pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #181
PBfreak01
'01 of Death

Send a message via AIM to PBfreak01
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr rocker View Post
Did i ever once say that I did not respect our troops. That is what I thought. I have mad support for our troops just not so much the government or the war. Stop making genrealizations.
Problem: The government is not the country.

G'day, mate.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #182
CDietz
Barned

Send a message via AIM to CDietz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr rocker View Post
Did i ever once say that I did not respect our troops. That is what I thought. I have mad support for our troops just not so much the government or the war. Stop making genrealizations.
- i didnt claim you said that... read my post. i said you should have respect for your country, nothing about our military or troops.
-i couldnt careless if you agree with our government or war. there are plenty of things i dont agree with in our country.but you know what? im trying to change some things and help out our country. what are you doing besides whining and begging for attention?
-freak covered it
- again, you dont, nor should you have to go out of your way to show extra respect for your country. if you dont like certain things about the pledge or anything else, try to change it for the better... or just dont say the words. but you are simply going out of your way to refuse to stand up. my grandparents would become sick if they heard of such an act.
CDietz-----RedHaze
Ziggo_777-----Mr. Y2K
Old 08-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #183
AngryInsurgent
Crimson Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike1888 View Post
u live here. u use our resources, eat our food, take our money, and u cant stand for the pledge? as far as i kno, the pledge has nothing to do with any president.
You accuse Bush Bashers of leeching America's resources, food, and money when it is the Blue Staters who pay the most in taxes yet recieve the least back in welfare.

on topic though,

There's a foreign citizen in my homeroom from South Africa. She never recites the pledge because she does not have allegiance to the american flag. It is facist to force patriotism in the form of coercing a pledge of allegiance each morning, whether or not the person actually has reason to not to pledge (such as other national allegiances) or are just lazy (which is rather dissrespectful.)

Either way if this was a public school and you were suspended for not pledging the 1st ammendment was breached, even if your actions were disrespectful to veterans past and present.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #184
ahopkins16
adam the giraffe

Send a message via AIM to ahopkins16
Complaining about this suspension is like me complaining about my 1 day suspension in summer school for smoking on campus. You screwed up and you know you screwed up, so you got punished for it. You have the right to refrain from recital, however without reciting the pledge you could at least stand up and acknowlege that this "stupid pledge" might be a sensative subject for some people and showing complete disregard for others' feelings is definitely worthy of suspension.

Homosexu--err...he's your cousin too?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #185
amzng_spyderman
Legend

no, it's not. you can't legislate respect. unless, of course, you ignore that pesky constitution and bill of rights.

"Fossil fuels are finite, but idiots are a renewable resource."
Old 08-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #186
FogResistant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
no, it's not. you can't legislate respect.
That doesn't mean we can't think he's an idiot for not showing said respect.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #187
kjpmkjp
Audiophool-In-Training

Send a message via MSN to kjpmkjp
It's been covered before, I just think it's downright lazy. Is it hard to stand up for 1 minuite? We all rise for our National Anthem every day at school, and nobody ever minds, and we're and ARTS SCHOOL!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #188
iplaynaked
Banned

Send a message via AIM to iplaynaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_goblin View Post
It doesn't show much of anything. The pledge has been reduced to this meaningless tradition as has been already established in this thread. It may mean SO much to you (which, I honestly doubt) but that doesn't make it personal to the rest of us. You're no better than the spam whores who forward the e-mails saying "If you don't forward this you don't love Jesus", "...You're not an American" etc etc Who are you to judge a person's head or heart?

I can be VERY VERY opposed to a number of things, behaviors, beliefs, but still care dearly about the person(s) involved. I don't know if your heart is so cold as that logic you layed out but I can't give up on my coke addict friend just because she does coke.

