pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

  Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > pbreview.com Forums > Questions / Comments related to pbreview.com


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 06:50 AM   #21
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru
 
Psycho_warden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
I have a couple questions.

What is trolling? For some odd reason, I get the picture of a large hairy, smelly guy in a boat fishing...maybe thats just me.

And when the report button is used, does it send the report to all of the moderators, or just the ones that are assigned to that forum?
__________________
CCI-OT...we miss you
Psycho_warden is offline  
Old 03-28-2006, 07:23 AM   #22
DagNasty
Registered Member
 
DagNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Baltimore/Florida/Bermuda
trolling.. there's many definitions for it, for the most part it means surfing threads looking for an e-fight to pick for no reason. It's how people without the ability to be significant in the real world make themselves feel better.

Reporting a post flags it to all mods, supers, and admin.
__________________
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame.. but i know, its my own damn fault.
DagNasty is offline  
Old 03-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #23
OWNAGE
Super Moderator
 
OWNAGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or offensive messages on the Internet, such as in online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants (see Anonymous Internet posting). "Troll" can also mean the message itself or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" is also commonly used to describe the activity.
__________________
BearDown

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline  
Old 03-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #24
No_DAMN_NAMES
Ridin' Dirty
 
No_DAMN_NAMES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_warden
I have a couple questions.

What is trolling? For some odd reason, I get the picture of a large hairy, smelly guy in a boat fishing...maybe thats just me.

And when the report button is used, does it send the report to all of the moderators, or just the ones that are assigned to that forum?
It is like that. Imaging trolling for fish, you go nice and slow and lay out the bait, then when they bite you reel them in and pick them up using a net of flames.
__________________
B2K4
AWESOMEMAFIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Can I help it if I like 'em young?
No_DAMN_NAMES is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #25
bubbagump2010
Banned
 
bubbagump2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: missery....missouri
how did canadian_killer get banned.........ive been gone for a while
bubbagump2010 is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #26
Shadow21
Yerr.
 
Shadow21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: So☆Cal
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/member.php?u=131205

He wasn't...
__________________
Shadow21 is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #27
Neon Lites
Ultra Legend
 
Neon Lites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maryland
Send a message via ICQ to Neon Lites Send a message via AIM to Neon Lites Send a message via MSN to Neon Lites Send a message via Yahoo to Neon Lites Send a message via Skype™ to Neon Lites
He was only chat banned. He threatened me, a while ago. Dunno why he wasnt banned from the site though.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrooper5
I once said that Uziel resembled Weird Al, he got mad

Neon Lites is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #28
bubbagump2010
Banned
 
bubbagump2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: missery....missouri
neon i thought it wuz dyehardkrew who threated u?
bubbagump2010 is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #29
Neon Lites
Ultra Legend
 
Neon Lites's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maryland
Send a message via ICQ to Neon Lites Send a message via AIM to Neon Lites Send a message via MSN to Neon Lites Send a message via Yahoo to Neon Lites Send a message via Skype™ to Neon Lites
Ive been threatened a lot... and I'm really a loveable guy, I just know how to piss a guy off.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrooper5
I once said that Uziel resembled Weird Al, he got mad

Neon Lites is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #30
canadian_killer
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
i havent been banned only chat banned
canadian_killer is offline  
Old 07-21-2006, 10:33 AM   #31
bubbagump2010
Banned
 
bubbagump2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: missery....missouri
oh.......well ididnt kno cuz ive been gone for like 2 months
but thats cool
bubbagump2010 is offline  
Old 07-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #32
No_DAMN_NAMES
Ridin' Dirty
 
No_DAMN_NAMES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump2010
oh.......well ididnt kno cuz ive been gone for like 2 months
but thats cool
Two months ago you registered.
__________________
B2K4
AWESOMEMAFIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Can I help it if I like 'em young?
No_DAMN_NAMES is offline  
Old 07-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #33
bubbagump2010
Banned
 
bubbagump2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: missery....missouri
?????oh,lol,...well.....i wuz gone for a long time.
bubbagump2010 is offline  
Old 08-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #34
crazyballer13
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
My friend.

