pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 05-23-2002, 03:20 PM   #1
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

Talking *Ahem* Which gun should I get?

Alright, you guys with any intelligence are familiar with the style of writing that Swift used to write "A Modest Proposal." If yu're not, then you're probably one of the offenders. That being said:

Which gun should I get? I'm looking at something like either a Blade or a Dark IR3. I play speedball, but I also play in the woods, as well as scenario games. I want the very best, but I want it cheap. Let me know which website has it the cheapest since I apparently can't look it up for myself. Also, if you can give me the good points and bad points of every marker ever made, since I don't trust the reviews, as I have no sense of discretion to figure out which ones are valuable.
I want something I never have to take apart, but something fun to tinnker with, like an autococker. I need fully automatic modes, as well as a tournament board, but I don't want an electro. But I do want an electro if it feels right, nevermind that you have no idea of my definition of "feels right."
As long as you're at it, go ahead and give me a review of the website that I should buy from, and any freinds/relatives/ deceased descendants/ mother's cousin's friend's husband's cousin's former roomate's opinions.
Finally, I need to know which reg I should get, or if I should try and run Co2, and if so, which size tank, which reg and is it good on HPA and Co2, should I use a drop, which kind should I get, which revvy, and of course, I'm having trouble deciding between a boomstick or a FREAK, though I haven't eliminated the possibility of lower cost barrels. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, and by the way, if you're going to reccomend a gun, I need to know what basic maintenence procedures are involved, and if it's a complex gun. If so, I need to know each and every part. please post pics.

Thanks guys.

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 03:20 PM   #2
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

30 secs later:
Why isn't anyone replying to my post?

Old 05-23-2002, 03:21 PM   #3
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

up! Come on guys, which gun?

Old 05-23-2002, 03:29 PM   #4
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

Ok, I'm sure you all have gotten my point by now. The fact of the matter is, it is totally unreasonable to waltz in here and have someone spend $1000 or more FOR you. There must be a million threads on "which gun should I buy" and nearly 95% of the questions are opinionated. "Is it complicated" for example.
Good grief, you guys are about to buy some high end electro, and you want somemone to spend $800 or more on some gun. You want gun information? Go to the SPECIFIC MARKER FORUMS. You want to know the highs and lows of the gun? Go to the SPECIFIC MARKER FORUMS. You want to know about upgradesw and the like? GO TO THE MISC EQUIPMENT FORUMS. AND DECIDE FOR YOUR BLOODY SELF! How are WE supposed to know if you think an autococker is too complicated. How are WE supposed to know what you consider a "light" gun. And if you want to know where to FIND the gun cheapest when you actually decide on one, YOU'VE APPARENTLY GOT INTERNET ACCESS LIKE WE DO!
I mean, come on, half the blowback guys pretty much walk into our forums saying "I just bought a such and such, I'm having this problem, what do I do?" I expect gun maintenence questions out of newbies and the like in Blowback forums. Not questions like "There's a hissing from the solenoid, what's wrong?" from someone that just sent $1800 on a custom Angel.
The Blowback guys are about to get this same lecture if I have time, but good god, we must have GIGS of server space DEVOTED to gun information, and no one looks at them to decide for themselves which gun they should get!
Have you seen how many people argue over "Autococker or Angel?" You ask that question you're not going to get ANY ONE answer, and don't expect to either. You'll STILL have to make the decision by yourself.

End of story. You wanna buy a gun? Some of you would get mind boggled by the options in Wally World.
I understand asking about ONE kind of gun, say for example "Has the anti-chop eye in the Timmy given anyone any trouble?" but when you start asking "Should I get this or that" you're begging to get a million different answers.

Old 05-23-2002, 03:57 PM   #5
simon woodstock

Send a message via AIM to simon woodstock
to learn more go here
The history of spam
for a limited time get a free spam football
Old 05-23-2002, 03:57 PM   #6
splatterpunx
dead rotter

LOL
Old 05-23-2002, 03:59 PM   #7
splatterpunx
dead rotter

i hope he spams it in every forum
Old 05-23-2002, 04:01 PM   #8
Paint Bulley
Super POSER

Location: Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and
Send a message via ICQ to Paint Bulley Send a message via AIM to Paint Bulley Send a message via Yahoo to Paint Bulley
Exactly !!!!!

