pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > New Paintballers

Old 12-17-2005, 01:21 PM   #61
undefinable16
YEA! i got a blue shocker

i never wear my mask while tuning my gun....but then again wen im tuning i dont keep it loaded...but yea...that look like it hurt...

*****o6 VisioN (((O))) ShockeR o9*****
*****Crossfire 68/4500 HP*****
undefinable16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:13 PM   #62
lonesalamander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17
I think next time I go to my local field I'll print out your picture and have them hang it around. I can't tell you how many times I've seen refs yell at people for lifting their masks.
Heck, I was watching a game on the hyperball field after I was elimanted and there was a party of little kids watching. And five minutes before the ref yelled at one to keep his mask on and what happens? Stray shots go through the fencing (which was some cheap netting and chicken wire to be able to walk through to get to the other side without being on the field) the little kids jump and scream and the ref gets a paintball right to the goggles and tells them that's why they all need to keep their masks on.
If he didn't have the mask on his right eye would have been taken out, it was a spot on shot.
But hey, you can be the poster boy for mask safety. And at least you're taking this in stride as well.
I agree 100%

At the field i go to, I hate seeing 12-year-olds coming off the field without barrel plugs/bags on; always have to remind them about it. So me and my friends will be switching off with them, and they end up muzzle sweeping a crowd of people/parents with loaded guns.

I guarantee that if they saw these pictures before they played, they'd remember to keep the safety equipment on.
lonesalamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:03 AM   #63
jkiddmagic

Send a message via AIM to jkiddmagic
Almost same thing happened to me a couple months back, (sorry I have no pics)
I was done for the day and about to put my marker away. Turned it so the barrel faced up with my left hand over it while getting my case out of my trunk, then my marker discharged and the paintball shot right up into my hand. Blood was litteraly dripping down my arm (About 270 FPS). Went to the hopspital got about 5 or 6 stiches. Also had some nerve damage in my left palm, so when I touch my left hand palm, I can't feel it..

Lesson Learned
When putting your gun away or any other situation when having your barrel face you or another person (Practicaly all the time, unless your very lonely) to take your hopper of immediatly and turn your frame off (if you have E-marker)

So next time anything close to this situation happens, always do the following:

Before number 1: barrel plug / sleeve
1.Turn your frame off
2.Take off your hopper(shut it off if electronic)
3.Take off HPA/N or C02 take
4.Optional ::Trigger

Take my advice so you don't get hurt on and off the field
jkiddmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #64
P4p3Rc1iP
The Dutch guy

So ehm, any update on your eye? I hope you can see with it again.
P4p3Rc1iP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #65
Cruzharo

This is one of my greatest fears ever, loosing eyesight... this will probably have great affect on your gameplay even though you dont notice it that much perhaps.. heh, really sorry that this has happend man, chances are very great that somthing like this could have happened with me.

I feel really sorrry for you and i hope as much as possibleand even maybe all of your eyesight returns.

I had loads of similar events but nothing bad has happened yet, I take cautiuon but clearly not enough...

Long ago we actually had this "Daisy" guns that shot this little copper bullets, much harder than BB guns but the point is we actually shot at each other like that... kinda like a BB Gun war but ya different I could have lost an eye... Kids...

Recently though, after we were done playing and everyone was in the neutral zone and I was only one on the field I shot out my last bullets on the junk there and I took my mask off becuase I was swetting etc and you know the deal you just want it off, I thought it was safe but I was wrong, my friend Jean, Runs out screaming "I have one more bullet" and he wants to shoot me EVENTHOUGH I have no mask on.

What surprises me most is that I had to trip and push him into the ground otherwise he would have shot me, and he was aiming the gun at my face at first.

Geez, just when I thought it was all over.

I am really glad that happend, now I will be more cautious.

Anyway, once again I hope your eye recovers well.
Cruzharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #66
mgitlin
Ex-*****

Send a message via AIM to mgitlin Send a message via MSN to mgitlin
Well, bout time for an update, eh? (and no... I'm not canadian )

Went to the doc a few weeks back and got some good news. The front of the eye isn't damaged at all, and pressure is looking good. Unbeknownst to me, fluid is constantly entering and exiting the eye. With injury such as this, it is possible that an "exhaust" duct can become clogged and cause a pressure build up inside the eye. This can lead to glaucoma, and contrary to the habits of many people on this forum, I don't actually want to smoke weed...

It seems like I have potential for better sight, but there's still much blood that has to clear out. Only time will tell, I guess.

Cruz: are you crazy??? nothing can affect my game
Old 01-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #67
P4p3Rc1iP
The Dutch guy

Yay, I hope you'll regain full vision.

On the other hand, there's also a cool side in being blind in one eye. You get to wear an eyepatch which makes you look like a pirate!
P4p3Rc1iP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 AM   #68
brandon_ha

No! No! Bad! Bad Person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4p3Rc1iP
Yay, I hope you'll regain full vision.

