pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > News > Stolen Equipment

Old 10-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #41
Automatic105

sling

How about sticking what you need in a book bag and bring it around...or sling your gun
Automatic105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #42
dantriggerhappy
^^^That is my screen name

Send a message via AIM to dantriggerhappy
Because it is unpractical.
dantriggerhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:11 AM   #43
Automatic105

sling

slinging your gun isnt unpractical
Old 10-11-2004, 12:12 PM   #44
dantriggerhappy
^^^That is my screen name

Send a message via AIM to dantriggerhappy
I think it would be. If I had to walk around with a gun on my back, I would feel like an idiot, not to mention it being uncomftorable. I just hold mine by my snatch grip. Clearly, the simple solution is to put it in a bag and lock it, and know everyone around you, so there are very small chances of it being stolen.

Dan
dantriggerhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:24 PM   #45
phlanax13

I went paint balling last saturday. Literately everybody left thier stuff on several tables including myself and nobody even touched anybody else stuff.. I waspretty surpsied even several people leave their cocker and shocker on the table. Mostly paints.

I left my pods on feild for over half an hour and nobody even touched it in 2 games.

I'm pretty impressed with the people that plays in this field.

Sling the gun... Sheesh having 5 pods full of paint on my back is heavy enough for me to haul around all day. Adding more weight on one's back is pretty stupid and will wear out people much quicker.

My eBay
phlanax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:47 PM   #46
Automatic105

well it is just an idea. I mean, why would you carry your paint around in a briefing area. And the guns arent that heavey... with nitro or c02, maybe 5 pounds
Old 10-13-2004, 09:02 PM   #47
mastercheif_425
Doodlebug Ref

go paintballing with a lot of your friends because at least one will sit out at least one game at a time so they can watch your shiz that you dont need in game and if you want to carry your paint with you in staging only buy a box at a time and carry it in your pod pack but unless your like me and dont have one go with number one
Black Q-lock
Black S-rail w/ Black CP On/Off 360 qev
SD t-board with membrane pad
Black NDZ snatch grip Black FBM fierce frame w/ 15 degree ASA
Empire reloader B with Hybrid Suicide shells in black
Crossfire 68/45 HPA w/ Grey Dye C5 Cover
mastercheif_425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:54 PM   #48
Kurama

Send a message via AIM to Kurama
I usually carpool with 5+ people, so what we do is keep all of our paintball stuff in a giant plastic bin with dividers. Add a combo lock so people don't just reach in, and you're set. Fully loaded it can weigh from 30-80lbs depending on how many people are there. Good luck stealing that.

But putting paint in it too would be insane. After a few months, I realized people would steal like a bag and a half a day from me. I had no way to tell who took it, because I was using Menace, which pretty much everyone at the field was using. Now, I spend a bit extra and get an oddly colored paintball type (Usually neon pink or paintballs with some sort of graphic on them, like evil) and keep tabs on what paint everyone is using. I caught a few people with atleast a bag's worth of my paint once. I didn't confront them until after the next round, where they... Lets just say they got a good look at the paint flying at them.
Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:02 PM   #49
Pistolero2112
Diablo II is Cool

I keep my stuff in a back pack. I don't take very much.

Marker
Tank
Hopper
Mask
Change of Clothes
and thats about it.

I flip my mask up on my head, and I put my tank and hopper in the staging area. And I only use a little bit of paint each time. Maybe around 400-700. I don't use pods because I find I don't shoot enough.

Unless you use pods, only buy your paint a little at a time. If you have all of your extra paint, the chances of people stealing it are greater.
Fact: Anyone that complains about friends being "whipped" has never had a girlfriend. They assume that any change in a schedule is a male sacrificing all he has to appease a demanding girlfriend. What they fail to understand is that anyone that has been with a woman would invariably prefer to make out in his back seat instead of watching his smelly friends play HALO and talk about boobs.
Pistolero2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 07:51 AM   #50
ibeeberz
Banned

I got a great idea. since ur so scared of stealing, put a GPS (Global Positioning System) in your gear bag!..... Or if u cant afford it hire a man with a shotgun to guard your things. Personally, the idea of locking ur bag with all ur equipment between games is hard for me. At SGT.Splatters in Toronto, Canda, theres a game, and then we have about 4 mins intermission. It practically takes 1-2 mins to place it in and lock it, and another 1-3 mins to take it out and lock it again! Then its pointless

Last edited by ibeeberz : 01-04-2005 at 04:33 PM.
ibeeberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 07:52 AM   #51
ibeeberz
Banned

at sgtsplatters in ontario, there are lockers, great idea, so i place my things in there
Old 12-27-2004, 01:03 PM   #52
DarkeWolf

another thing to do, is to make your bag obvious...what I mean, is make it so that it stands out. I mean think about it, how many peeps are carrying gear bags in a paintball shop? its like seeing people carry luggage at an airport.
tape your bag up with neon tape or something, so that it stands out in a crowd, so that if somebody grabs your whole bag, you or your friends will have a better chance of spotting it in the crowd.
and tape something with your name and a number or word, that you know underneath the tape (hide it- but not your phone number or address). that way, when you go to reclaim it, and they say that it is theirs, you can say "theres a tag with my name, and a password taped in it"
locking it down with the bike chain isnt a bad idea either. it might look kinda funny, but I'd rather be laughed at, than have my stuff taken.
DarkeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:12 PM   #53
PMI_Guy
Currently out of season

Send a message via AIM to PMI_Guy Send a message via Yahoo to PMI_Guy
Did this today.

