pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 08-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #61
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
I'm sure hoping all went well. Of course, after recieving a bone marrow transplant, I doubt my first thought would be to rush onto PBR. Anywho, Flame is a tough guy, I'm sure he'll make it through this. Never ever doubt him, as the best quality he has is that he never doubts himself.
Flame is an awesome asset not just to the PBR community, but to the world as a whole. If there is one thing I view as more honorable than any other, it would have to be always willing to fight for yourself and your loved ones.

Best wishes Flame. We all hold our breath while we wait to hear from you.
I could only hope to have said it any better.

Copyright Collegeboy 2007, 2008, 2009

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Get well Flamethrower
CollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #62
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
Maybe one of the mods or all of them should start up a donation of money thing. I'd donate in a heartbeat. God bless man, and I hope you recover 100%.
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:40 AM   #63
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Thank you for all of the kind words guys.
I am still kicking here. It is the morning of day +7, I'm waiting for my breakfast to show up. I figured I would check and see what was going on here.
Well here is an update. It is day +7 which is 7 days post transplant. The transplant went pretty well. The marrow was infused over the course of about an hour and a half. I reacted slightly from it. I got a few hives, but no major other reactions. I did start feeling a little sick a few hours after that. In the subsequent days after the transplant I felt pretty bad. Constant nausia, with the feeling like my intestines were in a blender. My appetite was kind of hit or miss. The chemo that I got has several side effects. One of which is that it can and does kill some taste buds, so food does not taste quite right, in some cases it can taste horrible. It also changes your sense of smell. The smell of some foods now make me feel sick. On top of that I spend a good deal of time on the toilet. The chemo destroys the lining of the GI tract, which starts at your mouth and (yup you guessed it) ends, well at the end. So food is processed differently and more quickly.
I am starting to feel some effects of the mucisitis in the back of my throat. With any luck it will go no further than that. I am told that in some of the bad cases it is so painful that it is like "swallowing razor blades." Thats when people start getting the really good drugs. Still nothing you hope for. Yesterday I started feeling a little bit better, and today seems ok for right now. I am hooked up most of the day to an IV drug of some kind. Either FK506(immuno suppressant) or an antibiotic. I get time in the late afternoon and evening to be free from my octopus friend. Then I usually try and get some excersise. They want transplant patients to keep moving, as it helps the blood flow and keeps your muscles from going into atrophy. Normally I walk about a mile or try and get on the bike for a few miles. Yesterday was different, I'm not really sure what I was thinking, I started with 3.5 miles on the bike. My knee and legs hurt after that so I started to walk around the BMT unit to loosen up, before I went back to my room. I don't know if it was just the music I was listening to or what, but the next thing I know I had been walking for an hour and 45 minutes. On the board it says that 24 laps is 1 mile. I never did count the laps, but it had to be 4-5 miles. My legs sure did hurt after that.

Well all in all, they say I am right on course. While we are still waiting for my blood counts to go to zero, I know they will get there. Then it will be the wait for them to come back up. That should start in about 10-12 more days.

I have some pictures that I may put up here if I can get them to upload.

Until then.

Never give up! Never surrender!
Flame
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #64
Bramge_Dained
I is Dain Brammaged

Where are you at?
A hospital over in cheddarville or'd they send you to the twin cities?

I believe my uncle was at Hennipen County Medical Center for his ordeal(I never can remember which is which between HCMC and North Memorial).

3-101, FTL.
Bramge_Dained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #65
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

Flamethrower>cancer

Flamethrower>chemo

Flamethrower>Chuck Norris

'nuff said

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #66
BunkerBoys
A1 Nubsauce

Send a message via AIM to BunkerBoys
Horray for Flame! Keep pressing on and best wishes.

BunkerBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #67
Lord Delta
May 19th

Send a message via AIM to Lord Delta
Quote:

'nuff said
HAHAHA, that's good. We should all come up w/ l33t speak type motivational comments. I suck at that stuff so I can't come up w/ anything so it's up to you guys. I thought it might give Flamethrower a laugh.

i h8 cancer (see how terrible I am? that's why it's up to you guys)
2k3 WGP VF autococker. Torpedo Reg, Micro Rock, Bomb 3-way, KAPP Fat Ram, 3:16 Valve, Worr Blade Bolt, KAPP hammer, KAPP Delrin Detent, Crossfire 68/4500 fiberwrapped, JnJ Edge Barrel Kit (blue/black), Black Halo-B.

Smart Parts Ion, JnJ Edge Barrel Kit, Check-it unimount, dye stickies, eclipse QEV, TheBetterOne trigger.

TSCOOS
Lord Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #68
fake ninja
Immigration game champ 02

Quote:
Flamethrower>cancer
Quote:

Flamethrower>chemo

Flamethrower>Entire US Nuke Supply

Flamethrower>Cockroaches

'nuff said

you forgot a few
RIP Pimped-Out Black Maxx
fake ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:53 PM   #69
wise690
has a beard

Send a message via AIM to wise690
I'll keep you in my prayers. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #70
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Ok so here are some pics for you guys.

MY kitchen sink/entertainment center.

Some of my morning meds

What my "other" meds came in.

A bag of the "good" stuff.

More later, I need to take a shower. I am finally disconnected from the IV pump.

Flame
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #71
Mr Murderdoll89
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mr Murderdoll89
Good luck man

Much love to. Keep on fighting.
Mr Murderdoll89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #72
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

stuck so Flamethrower can keep us posted and let us know when he beats this thing!

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #73
PeYToN-SS
EKK Soldier

Send a message via ICQ to PeYToN-SS Send a message via AIM to PeYToN-SS Send a message via Yahoo to PeYToN-SS
Good luck, I hope your recovery goes well. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #74
Lord Delta
May 19th

Send a message via AIM to Lord Delta
Can't be doing too bad if they've got your room stocked w/ mountain dew eh?

Bet it feels good getting rid of that IV. Did you find it humurous at all that your medicine comes in a bright yellow bag w/ a biohazard label on it?
2k3 WGP VF autococker. Torpedo Reg, Micro Rock, Bomb 3-way, KAPP Fat Ram, 3:16 Valve, Worr Blade Bolt, KAPP hammer, KAPP Delrin Detent, Crossfire 68/4500 fiberwrapped, JnJ Edge Barrel Kit (blue/black), Black Halo-B.

Smart Parts Ion, JnJ Edge Barrel Kit, Check-it unimount, dye stickies, eclipse QEV, TheBetterOne trigger.

TSCOOS
Lord Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #75
JJW319
Banned

Good luck. Get well soon. Stay strong. Always have hope, always.
JJW319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #76
No_DAMN_NAMES
Ridin' Dirty

I honestly breathed a sigh of relief when I saw you post again. Keep up the good work, sir.

Quote:
Can I help it if I like 'em young?
No_DAMN_NAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #77
Of_Darkness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower
I sure can shoulder a rifle. I am correct handed. I mean left handed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Murderdoll89
I'm a lefty to
I'm ambedextrous.

I'm an odd one, though. I was a righty who learned to be a lefty, instead of vice-versa.

Get better, Flame...it's lonely here without you. Afterall, the only thing better than my shotty from close-and-personal, is a Flamethrower.
Of_Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #78
Raleigh Allen
Branned

Send a message via AIM to Raleigh Allen
Stay in their man! Your in my prayers!<3
Old 08-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #79
bsg75
bears fan

Send a message via AIM to bsg75
best wishes
bsg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #80
Omega_Pirate
Swash Buckler

Good luck, I'll be praying for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fake ninja
Heil pope Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski View Post
are you saying that you advocate the beating of the mentally challanged?!?!
Omega_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote