pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > SP-1

Old 09-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Pilate

sp-1 on co2?

I've heard that the sp-1 is good for woodsball and i was thinking about getting one.

The problem is, is that my parents think compressed air is dangerous so i am limited to co2. (even though co2 is dangerous) My question is, can the sp-1 really preform well on co2 since it has a solenoid? i have little faith in smart parts.
Pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
Compressed air is no more dangerous than CO2, all things considered it's probably safer. What is your folks reasoning for HPA being SO dangerous?

Allegedly the Vibe and SP1 both work just fine on CO2, their new regulators work nicely to keep liquid from the gun, and the low ROF caps keep them from being really fast enough to freeze anything important.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
parents probably feel due to the 3000 and 4500 psi that they are like zomg, tis like a bomb >.<

anyways,onto the subject at hand. Sp1 is a great gun, and works well on co2.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Pilate

yeah, i bought a 68/45 crossfire and took it to get filled at a scuba shop, and when the guy went over the dangers, he said that if you fell and cracked the threads of the tank, it could potentially turn into a missile and hit and kill me. Its true that things similar to this could happen, but its not likely enough to worry about. Playing a non-contact sport is statistically safer.

thanks for the info though.

Last edited by Pilate : 09-07-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
Your CO2 tanks could do that too. They've still got almost 900psi in them, and have actually become detached from valves and killed people before. Either way, it's a tank full of highly compressed gas, the dangers are comparable.

There are a lot of sports that paintball is statistically safer than, some high lights include; bowling, bass fishing and billiards. Compared to traditional sports like football, baseball, soccer, etc. paintball is a walk in the park.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

the build and quality on HPA systems is by far much more sturdy and much more safe then co2 tanks. Co2 valves are brass, brass corrodes, is a fairly weak metal. It also has pretty short threads on it, as where regs are made of aluminum or steel, or both. Most have atleast 3/4" of threads and are much thicker threads and thread shafts to prevent the tank from failure. However as said the gun is great on co2, so if its a better choice for you to use then have at it.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
Pilate

Thanks for your help, also, how durable is the sp-1, i've owned spyders (which i regret) and i've had a lot of problems with them
Old 09-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

sp1 is very durable, if u physically break it without using a chainsaw,torch,grinder or any other tool. I shall shake your hand
Old 09-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
Pilate

cool, im pretty much sold on the sp-1. thanks for all your help.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
cdnova77
cdnova77

Compressed air is the way to go. Just as safe, and more efficient.
cdnova77 is offline   Reply With Quote