pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 08-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #81
fake ninja
Immigration game champ 02

Whoah!!! any more meds and you wont need food.
I got my church praying for you.
Never give up! Never surrender!
RIP Pimped-Out Black Maxx
fake ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #82
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
I talk to God every other night and I will put in some good words for you. God bless you man.

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
AustinGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #83
Spyder_Pride
Proud Ion Owner.

Location: Canada, inside of my igloo, beside Cheif Crowfeather, infront of Ed's Fur Trading post where I get my CO2 refills.
Fight man.

Canadian Paintballer

Spyder_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #84
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Delta View Post
Can't be doing too bad if they've got your room stocked w/ mountain dew eh?

Did you find it humurous at all that your medicine comes in a bright yellow bag w/ a biohazard label on it?
MD is my favorite, it just doesn't taste right after the chemo. I haven't had any in a week and a half.

The biohazard bag is nothing. When I got the IV chemo, the nurses who were administering it had to wear gowns, gloves, masks, and eye protection. Apparently if they get the stuff on them it will cause lesions on their skin and damage it. But it's ok to put it in my blood stream.

Well guys we're at day +14 Things are going reasonably well right now. I have been sleeping a little bit better at night which is a plus. I lost my apitite for a little bit, but it seems to be coming back slowly. They told me a few days ago that I have the C-diff bug, which is some sort of intestinal bug that gives you diarreha in a bad way. They put me on a certain med for it, which seemed to have no effect on it. Then they changed it to another. It seems now that this one might be working. If it does not, than its off to get a colonoscopy. The fear is that is the meds are not taking care of the bug that I might have the beginings of the graft Vs host disease. Which I am told I want a little bit of, just not a lot. If I get a little of it, it shows that the news cells are fighting my bad cancer cells.
I am actually starting to feel a little bit better. It is day to day on how well I feel, but there seem to be more good days than bad days right now.
On top of that I am happy to report that my counts are starting to come back up, which means that it's looking like the graft is starting to take hold. Or trying at least. I am cautiously optomistic at this point. While this is very good news I'm not out of the woods yet, and I have a very long hard road ahead of me.

I will keep everyone up to date as more things change. I just have to pray that they keep changing for the better.

Flame
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"

Last edited by Flamethrower : 08-08-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:37 AM   #85
Raleigh Allen
Branned

Send a message via AIM to Raleigh Allen
Yes, your alive! I was thinking you left us for awhile.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #86
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

And the world waits in silence.........
it's currently day +16. I imagine Flame probably is still tethered to a machine for most of the day, but on the positive side, if he can stick it out till Halloween, he'll have a helluva scary costume with all the tubes an' stuff. And I KNOW he won't pass up the chance to take advantage of the situation and scare the heck out of little kids with his scary IV goodness.

Keep fighting! There are too many good looking nurses to die yet!

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #87
fake ninja

your my hero now, Ill call you Tube Man.
seriously though don't stop fighting czu how else will we take out the pillboxes
Old 08-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #88
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Well ladies and gents, it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's day +18 and I may finally get to go home in a couple of days. Well out of the hospital anyway. My home is to far from the hospital and my doctor wants me to stay closer for a month or two after I get out. I will have clinic appointments 3-4 times a week for at least the first month, so my doc can tweek my meds and make sure I am doing ok in general.

Got the colonoscopy, and let me tell you, it was interesting. The procedure is not bad at all. Because they sedated me and I never knew what was going on. The prep for it was the worst. You have to drink 4 liters of this liquid in 2-1/2 hours. Then you end up on the toilet for the next 3-4 hours. Essentially a full intestinal flush. The stuff you drink is called Go-Lightly. I would love to know the comedian who named that stuff. I was going anything but lightly.
Anyway the test came up negative for graft Vs host disease, which is a good thing at this point.

So with the output end of things under control, now it is just sit and wait for my blood counts to come back up. At this point today I am at the threshold of being able to be released back into the wild safely. I'm just waiting for my infection fighting cells to come up to a safe enough level. Then it is good bye hospital....well for now anyway.