It's very possible he's both, it's very definate he's at least an attention whore.
you're right, i need to sleep more. i hate making a fool of myself.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #189
mokalman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mokalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by FogResistant View Post
That doesn't mean we can't think he's an idiot for not showing said respect.
INFRACTION! 1 POINT!
Old 08-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #190
fake ninja
Immigration game champ 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake ninja View Post
my bro was over in Iraq, my uncle in Nam, My Grandpa on Normandy, and My Neighbor in Nam. Your Telling me they fought to give freedom to this and other countries, and you are going to disrespect them by not standing. I don't care if you say it, or even talk to someone during it, but atleast stand and show some respect for our armed forces. How about this, if our country were to get attacked and we had NO ARMED FORCES, how would you feel about them then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_goblin View Post
Sine you still missed the point and ninja I don't really think abstaining from saying the pledge is offensive to the armed forces ...
did i say anything about how not saying the pledge is disrespectful. I said he should atleast stand. There is a difference.
Never give up! Never surrender!
RIP Pimped-Out Black Maxx
Old 08-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #191
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Quote:
Originally Posted by fake ninja View Post
did i say anything about how not saying the pledge is disrespectful. I said he should atleast stand. There is a difference.
By not standing, he is exercising his right of choice. A right that your relatives fought to defend.

In many Communist countries, people are forced to recite their nation's pledge on a daily basis. And if they do not, then they could be severely punished.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Old 08-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #192
Headhunter

Holy crap!!! What the heck is PBR coming to!?

While I can see Amazings point, I disagree. Wether you have lost faith in our President or government, teaching a child patriotism (or spoon feeding if you prefer ) isn't necessarily a bad thing. Explaining that patriotism is something totally different. It was explained to me when I was a child, by my Father, WHO IS GERMAN (Born and raised, grew up during WWII in Germany) that saying the Pledge of Allegiance is saying a promise to the Flag and this Nation, not to the Government or President of the Nation. There is a difference.

Now to the original poster. With school just starting, I bet your parents are real proud of you. I'm not even going to call you any derogatory names or insult you. You're not worth it.
Recreational Paintball Player with a Professional Attitude POG#854

Quote:
Originally Posted by llSmithll
i live in missouri....our dog sled teams are not that competitive....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I know this is a forum, but do you plan on doing any research yourself or are you planning on having all of us spoonfeed it to you?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #193
Tweeters

its all just empty movements anyways.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #194
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
If you dont stand up for the flag because you hate Bush or something you should be considered a retard, put in a corner, and slapped. The pledge of allegiance isnt something about the current president or anything at all, its about having pride in your country. To me, rebels are just stupid and shouldn't have rights.
edit:
actually, I have top change the no rights to rebels things. Being a rebel in class or something to impress your friends or something shouldnt have rights, as there are rebels who do things for a good cause.

Last edited by inuyasharox4776 : 08-22-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #195
kwalski
Mega Legend

Send a message via AIM to kwalski Send a message via Yahoo to kwalski
Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasharox4776 View Post
If you dont stand up for the flag because you hate Bush or something you should be considered a retard, put in a corner, and slapped.
are you saying that you advocate the beating of the mentally challanged?!?!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #196
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
i did I say I hate mentally retards kids? no. I'll change what I said if it bothers you that much
Old 08-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #197
Shimboodo
Registered Democrat

I do.

Seriously. I don't know why. They've done nothing to me. And I have no reason to hate them. But I do.
Maybe it's from all the really dumb people I had to put up with at my old school.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #198
HELLS_SPAWN
BURTON rider: 6years

Send a message via AIM to HELLS_SPAWN
my school doesn't even do the pledge. is that bad? no actually its good then i dont have to even care about whether or not i want to stand. and therefor none of this thread even applies to me

The Ion
Old 08-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #199
Fireaznboy
Geass

Send a message via AIM to Fireaznboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimboodo View Post
I do.

Seriously. I don't know why. They've done nothing to me. And I have no reason to hate them. But I do.
Maybe it's from all the really dumb people I had to put up with at my old school.
You hate mentally challenged people? Personally they do not bother me, heck sometimes i sit next to one on our bus. I dont see how you can hate (or feel uncomfortable around if that is less confrontational) people that had no choice to be born that way. The most common thing you will see is down syndrome, but if you talk to the other mentally challenged kids, you will see that some of them have an interesting trait. Like this one kid with autism could recite every single president in order, and their inaguration dates.

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedthephish View Post
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #200
Shimboodo
Registered Democrat

Well, I don't really hate them. They just irk me. REally, I don't know why. They have done nothing to me, and I have never done anything to them.
Closed Thread