pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 01-10-2004, 06:14 PM   #21
teufelhunden
Banned

Send a message via AIM to teufelhunden Send a message via Yahoo to teufelhunden
Can't be 22. I've seen guys outshoot Halos..
teufelhunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:40 PM   #22
Angel4boy
863-561-772

Send a message via AIM to Angel4boy
yea both were fresh from delivery (888paintball) brand new enrgizer batteries in both hoppers..
Angel4boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:33 PM   #23
koolkid101

The Eggy II can be found for 60, and the Halo b can be found for 119
koolkid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:01 PM   #24
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by koolkid101
The Eggy II can be found for 60, and the Halo b can be found for 119
Prices always change.

HALO-B for $114 at paintballfirst.com
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
BourneKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:31 AM   #25
smplbz

I think bounekiller was alot harder the halo B than the eggy. I have eggy with Y board and halo B and i had to sand both the necks equally as much. My eggy never feed a constant 19 like they said it would. The battery door on the eggy sucks. With my halo i played with it for 4 weekends shooting roughly 3500 balls each weekend on the same 6 double As. And whats the big deal of the about the battery tray only going in one way. Bolts only go in the one way and you dont hear anyone complaining about them. And whats the big deal about have a small phillps screw driver in ur tool box to open the battery slot on the halo. In my opion the halo B is the best hopper out there. I like mine so much im going to order other one but in red with the rip drive. Ive heard of halos having a problem of double feeding but my halo has been my mini black magic, a orracle, and my eblade and it hasnt double feed on any of them.

My gun setup:
Another Picture
WGP 2k2 Limited Edition Black Magic Body w/ silver flames Serial #9/10
WGP Red Sto Ram
WGP Red Orr-acle Tickler
WGP Red Worr blade bolt
WGP 15 degree Asa
WGP Ergo Reg w/spacer
WGP Kanar Barrel kit Red
WGP Flame Drop
WGP Adjustable Worr Gas 70/4500

Last edited by smplbz : 01-26-2004 at 09:34 AM.
smplbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:45 AM   #26
VeNoM
Wish You Were Here...

Send a message via AIM to VeNoM
I think he was honest, Halo's are not as reliable as Evo's in my opinion, although they are faster.

I really don't mind the slightly lower feed rate for the reliability of the Evo, never do I snap shoot 17 BPS and think "wait a minute, there should be 3 more in that string!" ... Some body has gotta support and use the Halo's though or Oddyssey would be out of business ..

NWDP - We Are Cooler Than You ClubN

Black 2k3 Half-Mill Viking, WAS, Eyes, JMJ Eye Covers, Razor trigger, CCM Lo-rise, Dye Stickies, 68/45 Hyperflow, Empire Reloader B PIC

Me & My Speed

"When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power the World will know Peace" - Jimi Hendrix
VeNoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:34 PM   #27
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by smplbz
I think bounekiller was alot harder the halo B than the eggy. I have eggy with Y board and halo B and i had to sand both the necks equally as much. My eggy never feed a constant 19 like they said it would. The battery door on the eggy sucks. With my halo i played with it for 4 weekends shooting roughly 3500 balls each weekend on the same 6 double As. And whats the big deal of the about the battery tray only going in one way. Bolts only go in the one way and you dont hear anyone complaining about them. And whats the big deal about have a small phillps screw driver in ur tool box to open the battery slot on the halo. In my opion the halo B is the best hopper out there. I like mine so much im going to order other one but in red with the rip drive. Ive heard of halos having a problem of double feeding but my halo has been my mini black magic, a orracle, and my eblade and it hasnt double feed on any of them.
I was honest. I've used both HALO-Bs and EvoIIs for over a year, in extensive tournament play.

This isn't just my opinion, as well, but it's the opinion of many others as well, as well as members of the Bonebrake Factory team.

Yes, bolts go in only one way, but it's obvious which way they go in, and the battery pack can go in 4 different ways, and it's just one more thing that's irritating. As well as the small screw, it's another thing that limits you in quickly changing battereies (all 6 of them). The EvoII? Pop it open, put in two batteries, close it, all in less time that it takes to unscrew the HALO-B door halfway.

And I really wasn't ratting on the thick feednecks of the hoppers. I think that they need to be thick so that you can fit them to your gun. However, I just said an effective way to sand down the HALO-B neck.
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:25 PM   #28
Esprit_inCANADA
Plz Ignore My Newb Name

Check link in my sig (evo 2 sucks)

www.paintstorm.ca
www.tocseries.com

BrendonVidal@Hotmail.com
Esprit_inCANADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:17 PM   #29
Plython
Hey, I'm Plython!

Send a message via AIM to Plython
Check link in your sig (you got owned)
Plython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:28 AM   #30
CARBON
ScubaPro

Quote:
Originally posted by Plython
Check link in your sig (you got owned)
lol, Thats funny. No, but seriously this is the second thread that he's messed with in the hopper forum and Bourne knows it. He never has anything constructive to add and always puts down the products he doesn't own. I'm gettin tired of his biased opinions.

But anyway, I have an evoII and my friends all own either those, or HALO B's. The evoII's seem to have problems with the battery compartments, and the spring loaded lids. But their cheaper and feed the same. The Halo'Bs are just really heavy. Its just balancing out your opinion, with the position you play.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:29 AM   #31
BourneKiller

Let's not hypothesize about Esprit.

Anyway, I did have some issues with the EvoII battery door popping open when I played yesterday... but that could have been just me dropping my hopper every time off the break.

That's what I get for trying to use a powerfeed elbow on a warpfeed Emag body.

