pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Trading Forums > Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
DagNasty
Registered Member

3rd party

Quote:
ALWAYS BUY/TRADE through a third party service. It may cost you an extra $10-$20 and a few days in delivery time.. but it is better than losing your marker/money to some lowlife scammer. There are few people these days who can be trusted, and anyone who is not willing to go through a third party is probably either scamming you or not telling you something about the trade
Anyone wishing to have a third party trade done may pm me and request assistance. I do not charge any fees, but I work on a first come, first served basis and I do not third party for trades/sales of small value, as determined by me (hey, I don't charge.. I make the rules )

I will check what is being sent vs. described, take my own photos of the product and send it to each party and once approved, send the items on their merry way. If one party backs out, both of you discuss terms, if there are any, and items are returned to each party.

I ship either FedEx with insurance/delivery confirmation at a reduced coporate rate or ups with insurance/delivery confirmation if FedEx is unavailable. Any exceptions will have to be discussed and agreed upon before finalizing. Shipping will be precalculated, payment in the form of check/money order/paypal must be enclosed for the shipping to next destination. Nothing ships until funds clear if a check is used.

I will not do the following:

Air up guns, tune guns, fire guns.

I will make sure the electronics work, that there is no visible damage that would render the marker useless (ie - being run over by a bulldozer), and make every attempt to ensure a working marker.. outside of airing it up, tuning it, and firing it.

If you are sketchy about a trade, or just don't feel like getting scammed.. pm me. First come, first served.

Marker trades preferred, since this is free.. I'd really not like to have spend time checking a pack/pods, masks, or o-ring kits.

If any other mods officially decide they would like to provide this service as well, feel free to edit my post or let me know and I'll add that info here.

Last edited by DagNasty : 01-05-2006 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
cookie123
I love you

Send a message via AIM to cookie123
can someone tell me what a third party is?
reading rainbow.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
Ice Marine
Marine Made Of Ice

Send a message via AIM to Ice Marine
Third Party:
Say there is a seller that has no-feedback, very little feedback, or has some shady feedback. You don't feel comfortable shipping first (or paying first) and the guy refuses to send his gun first. Then what you two can agree on is to use a third-party service. A third-party service is someone/some company who is reputable enough that both parties arn't scared that they will be scamed.

ie:
APerson and BPerson are two traders. 3rdParty is the third-party service (in this thread, DagNasty).

APerson sends gun to DagNasty.
BPerson sends gun to DagNasty.
DagNasty quickly checks over both guns to see that both parties (APerson and BPerson) have met their side of the deal.
If/When DagNasty decides that both parties have fulfilled the requirements, DagNasty will send AGun to BPerson and BGun to APerson.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
cookie123
I love you

Send a message via AIM to cookie123
oh, thanks for clarifying on that.
reading rainbow.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
DechYE

Send a message via AIM to DechYE
Maybe intrested in doing a 3rd party trade, I'll PM you if I we decide to go through with it.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #6
ubernuber

Consider This

DagNasty, I'm not calling you a scammer or anything in the following post, I highly respect you for being so willing to take up such a helpful role in facilitatiting the trade; but what if you were able to try out two nice guns at your local field for the weekend while you were ummmm 'checking them out'... Heck, people would think you were a rich bas**rd! HAte to say it, but I probably would 'test' markers like that
Old 05-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
zinger565
Whaaaaaat?

^^^the reason he's a mod, and you're not
Old 05-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

I sent you a PM Dag.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #9
DagNasty
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernuber
DagNasty, I'm not calling you a scammer or anything in the following post, I highly respect you for being so willing to take up such a helpful role in facilitatiting the trade; but what if you were able to try out two nice guns at your local field for the weekend while you were ummmm 'checking them out'... Heck, people would think you were a rich bas**rd! HAte to say it, but I probably would 'test' markers like that
i am a rich bastage and I wouldn't need to try out any maker at my "local field" because my local field in in my backyard and any marker you own I can buy without thinking twice.

I'm offering a free service for those without the means to pay for a third party. You can choose not to trust me, I have no problem with that.. whatever floats your boat. But do not call me out for trying to help people avoid being scammed.

On that note, this thread is locked. Anyone who wants a free third party service through me is more than welcome to pm me.

Last edited by DagNasty : 06-24-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Closed Thread