Just bring as little stuff as you need, and keep the rest locked in a vechicle or at home.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #54
Avery_mac
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by PMI_Guy
Did this today.

Just bring as little stuff as you need, and keep the rest locked in a vechicle or at home.
if its in a vechicle in the trunk so its not seen and if its a hatch back but it in the back and cover it with a blanket or something..
Avery_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #55
<(@_@)>

wow I never knew that ppl would be that cruel. I'm new to paintball, if I had never of read this article, I would have probably had my gun stolen!!! Thnx guyz, I'm goin to get a lock or something!!!!
<(@_@)> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 04:50 PM   #56
CarlB

Why do we have to have Tips for Safeguarding your gun.

Man what has the world come to? Dudes where are you playing? You need motorcycle chains to tie down your gear. Why not get a GPS bug for you bag. Have it sewn in someplace inconspicuous. When your bag walks on you. You have the choice of either tracing your bag down or blowing it up. Another option on that could be a 500 round bag of paint exploding all over the fool that stole your gear.

I think the best option here is to play where you don't have to worry that someone is going to steal. I can honestly say that where I have gone to play people don't steal. All in all paintballers are good people at heart.

Had a tourney on New Years Eve. I showed up with out my goggle system. I had two different people offer me there extra gear. So I could play. I have seen many times when a players marker, or hopper is not working. Someone is willing to help out. Making sure that unfortunate one gets to play. I would rather play on the worst field, and repeatedly be shot in the arse at close range with a hot marker then have to watch, worry about my gear.

One more thing before I put my barrel plug in my mouth and shut up. I feel bad for you guys that have been burned by a thief. We spend a lot of money on the tools of are passion.

Look out to the fool "I ever catch stealing someones gear or mine."

I got your back brothers and sisters

Carl B

ibeeberz sorry I just read your input on the subject and I had the same idea about the GPS

Last edited by CarlB : 01-01-2005 at 04:53 PM.
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #57
Deadlego

did any one say a pistol or rife gun case? that you could put like 2 or more locks on? more lock you have harder it is to get in tha case right? with a pistol case you could lock it to a talbe.

a new spyder Xtra no mods yet
Deadlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #58
ibeeberz
Banned

Smile Re: Why do we have to have Tips for Safeguarding your gun.

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlB
Man what has the world come to? Dudes where are you playing? You need motorcycle chains to tie down your gear. Why not get a GPS bug for you bag. Have it sewn in someplace inconspicuous. When your bag walks on you. You have the choice of either tracing your bag down or blowing it up. Another option on that could be a 500 round bag of paint exploding all over the fool that stole your gear.

I think the best option here is to play where you don't have to worry that someone is going to steal. I can honestly say that where I have gone to play people don't steal. All in all paintballers are good people at heart.

Had a tourney on New Years Eve. I showed up with out my goggle system. I had two different people offer me there extra gear. So I could play. I have seen many times when a players marker, or hopper is not working. Someone is willing to help out. Making sure that unfortunate one gets to play. I would rather play on the worst field, and repeatedly be shot in the arse at close range with a hot marker then have to watch, worry about my gear.

One more thing before I put my barrel plug in my mouth and shut up. I feel bad for you guys that have been burned by a thief. We spend a lot of money on the tools of are passion.

Look out to the fool "I ever catch stealing someones gear or mine."

I got your back brothers and sisters

Carl B

That is so true, i support that 100%. An addition to kind paintballers always helping, they do more then just try to fix ur gun for u. One time some guy gave me 100 free rounds because i was out of money and i ran out of paintballs in my pods and hopper. Secondly stealing is so harsh, someone who paid lots of money for equipment would atleast have some heart in them and wouldnt want to be stolen from. Unless its a noob with a 50 doller Brass Eagle.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:46 PM   #59
ibeeberz
Banned

I got an addition. If you are a noob with a brass eagle or something low-level like that that costed u 30 dollers from walmart, you dont need to worry about your equipment being stolen. If i happened to steal a brass eagle samaurai, i'd use it for nothing but a paperweight.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #60
pmipaintball

if u put a lock on ur bag it wont really help they would just take ur bag to! Thats just my opinion! I neverm put my gun down I carry it every where are laeve it by a group of friends i trust!]
pmipaintball is offline   Reply With Quote