pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > pbreview.com Forums > Questions / Comments related to pbreview.com

Old 08-29-2006, 02:49 AM   #1
Lopez17
Administrator

Infractions FAQ

As many of you are already aware, the site has recently been upgraded. With this upgrade, several new features have been rolled out. The one that's been the most prevalent and most asked about is Infractions.

What is the Infraction System?

A little bit of history first. Part of the duties of a moderator is to review posts that are reported to us and answer user complaints. In the past, minor rule violations (such as trolling, flaming, language issues) were handled with a Formal Warning via PM. This methodology was unreliable as there was no way to track how many warnings a particular user had and no method of quality control to ensure that a user didn't get PM's from multiple moderators over a minor infraction.

The new system corrects both problems. Moderators can now target individual posts and use the automated feature to issue an Infraction/Warning. This is now recorded for moderators to monitor.

How long do infractions last?

For the time being they are permanent.

I received an infraction yesterday for <insert offense here> what does this mean?

It means that something in your post was inappropriate and in violation of the rules. A moderator noticed it or it was brought to our attention and the infraction was given.

How many infractions does it take before I get banned?

As of today, we haven't decided yet. I don't think there will be a hard and fast threshold since every infraction needs to be looked at and taken with a bit of understanding and evaluated differently. If certain members have too many infractions in a particular area or too many that are particularly troublesome, then they may receive a ban. As a tangent to this, we reserve the right to avoid giving an infraction all together and go straight for the ban in certain cases.

This is stupid, why did I get an infraction for swearing or language? The swear filter caught the word in my post and starred it out.

The swear filter is there to block out words, however it is not there to enable you to curse like a drunken sailor with the intent of having the filter catch every word. Our rules are clear that profanity is not allowed...whether it's caught by the filter or not. If you want to make a point use the smilie. Rules concerning language are posted below:

Quote:
Inappropriate Language
Profanity is not allowed. Language describing illegal or sexual acts or anything else deemed inappropriate by the staff is also not allowed. Using any method to avoid the swear filter will result in an immediate ban.
Infractions are retarded, why are you harassing us about things we were allowed to do before?

This is a bit of a fallacy as members weren't allowed to break the rules before, but some violations may have slipped through the cracks. Just because you might have gotten away with something in the past is no guarantee that you will in the future. If you break the rules expect an infraction. We are trying to keep this site to a G, or at the very worst PG rating. We have kids, families and affiliates visiting here regularly and negative behaviors detract from the site.

Are Agents/Moderators exempt from this?

No. We are members as well. If we break the rules, we can expect infractions from Moderators/Andrew.

I'll add other questions/comments/explanations as they arise.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.

Last edited by Lopez17 : 08-30-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
I got a question? You see I already have 2infractons one form the first week I was here on pbr or something and the other one was lastnight, but since my first infraction was like 7months ago do you still got that infraction on record or something? Or do you only have that one I got from lastnight?

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
AustinGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:21 PM   #3
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

Since, for the time being, they are permanent, yes, both are still on record. However, I think there will be some discussion about how long it will be bfore they "go away".

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Cool. That what I wanted to know.

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

Old 08-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
FogResistant
Banned

So wait, how is the smiley any better than four asterisks? It's not like we can't tell what the person is meaning to say. Hell, I've seen mods (Jaster comes to mind) use the as well as asterisks. I somewhow doubt that you would receive multiple complaints regarding a word blocked by the swear filter.
FogResistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
Rich e b
Banned

i have two ahhh infractions too
:-/
lol i hope they'll go away soon enough
Lopez would know about my infractions lolololoololool
Rich e b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #7
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Okay I just got on my profile and I seen that I have one infraction not 2 so... Did yall take the other one off or could you find the other one.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
Raleigh Allen
Branned

Send a message via AIM to Raleigh Allen
Since when is "damn" avoiding the swear filter? I say it all the time, and just got an infraction today....
Old 09-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #9
goose89
Paintball Shark

can agents give infractions, i think i got one the other day but i dont know, how do we know if we get one for sure?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
rcxpaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose89 View Post
can agents give infractions, i think i got one the other day but i dont know, how do we know if we get one for sure?
Mods give infractions.

Swearing/spamming the chat will get you an infraction

!!!NEED PAINTBALL GEAR FOR CHEAP CLICK THIS!!!

rcxpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #11
IronCorps
Banned

Send a message via AIM to IronCorps Send a message via Yahoo to IronCorps
Hopefully this will create a sense of oversight so the users wont be so pbn-like.
IronCorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #12
DarkKnight1312
MAGNIMUS, ASSEMBLE!

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnight1312
So right now my 1point is meaningless b/c you haven't decided on how many get me banned????

And, isnt using the censored smily just as bad as the swaer filter. A person with half a brain can figure out what curse word fits in hte context of thge sentence. The only difference is that they cant use the number of asterics that would replace the word.

If i said "My moms a !" Someone can easily realize that i meant that she is a female dog. I really cant see waht makes the smily so much better.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #13
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight1312 View Post
So right now my 1point is meaningless b/c you haven't decided on how many get me banned????
Just because there is no set limit of points until you are banned, does not mean that you won't get banned.

The infraction system works just like a school record. Everything bad you do is written down in your folder and is kept forever. Too many bad things and you will have to suffer the consequences.

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #14
DarkKnight1312
MAGNIMUS, ASSEMBLE!

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnight1312
Well after over 2 years, ive only recieved 1 infraction, so dont think i should be worried about it.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #15
mugenXP

Send a message via AIM to mugenXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez17
The swear filter is there to block out words, however it is not there to enable you to curse like a drunken sailor with the intent of having the filter catch every word. Our rules are clear that profanity is not allowed...whether it's caught by the filter or not. If you want to make a point use the smilie.
whats the difference between the stars from the swear filter and the smiley? either way the reader knows your using profanity.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
kjpmkjp
Audiophool-In-Training

Send a message via MSN to kjpmkjp
That they can easily guess the word due to the number of stars. That would make the most sense.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #17
viks
Anti-fatassism

How do you know if you have an infraction or not?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #18
Lopez17
Administrator

Why do some strip clubs require that their strippers wear pasties. You can obviously tell what's behind them. The idea behind the smilie is that it requires you to select it, and go to a bit of extra effort to use it. Odds are if you're going to do that you're going to exercise some thought about it and hopefully use some better, more appropriate vocabulary instead.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:36 PM   #19
kwalski
Mega Legend

Send a message via AIM to kwalski Send a message via Yahoo to kwalski
its sent to you pm style. it then stays on your user CP, under your latest pm list
Old 09-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
mugenXP

Send a message via AIM to mugenXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez17 View Post
Why do some strip clubs require that their strippers wear pasties. You can obviously tell what's behind them.
exactly, so if the swear filter catches all the cussing, thats the same concept, you can obviously tell whats behind those stars, but it isn't shown.

and how do you know strip clubs require panties???? I never knew that one.