Needless to say, the hopper and elbow would spin and fall off my gun off of the break every game.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #32
CARBON
ScubaPro

Well, the battery compartment on one of my friends guns was opening all the time also. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

That must have been weird, 3.......2........1.......GO, You jump off the line and slide into the carwash on the left tape. You crawl forward and snap shoot at the guy across the field. You get 2 shots, and realize that your hopper is lying behind you with the batterys on the ground.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:51 PM   #33
PMI_Guy
Currently out of season

Send a message via AIM to PMI_Guy Send a message via Yahoo to PMI_Guy
I saw this dude at the field saturday, Nice IR3, N2, even a stand... and a Evo2 with duct tape holding it together.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:41 PM   #34
BigMan1416

let me fillter out some of that bull .
yes the halo needs 6 AA batteries, but its battery life is roughly 2x that of the egg, done on a shot by shot basis from several stores and there are Nimh batteries that have a 1.5-1.9v output. The egg with z-board tops out at 25, halo z-code, 27 bps some have clocked 30 bps.
the battery cover and battery fitting set up for as little motion as possible while in play, that little screw is so common that u can get a $0.15 at a Grocery store!
There r 2 sensors the eye which is flat so that it works if there is direct sun light unlike the egg, and also a crush sensor (z-code) so i can feel the force of a stuck ball if that ever happens.
Doubling feeding is only a problem with cheap detents, if u use a good gun its never been a prob.
My Email is Armory1416@hotmail.com
BigMan1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:14 PM   #35
BourneKiller

Thanks. It's obvious you know what you're talking about.

Since you cited all your sources.... told me how you found out about this "shot by shot battery test life counter" test.

And told me how you "clocked" the HALO-B at 30bps...

And... since when has the EvoII been bothered by sunlight? Not the last time I checked, with a clear or black shell.

Cheap detents? Well, now that HALO-Bs have been out for, what, a year or so...? All the new guns have (or are supposed to have) real strong detents, so that you can use a HALO-B with them. However, it's ridiculous that they are designing a gun around the hopper, and all the guns made previous to the HALO-B have to have special detents purchased for them (most of them, anyway).

And I like how you addressed all the other issues, like the HALO-B's pickiness with batteries, random problems, inability to "see" black paint, etc...

Oh, when you get around to it, could you tell me where to get those 1.5-1.9V NiMHs? I would really like to know, cause I was honestly bummed out when my NiMHs wouldn't work. (No sarcasm, I serious, I actually want to know)

(Still no sarcasm) Now, you did bring up a point with the battery pack that I didn't think of. Being designed for as little movement as possible. Valid point, but I still think it's an annoying hassle that might have been able to be circumvented by a different design.

Anyway (sorry, now there is a little bit of sarcasm), thanks for sorting through the "bull" for me, since I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:34 PM   #36
smplbz

A hopper is a hopper they all feed paint. Some of you like the halo, some of you like the eggy and i like q feed cant we all just agree to disgree about which one is better.

My gun setup:
Another Picture
WGP Red Sto Ram
WGP Red Orr-acle Tickler
WGP Red Worr blade bolt
WGP 15 degree Asa
WGP Ergo Reg w/spacer
WGP Kanar Barrel kit Red
WGP Flame Drop
Old 02-04-2004, 12:18 PM   #37
can'tthink of1
word up

Send a message via AIM to can'tthink of1
I have been fortunate enough to be able to try out a Halo B and an egg2 recently. All I can say is that they are both good hoppers. I think that the feed rate claimed doesn't matter since each load quick enough for most people. I mean how many times do you see someone shotting 20bps in a game, it might just be me but they don't shoot all to quick, and both the halo and the egg2 feed fast enough. They both have flaws, but lets get serious, if you complain about the weight of a halo, or any hopper for that matter, just use a vl 200 or a revvy. I don't really think either one is better, even if the halo is 110, your are getting stronger shells and maybe a better quality item, but if you like the egg more then get it. It really seems to be personal prefrence and not which one is better, because they both have their goods/bads and what is so great, if you have one of em, and you don't like it, there will always be someone who wants to trade the other one for it, so you can't loose imo.
Tribal Owner's Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2f4
FAIL.
can'tthink of1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:54 PM   #38
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by smplbz
A hopper is a hopper they all feed paint. Some of you like the halo, some of you like the eggy and i like q feed cant we all just agree to disgree about which one is better.
So... you're saying that "a marker is a marker, they both shoot paint."?

So... Talon = E-Class Orracle?

I'm sorry, but that is a very lazy statement there.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:26 PM   #39
smplbz

Im not saying a marker is marker. Im saying that the evo 2 and halo b are both pretty much equal when you think about. They both have their ups and downs the halo cost alittle more but it feeds faster and is more consistant. Where the evo is less expensive and holds more paint. The halo looks alot better and has a much better profile. The Eggy has better battery access. So what im getting at is that they are equally as good. And its pointless for there to be thread after thread of people fighting about which one is better. And I personally think the people that get so upset over it and start flaming other people over their opinion on which hopper they perfer is stupid.

My gun setup:
Another Picture
WGP Red Sto Ram
WGP Red Orr-acle Tickler
WGP Red Worr blade bolt
WGP 15 degree Asa
WGP Ergo Reg w/spacer
WGP Kanar Barrel kit Red
WGP Flame Drop
Old 02-04-2004, 04:34 PM   #40
BourneKiller

There you go, comparing features, just like you said that we shouldn't do.

They are minute, but with players that demand perfection, I'm being very vocal on every single flaw and advantage, so people can spend their money the way they want it.

I learned all these things from time on the field, and some of them I wish that I would have been able to read and do something different.

There are not HUGE differences, but with the two top-of-the-line hoppers right, people want to know what the differences are.