Hi my friend who really enjoys this site and was the one who told me about it has been banned. The reason he was banned was b/c he had been banned before. The reason he was banned before was b/c he let one of our friends use his name to check out the site. When the friend got on he decided to check out the chat. He got on the chat and (being 13) started to mouth off to guys and talk trash. So my friend (woodsballa13) got banned. He figured ehhh wasnt my fault no big deal i'll just make another account (ionwoodsballa13) and just recently he was banned for coming back. The only reason he came back was not to flame people or spam on the chat but to learn about paintball. I think that my friend (ionwoodsballa13) should be unbanned b/c it wasnt his fault. He just want to learn more about this sport so he can help it grow and become better. Please unban ionwoodsballa13.
crazyballer13 is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 AM   #35
Lopez17
Administrator
 
Lopez17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Stone Ridge, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by yustink2much View Post
just wondering but what would happen if ur computer was IP banned and someone else at ur house had a different account. could they get on it at that comp. or would it ban them?
It would ban them. If the IP is banned, any connection from that IP is blocked from getting into the site. We do this with spammers, and people who persistently create dual accounts; especially those who add no value to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyballer13 View Post
all he ever does on this site is try to get enough posts to become a mod pffhh lol.....and to try to help people out.
We look for quality of posts, not quantity of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyballer13 View Post
Hi my friend who really enjoys this site and was the one who told me about it has been banned. The reason he was banned was b/c he had been banned before. The reason he was banned before was b/c he let one of our friends use his name to check out the site. When the friend got on he decided to check out the chat. He got on the chat and (being 13) started to mouth off to guys and talk trash. So my friend (woodsballa13) got banned. He figured ehhh wasnt my fault no big deal i'll just make another account (ionwoodsballa13) and just recently he was banned for coming back. The only reason he came back was not to flame people or spam on the chat but to learn about paintball. I think that my friend (ionwoodsballa13) should be unbanned b/c it wasnt his fault. He just want to learn more about this sport so he can help it grow and become better. Please unban ionwoodsballa13.

Being that I was the one that did the ban, here's the facts. Your "friend" has multiple accounts. It's your friend's responsibility to safeguard his account. He screwed up the first time by letting a disreputable person use the account. He screwed up again by created a new one. His biggest mistake was letting his "friend" dyehardkrew log in from his IP. DHK has created multiple accounts here and has been a pain. All his accounts and any site he's logged into PBR from are all now IP Banned. Even if I unbanned your friend Woodsballa13, he'd still be blocked out due to the IP ban.

Long story short, we have rules and a TOS agreement for this site. The rules are located at the top of every sub forum. They're not hard to follow or understand. He broke the rules. Then he did it again. Then his friend did. I see nothing in your argument that's compelling enough to even think of discussing unblocking his IP or lifting a ban.

Not gonna happen.
__________________
Bought or Sold From me? Leave me Feedback! (+18/-0)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline  
Old 10-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #36
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer
 
AustinGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beaufort SC
Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
I was wondering what happened to paintball_chick she was banned like 4months ago and idk why Im bring this up now. Anyways Lopez banned her fyi
__________________
Drill Instructor and Asian Recruite story.

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
AustinGod is offline  
Old 10-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #37
OWNAGE
Super Moderator
 
OWNAGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGod View Post
I was wondering what happened to paintball_chick she was banned like 4months ago and idk why Im bring this up now. Anyways Lopez banned her fyi
Lopez didn't ban her; Andrew did.

paintball_chick Inappropriate language and/or personal attacks in review comments. 04-25-2006 Never Andrew
__________________
BearDown

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline  
Old 10-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #38
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer
 
AustinGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beaufort SC
Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderOWNAGE View Post
Lopez didn't ban her; Andrew did.

paintball_chick Inappropriate language and/or personal attacks in review comments. 04-25-2006 Never Andrew
Crap. She was my buddy on here. Thanks.
__________________
Drill Instructor and Asian Recruite story.

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
AustinGod is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2007 Hillclimb Media