On the other hand, there's also a cool side in being blind in one eye. You get to wear an eyepatch which makes you look like a pirate!
Dude there is nothing cool about being blind in one eye. I'm visually impaired (bad eyesight, legally blind) I have no side vision and cant read anything 5 feet infront of me or further. It's not fun.

I don't care what religion you are in - stop telling me
brandon_ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #69
t-wellz1
shut up

Send a message via MSN to t-wellz1
i look down my barrel all the time..with air on but since i got a piranha i decock it
ICD promaster
stock dm5, 14in ultralite
both guns eclipse oops on/off oops on/off
eclipse rail for promaster
wars come and go,
my soldiers stay eternal
t-wellz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #70
tippmann pb 732
Banned

I shot myself in the foot with my ion, because the first time I took off my tank, I didnt realize that it still keeps a little bit of pressure in the gun.
I was barefoot because i was inside, too. (i was just testing it out my window at a tree)

If something goes wrong, you always have this... (these got the best reviews)

Plus, they're better than stock.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4072/

Last edited by tippmann pb 732 : 02-11-2006 at 07:13 PM.
tippmann pb 732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:53 AM   #71
peterneto
the king

man i'm sorry to hear what happend to you. i hope ur vision gets better. hopefully people who read this will be more cautious.

naughty dog timmy
Virtue Board
CP Roller Trigger
CP Mini Inline Regulator
CP On/off
CP Mini Rail
Function Bolt
Hybrid Hedlock 2
Hybrid Adjustable Ram Cap
Empire Trigger Guard
empire kit
eclipse gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippmannPhreak
Zap Vapor, ftw.

That stuff smells like cucumber lotion and piss.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #72
SPYDERPaint56
SPYDERPaint56

ouch! that happened to me once but it didn't hit me right in the eye and i was wearing my mask. you know that little space between your head and the mask on the side thats about an inch wide i got shot at and the paintball went right in there and hit me on the bone right behind your eye which apparently pinched some nerve that connects my eye to my brain causing me to lose vision of my left eye for a couple months. hope your eye gets better

Spyder Rodeo
14" Nyte Stikk Barrel
Supa Fly Bolt
12 oz. CO2
Offset sight-rail
BSA Laser sight

More Ups to come.

Hardcore Woodsballer

Leave me feedback if you've ever done business with me Current Feedback: (+1/-0)
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...14#post3428614

If you love Spyders and love customizing them put this in your sig

It's Good To Be The King

SPYDERPaint56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:24 AM   #73
wise690
has a beard

Send a message via AIM to wise690
I hope you get well soon. This is a very good lesson(makes me want to wear a mask 24/7) and I don't think it's humiliating that you posted this. I knew a kid a couple years ago that decided to go out and play woodsball without a mask, ended up losing his left eye and now has a glass one.

I hope you get better.

Last edited by wise690 : 03-19-2006 at 06:56 AM.
wise690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #74
mokalman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mokalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise690
I hope you get well soon.
mokalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #75
Tabris17
Super Moderator

What's the official word mgitlin? It's been several months since the accident and I'd like to know how the eye is doing and how you're holding up. Considering I saw you put up the famous spyder for sale a few months ago too.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #76
mgitlin
Ex-*****

Send a message via AIM to mgitlin Send a message via MSN to mgitlin
well, I haven't been to the opthamologist since my last post saying I did... So, I don't have an actual "official" word. I can say that the vision has still been getting better, but there's still more blood inside. I'm actually quite hopeful now (since I can see a little better--still can't read with it--and there's still blood left to improve on).

I'll post again if I ever go to the doctor and get an "official" prognosis. And yeah, I sold the spyder to catch up on some med bills, but those got taken care of, so I decided to step up on my next marker (in sig)
Old 04-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #77
paintballer667

So do you think you will still be able to play paintball anymore or what?

paintballer667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #78
Zofarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgitlin

Cruz: are you crazy??? nothing can affect my game

Only ur Depth perception .

Seriosuly though, its good to hear its getting better. hope u get all ur sight back Mig .
Yes I am going to put it in the Ultimate Sticky after folks have a chance to find it since nobody ever reads stickies.
Meaning... Read the stickies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Zofarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:53 AM   #79
satyn7

Send a message via AIM to satyn7 Send a message via Yahoo to satyn7
sorry about your mishap . maybe more peeps will get the idea about how important goggles are in this sport. good luck with getting your eye sight back!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #80
Drunk_Greek
PWN3D

Uh i have a noob friend and he had a spyder and he thought it had no paintballs in it just cuz he pulled the hopper out so anyways he pulled his co2 out put some oil in the part it sits in i forgot the name and he pointed the gun at my other friend and fired not thinking there was a ball in it. point blank 280 right on his upper lip under his nose.. yeah... oh yeah up at the top he put the co2 back in im just to lazzy to fix it..
Drunk_Greek is offline   Reply With Quote