pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Nerve

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
equipmentcounts
Chocolate Rain.

Send a message via AIM to equipmentcounts
*Nerve FAQ*

Nerve FAQ

Which is better shocker or nerve?

They are both very good guns. Overview is Out of box nerve performance> out of box shocker. Upgraded shocker performance> Upgraded nerve (yes there are some upgrades for the nerve). The generic answer is to simply go out and shoot both markers and see for your self.

Are Nerves going to be discontinued?

Yes, well at least according to many people who came back from PSP chicago.

Why get a Nerve?

They are fully upgraded and do not need upgrades but still do have upgrades. They shoot 25+ bps. And are relatively light at 2.125 pounds. Also they cost under 500 dollars.

Are Nerves just upgraded impulses?

Well, in a way yes, but not exactly. Nerve and impulse use similar operation methods. However Nerve is lighter, integrated bolt pin, new frame, integrated LPR, and new electronics. (You could think of the nerve as a shocker and impulse hybrid)
Calling a nerve an impulse is like calling an ion a shocker or a BK0 a Timmy.

Nerve uses a similar way of cycling, but the nerve is very different.
(I am not going into much detail on this because this controversial subject, people have their own opinions, and I feel the way I have stated this is not or less controversial)

Are stock electronics tournament legal?

Yes, ( However Uziel Gal got a faulty board )

Nerve board how does it work?

Nerve board includes 2 shooting modes, dwell adjustment and recharge rate adjustment.
The two shooting modes are semi-automatic and rebound. Rebound is ramping. Rebound works like this you pull X amount than your gun jumps to a speed of Y bps as long as you maintain trigger pulling speed. (X= the required amount of pulls need to activate ramping; Y= the number of balls a second you have set it on usually 15 bps)
Recharge rate is how long it takes for your gun to be ready to cycle again. (http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/sho...ics_nerve.html use that link to adjust your recharge rate to whatever speed you desire) Dwell is how long your bolt stays forward. Increase in dwell is in a fraction of a millisecond on the nerve board. Increase in dwell= increase FPS.
***Note +04 Shockers use the same EXACT board as the Nerve****

Nerve has eyes?

They have reflective eyes. People usually say they suck and etc. They get the job done. And when are you going to shoot Black paint? With stock electronics they might not see some darker paints. However with upgrade it will see darker paint (i.e. Purple, crimson and etc). With my personal experience my predator board sees dark purple, but will not see a black Allen wrench. Tadao eye logic is supposed to be very good too.

Reflective eyes aren’t good enough for me I want break beam, can I get break beam eyes?

Yes you can have break beam eyes. You must have a predator board first.
This will cost a good amount of cash.
1) predator board $140
2) Drill for eyes professionally $ 50
3) eyes $ 35
4) install eyes professionally $40
So as you see it is going to cost you a good amount of money
You could install them yourself, saying you have good experience with a drill press.
However I do not recommend you do the process yourself.
YOU MUST HAVE A PREDATOR BOARD; ALL OTHER BOARDS DESIGNED FOR NERVE CANNOT USE BREAK BEAM EYES.
It is possible to use other electronics ( IE Timmy) for break beam eyes, however this is just as expensive and complicated if not more.

What should I do for my air system?

Well first off nerve will work on both C02 and Compressed air. The C02 MUST BE ANTI SIPHON. C02 can be damaging, so it is recommended to use compressed air.

What pressure compressed air tank can I use?

High and low pressure will both work. High pressure is universal and can be used on ALL guns. Low pressure can only be used on low pressure guns (i.e. nerve, shocker, matrix, ant etc.) It is recommend to use high pressure if you want to use the tank with a high pressure gun ( i.e. spyder, tippman and etc. ). If you do not want drop with low pressure tank, purchase a tank from one of the following brands, crossfire, Macedev, center flag or smart parts. Why low pressure? It will be more consistent in higher rates of fire.
Adjustable tank will be the best performance wise, but is usually a pound more than preset tanks.

What loader should I get?

Force-feed is recommended the following are the top three Empire B, Halo B, or a Vlocity.
Agitated or semi force-feed will work, but will be less consistent in shooting ropes.
(I.e. with a agitated loader, you will not be able to shoot over about 13 bps at most, or 8 bps consistently with a semi force feed you will shoot 15 bps but it will be like this
15 bps for the first half second than drop down to 13 bps than go back up to 15 bps on and on).

Which Aftermarket Board should I get?

IMO predator is 1st than Tadoa is 2nd than Virtue is 3rd.
Why predator? Break beam eyes and most firing rates. Tadao includes many firing modes just not as many and does not include break-beam eye compatibility .

How do I increase velocity /FPS?

A). Turning the dwell up
B) Increase input pressure in the regulator: to do this you must turn the brass adjustment cap in (I think counter-clockwise)
C) Turning/Tightening the LPR in ( clockwise)
***NOTE turning the input pressure too high may break your solenoid***

What is the air efficiency of a Nerve?

It is usually about 1200-1300 shots off a 68 chi/ 4.5k Ci tank. It varies according to setup( dwell, LPR setting and etc.).

What are the Specs on a nerve?
9 in (w/o barrel) x 6.5 in, 2.125 lbs
200-280 psi operation pressure
Uses impulse barrel threads