I refer you to:

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...threadid=59768

read my post
Paint Bulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 04:36 PM   #9
Richy_C

Send a message via AIM to Richy_C
Brilliance
Richy_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:07 PM   #10
NSUCK

Send a message via ICQ to NSUCK Send a message via AIM to NSUCK
Oh wow, I thougt all that went unsaid among the people with common sense around here (well, not many do have common sense around here so NM)
NSUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 01:47 PM   #11
PBSyndicate
Paintball Syndicate-Cap.

Send a message via AIM to PBSyndicate
I just don't see how you guys find it so annoying; it’s just an Internet forum. It's not as though people keeping calling you at your house and waking you up at all hours to ask a question regarding which marker they should buy. Just don't read the post. People don't go to the marker specific threads because they are afraid of getting a bias response. Despite all that, I do agree with you guys somewhat. I doubt people do little if any research before they ask "what should I buy?” and when people ask an uneducated question, they tend get an uneducated response. So when people do go to research peoples comparisons, all they find is a bunch of spam. Then it starts all over again; they keep asking the same stupid question and getting the same stupid answer. Yeah it's a waste of space, but we don't need an entire thread devoted to announcing the obvious. It's a waste just like the others. So go enroll your self’s in anger management, or just learn ignore all of those pointless threads out there...like this one.
PBSyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 09:45 AM   #12
Richy_C

Send a message via AIM to Richy_C
Therein lies the problem, I've read the post, atleast 50 times, and as a mod, I must read the post
Richy_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 11:24 AM   #13
Paint Bulley
Super POSER

Location: Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and
Send a message via ICQ to Paint Bulley Send a message via AIM to Paint Bulley Send a message via Yahoo to Paint Bulley
If you actually do read them all to make sure nothing bad is in them,,.

I really pitty you, being the elcetro mod and having to read every single this vs. that thread would suck....

Couple weeks back there was a this vs. that with like 20 replies by one guy and the very same 2 markers compared again this vs. that right above it with 0 posts....

We must have blind members
Old 05-25-2002, 01:49 PM   #14
PBSyndicate
Paintball Syndicate-Cap.

Send a message via AIM to PBSyndicate
I stand corrected. MOD's have the right to be pissed.
PBSyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 01:59 PM   #15
specter542
univ. of north carolina

Send a message via AIM to specter542
how the hell did this get stickied?
~Co& Ca~

university of north carolina at greensboro class of 2008
specter542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 04:04 PM   #16
Paint Bulley
Super POSER

Quote:
Originally posted by specter542
how the hell did this get stickied?
it got stickied becasue people dont seem to realize its YOUR money, its gona be YOUR marker, its what YOU like, it's what feels good YOU, and what YOU want....

Me, my, and I wont substitute for YOU and YOUR, so dont ask ME!
Old 05-27-2002, 04:14 PM   #17
Hoplon
~Removed SP avatar.~

Send a message via AIM to Hoplon
Satire rocks. Now seriously tell me what gun to get.
Hoplon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 10:39 AM   #18
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

Wow. The blowback guy just got a sticky in the electro forum.
Now I have time to go ***** at the blowback morons. Catch you in a few.
'nuff said.

Old 06-02-2002, 05:58 PM   #19
starboarder2001
Super M()derat()r

Thumbs up

Last edited by starboarder2001 : 06-11-2002 at 06:46 PM.
starboarder2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 08:05 AM   #20
Lorquas
Stare at Mr. Humpey!!

Send a message via ICQ to Lorquas Send a message via AIM to Lorquas
Bravo!

This is the ultimate (all around) post. It should be stickied in all of the forums!
Lorquas is offline   Reply With Quote