I've been feeling a bit better in the last couple of days. I am happy about that. However I have had this metalic taste in my mouth for the last few days, and my taste buds are shot because of the chemo so nothing tastes right. It should come back at some point, but who knows when.

Well the doc just came in to check on me for today, so I have to go for now. I will keep you all posted. Maybe next time I will be out of my cell.

Flame
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"
Old 08-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #89
JJW319
Banned

Glad to here from you again, Flame...Once again, good luck!
JJW319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #90
mokalman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mokalman
Flame, no matter what happens, even if the odds are strongly against, never, never, EVER lose the optimistic attitude. You might have read my thread about my cousin. He was told that the odds were very very strongly against him that he would ever walk again. Now, 3 months later, he can walk 150 feet with just a cane. All because of his excellent attitude.
mokalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #91
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582
Great news man!
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
trophyman582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #92
War Penguin
Banned

http://flamethrower.youaremighty.com

War Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #93
DagNasty
Registered Member

We're all pulling for you man.. your determination gives us inspiration.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:00 PM   #94
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

It's great to hear you're getting better Flame! Unfortunatly, that means I've got to take all my "condolensces" cards back to Wal-Mart.

(To all offended, don't worry, Flame knows I have a terrible sense of humor.)
/disclaimer

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #95
paintballfolyfe
PAINTBALL OWNS

Send a message via AIM to paintballfolyfe
Hey I dont know you that well.. but i feel like i knew you for awhile! Well your in my thoughts man and in my Prayers asked God to bless you and heal you earlier tonight.. You can do it never give up, talk to God everyother day he wont mind the company

God Bless

"Give them Nothing, take from them EVERYTHING"
paintballfolyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #96
THE_Cobra58
o/

Wow. Good luck through all of this.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #97
fake ninja

yeah for flame, he will be mowing...er...burning down his enemies in no time
Old 08-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #98
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Penguin View Post

This is cool man. Thank you. My wife liked it alot as well.

On to the update. Day +22

Well they kicked me out of the hosital on Monday. Woot! I went home and got all of my things ready to come over to my sisters house. Clothes, and my computer and things. So yesterday I came over to my sisters house which is where I will be staying for the next couple of months. Before I got here I had my first out patient clinic appointment. Which scared me to death. My doctor is very strict. While I know it is for my own good, it still makes it difficult. I figured at least when I got out I would start to be able to do more things as time progressed. Litlle by little. This may still be the case. As of right now, when I am not going to my clinic appointments 3 times a week, I am to stay out of the sun, and stay indoors as much as possible. When I do go out I am suppose to wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, a hat and wear sun block on any exposed skin. I guess that the sun can cause graft Vs host symptoms in the areas of exposed skin and cause complications. Of course I will follow the docs orders, but man it's nice outside. I am always outside in the summer. I know this will change with time, I just have to be patient.

So here I sit at my sisters house in front of the computer some more. Where I will play my games and sleep spme more. A few good things did come out of the visit. I can eat what I want. He even said "I don't care if you eat 14 Snickers bars every day. It's all about calories right now." I just wish I had a Snickers in front of me right now. I guess I will have to settle for a Butterfinger.
Also he said that I am doing "superbly". He is very impressed with the way things are going up to this point. As long as I keep up my end of the bargain, and keep my head straight, I will kick the crap out of this thing.

Well I think I am going to play some BF2 now and try not to think about this stuff for a while.

I did want to say thank you to everyone, for all of the support and prayers. There is no way I could do this without you people.

"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway"-John Wayne

Flame

Old 08-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #99
revrebel93
Banned

Send a message via AIM to revrebel93
keep on keepin on good luck
revrebel93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #100
MWThreat
MW SHOOTER

Send a message via AIM to MWThreat Send a message via MSN to MWThreat
thats sad. I hate people when i see those people it looks theyre gunna die soon