www.demonguns.com/product_inf...products_id=70

Kapp Site For The Flame Matrix
http://www.kapp1.com/

The Toxic Matrix
http://toxicperformance.com/

PBReview's Matrix Ratings
http://www.pbreview.com/374/1/0/

I hope all of them work, just shoot me a pm if they don't (unless other wise noted)
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!

Last edited by Mr. Y2K : 04-19-2003 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2002, 01:04 PM   #3
Mr. Y2K

if you have a problem with the solenoid, this should help.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!
Old 03-17-2002, 01:07 PM   #4
Mr. Y2K

http://aardvarkdirect.com/index.php?...tclean&sflag=1
it's a detailed description of cleaning the bolt, much better then what I did earlier.

http://aardvarkdirect.com/index.php?...tnames&sflag=1
this is for the bolt part names
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!
Old 06-05-2002, 03:49 PM   #5
Mr. Y2K

how the bolt works.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!
Old 06-15-2002, 07:12 PM   #6
Mr. Y2K

Trigger Install
props to mighty_mace at paintball city for this one.

You might want to disconnect any drop forward/cradles you have at this time.

1.) First, remove the 3 screws holding the rubber (or pewter) wrap-around grips on the gun. You only need to remove the side with the chip.

2.) Next, carefully, disconnect the small plug housing the 4? wires which connects to your board. Make a note of which way the plug reinstalls. **Be gentle with this part as to not damage anything.

3.) Carefully remove the 2 screws connecting the grip frame from the marker. The plug you disconnected in step 2 will be hanging from the body of the matrix now. Your grip frame will be separate.

4.) You can now take the trigger spring and set it to the side. You will see a small silver pin directly above the trigger. This is the pin that holds the trigger in the frame. With a small diameter pin punch....gently tap out the silver pin releasing the trigger from the frame. (see pic at bottom for pin punch reference)

5.) The trigger will now pull up through the frame. Look at your new trigger and set the adjustment set screws to the relative same positon as on the stock trigger so you have a good starting point when making adjustments to your new trigger.

6.) After getting the set screws close, reinsert the new trigger, and line up the hole in the frame with the hole in the trigger. Carefully tap the silver pin you removed through the hole.

7.) Be sure to put the spring back in the new trigger, and carefully line up the grip frame with the body. Be careful not to pinch the small wires on the plug you removed. Plug the small wire harness into the socket on the board.

8.) Reattatch the grip frame to the marker and you are ready for testing. You then make all other adjustments to the new trigger the same way you did the stock one. Make certain that you are not pressing the small microswitch arm against the houseing, or it may break over time.
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!
Old 06-15-2002, 07:13 PM   #7
Mr. Y2K

this is from PGA aka Tony over at the nation about centerflag regs on the matrix.

Ok hear is all the info you wanted about the Centerflag Inlines. First let me introduce myself. My name is Tony, I am a regular in the Cocker forum here and I work at Centerflag.

I have seen and heard alot lately about our Inlines on the Matrix's and I will try to explain what is going on with them.

There are two different Inlines coming out on the Matrix, one is the ones that are lasered engraved and ones that aren't engraved. The engraved ones come straight from Centerflag to Airtech. The non engraved ones, which is the ones that are causing all the problems, do not come from here. The problem is that they are not assembled here, Airtech assembles them. We are working on the problem with them and should be fixed by now, also I have had some calls that the two air ports on the inline has been switch for the guage and the air line from airtech and causing the air from the tank to go directly into the gun causing the solenoid to blow, when you get your Matrix, check the inline before you air it up, make sure that if you are looking at the inline and you can see the burst disk that the air line should be on the left side and the guage on the right side.

Another problem I believe is that you cannot get the velocity raised on your marker because the adj. cap is all the way in. There are two different caps, one we use on our inlines we sell here at Centerflag and the ones that come on the Matrix. Airtech wanted a different cap because when we first started putting our inlines on that people were adjusting them too far and blowing out the solenoid, so we made special caps for them that wouldnt adjust past 150, now sometimes you can get your velocity to raise so all you have to do is unscrew the cap off and put either a dime or a washer in the bottom of the cap and then reinstall, this should take care of the problem.

If you have any other problems just post it here, I have seen alot of post that people are downgrading Centerflag without even knowing what they are talking about, I will answer each and every question that appears here as I do in the cocker forum.

Tony
Centerflag Paintball
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!
Old 06-15-2002, 07:16 PM   #8
Mr. Y2K

Dip Switch and R.O.F. for a tourney chip

The first column is the switches, the f is the time the bolt will stay in the front and
the b (dwell) is the time it will stay in the back and the last number is the rate of fire.

U= up
D= down

dddd=f=35/1000.b=25/1000=16.7

dddu=f=35/1000,b=35/1000=14.3

ddud=f=35/1000,b=45/1000=12.5

dduu=f=35/1000,b=55/1000=11.1

dudd=f=45/1000,b=25/1000=14.3

dudu=f=45/1000,b=35/1000=12.5

duud=f=45/1000,b=45/1000=11.1

duuu=f=45/1000,b=55/1000=10.0

uddd=f=55/1000,b=25/1000=12.5

uddu=f=55/1000,b=35/1000=11.1

udud=f=55/1000,b=45/1000=10.0

uduu=f=55/1000,b=55/1000=9.1

uudd=f=70/1000,b=25/1000=10.5

uudu=f=70/1000,b=35/1000=9.5

uuud=f=70/1000,b=45/1000=8.7

uuuu=f=70/1000,b=55/1000=8.0
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!

