pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Custom Modifications

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2004, 06:36 AM   #1
amzng_spyderman
Legend

silencers/sound suppressors

Quote:
Originally posted by Crime Dog
I just deleted a thread on silencers in which plans were shared on how to build one.

The area of law covering silencers is an extremely gray one, and sharing the wrong information COULD land someone in a heap of trouble. Some law enforcement officials don't care about them, but certain ones do (say for example, the ATF.)

That being said, any thread containing information on how to build a silencer WILL be deleted, as pbreview.com will not be held responsible for illegal activity involving silencers.

I know this is going to upset some people. I understand. I'm a member of OSOK myself, and I enjoy the "stealth" aspect of paintball. Squeegie, a well-known paintball "sniper" (for lack of a better word) himself will not allow plans for silencers allowed on the OSOK discussion forums, due to the tricky nature of this particular area of law.

We're taking Squeegie's lead in this matter and immediately deleting any thread on pbreview.com we may find involving plans for the construction of silencers. We will not allow pbreview.com to be prosecuted for providing a forum for plans to construct illegal devices such as silencers.

If you are interested in purchasing barrel extensions however, you may wish to peruse other areas of the internet...

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and for your understanding.
Quote:
Originally posted by Killer Kat
Guys, What Crime is trying to get thru your noodles is.

We will not support nor promote discussions regarding silencers in the threads nor on the site.

Until we find out where the legal end of it is, these type posts will be deleted and members will be asked to stop posting them.

If anyone has any questions regarding any of this please feel free to contact me or spyderman. Thanks~KK
Quote:
Originally posted by Ring31
(A9) Q. Are Paintball and/or Airgun Sound Suppressers legal? [Back]

A. 921(a)(24) The terms "firearm silencer" and "firearm muffler" mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

Numerous paintball silencers tested by the Firearms Technology Branch have been determined to be, by nature of their design and function, firearm silencers as defined in 18 U.S.C., Section 921(a)(24). An individual wishing to manufacturer a firearm silencer must receive prior approval from ATF by submitting an ATF Form 1 and paying a $200 making tax.

"Fossil fuels are finite, but idiots are a renewable resource."

Last edited by amzng_spyderman : 05-19-2005 at 04:30 AM.