Last edited by Mr. Y2K : 06-15-2002 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-15-2002, 07:23 PM   #9
Mr. Y2K

bolt-kit dwell.
http://www.aardvarkdirect.com/images/boltkitswitch.jpg

cypher chip dwell.
http://www.aardvarkdirect.com/images/cypherswitch.jpg
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!
Old 06-25-2002, 05:59 AM   #10
Mr. Y2K

Thanks to The Matrix Center for the detailed listing of all parts on the matrix.
http://www.thematrixcenter.com/parts.htm

O-Ring Sizes and What Numbers They Are
http://www.aardvarkdirect.com/images/Oringsizes.jpg
ROYAL HOOLIGANS 1337!

Last edited by Mr. Y2K : 04-17-2003 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:29 PM   #11
Flanders
KAPP II

what to consider when comparing a matrix to other guns

Quote:
Originally posted by Flanders
well i think we need a matrix to compare with other guns,first for first guns when u just get themost affordable one, u have the base matrix led, it's bad efficency and can chop, buwont, and the may stick. for lil higher end like 7-800 dolelr pricerange, matrix select, it's led and has a trinity and bolt kit (ie effiecent and no chopping) 8-1100 range, id say lets put in a nice lcd matrix, it has trinity and bolt kit as well as perdy colors and an lcd, which has all the functions of the angle lcd..withough messaging, caus ethats just stupid imo. for 11-1400 we put in a techila, it has nice milling nice colors a 45 frame, led push button, custom manifolds, volumizers and it just rocks, and for 1400+ we could say iron man entity, if they expect 3 of the iron men teams to use them, it must be pretty damn good, oh and it's lcd

and for a bases of comparison with these higher end guns, i say we use an hpa cause not alot of people would be using co2 if they had the choice with these guns...ok

cause then with an emag x, 1200 doller gun, u compare to a techila, thnat thing would be very very even, no chopping from either unles sur retarted, but matrix has no kick, yet emag is faster, but once u get to it, it's up to the puller to get that fast, u can get a techila matrix up to 22.4 ps i think 22 something, so it's even
this was taken from another thread in which we were comparing different guns, matrix was being compared stock to other guns
(415)-453-5271
MON-FRI 12-7 SAT,SUN 9-5
Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:59 PM   #12
I_hav_a_cocker7
PBnation > Pbreview

Send a message via AIM to I_hav_a_cocker7
Trinity Reg Exploded

Here is a pic of a trinity reg taken apart
Old 11-13-2002, 06:02 PM   #13
I_hav_a_cocker7
PBnation > Pbreview

Another website

another site of interest to help you on your way with the matrix

http://www.paintcheck.com/guns/matrix/

This is the Matrix Owners Group

http://forums.matrixowner.com/

Last edited by I_hav_a_cocker7 : 06-18-2003 at 08:14 AM.
I_hav_a_cocker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 02:38 PM   #14
I_hav_a_cocker7
PBnation > Pbreview

Setting Front Reg

Turn the front reg out until the gun won't shoot. Next, keep turing it in while shooting until you hear the gun fully cycle, then give it another 1/4 of a turn in. Then, set your velocity to the desired FPS(Using the in-line reg). Then adjust your front reg again the same as you did before.

You'll need to be using air during this process.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #15
I_hav_a_cocker7
PBnation > Pbreview

Magnetic Trigger adjustment instructions from Toxic Dave from Matrix Owner

Adjusting Your Toxic Magnet Trigger Frame

Adjusting forward travel.
Forward travel is controlled by adjusting the magnet carrier up or down via the 1/8 key-key. It is accessible through the small hole underneath the trigger guard. Once adjusted, put a small amount of blue thread locker on the threads.

Adjusting rear travel.
Once you have unscrewed your grip frame from the main body of your Matrix, you will see that there are two Allen-screws on the top of the trigger itself. The back one controls real travel. You will need a 5/64 Allen-key to adjust this screw. Once adjusted to where you like it, put a small amount of blue thread-locker on the threads.

Adjusting trigger-pull weight.
The front screw on the trigger contacts with the magnet in the frame, the farther you unscrew it away from it, the less attraction it will have, and vise-versa. Once you have adjusted this screw, be sure to put a little blue thread-locker on the threads.

That should get ya to where ya want to be.

dave/ toxic
Old 07-15-2003, 05:08 AM   #16
P8nTBa||a4Lifz

Alright well i own a triple fade dragon timmy and i have loads of excess cash enough for a Matrix . I just wanted to know what would be the best type because so many companies have different versions of it. Which is most reccomended? Which tank would go best with it? Im thinkin about a regular Lcd Matrix with a 68/4500 low press tank. Sound good? is the Matrix better on high pres? i just want a gun that has turns out to be a kick ***** gun overall and from what i hear the Matrix is what im lookin for. thank you very much
P8nTBa||a4Lifz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 05:23 AM   #17
P8nTBa||a4Lifz

also is the matrix tourny ready out of the box or is the some serious need / reccomended upgrades i need for it?
P8nTBa||a4Lifz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 03:33 PM   #18
Impulsed
Warped Sportz KC owns all

Send a message via ICQ to Impulsed Send a message via AIM to Impulsed Send a message via Yahoo to Impulsed
Something to take into consideration...

The matrices regulators HAVE to be broken in when bought new. Give it about 5000-7000 shots and then you will start seeing differences in accuracy, constiancy, and over all performance

Black to gold Joy Divsion Fly
Impulsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:17 AM   #19
e40BMagic

dye dm4

hey start a faq on the dm4 thnx mr y2k
black halo b w/ victoryboard
evolution II hopper
03 mac dev conquest
AIM = Edrox323
e40BMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:29 PM   #20
purepaintballer

Send a message via AIM to purepaintballer
another upgrade is a halo low rise feed neck and a 15 degree asa both are from new designs
purepaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote