pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > pbreview.com Forums > Questions / Comments related to pbreview.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:50 AM   #21
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

I have a couple questions.

What is trolling? For some odd reason, I get the picture of a large hairy, smelly guy in a boat fishing...maybe thats just me.

And when the report button is used, does it send the report to all of the moderators, or just the ones that are assigned to that forum?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:23 AM   #22
DagNasty
Registered Member

trolling.. there's many definitions for it, for the most part it means surfing threads looking for an e-fight to pick for no reason. It's how people without the ability to be significant in the real world make themselves feel better.

Reporting a post flags it to all mods, supers, and admin.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #23
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or offensive messages on the Internet, such as in online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants (see Anonymous Internet posting). "Troll" can also mean the message itself or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" is also commonly used to describe the activity.

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #24
No_DAMN_NAMES
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_warden
I have a couple questions.

What is trolling? For some odd reason, I get the picture of a large hairy, smelly guy in a boat fishing...maybe thats just me.

And when the report button is used, does it send the report to all of the moderators, or just the ones that are assigned to that forum?
It is like that. Imaging trolling for fish, you go nice and slow and lay out the bait, then when they bite you reel them in and pick them up using a net of flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Can I help it if I like 'em young?
Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #25
bubbagump2010
Banned

how did canadian_killer get banned.........ive been gone for a while
Old 07-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #26
Shadow21
Yerr.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/member.php?u=131205

He wasn't...
Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #27
Neon Lites
Ultra Legend

Send a message via ICQ to Neon Lites Send a message via AIM to Neon Lites Send a message via MSN to Neon Lites Send a message via Yahoo to Neon Lites Send a message via Skype™ to Neon Lites
He was only chat banned. He threatened me, a while ago. Dunno why he wasnt banned from the site though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrooper5
I once said that Uziel resembled Weird Al, he got mad

Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #28
bubbagump2010
Banned

neon i thought it wuz dyehardkrew who threated u?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #29
Neon Lites
Ultra Legend

Send a message via ICQ to Neon Lites Send a message via AIM to Neon Lites Send a message via MSN to Neon Lites Send a message via Yahoo to Neon Lites Send a message via Skype™ to Neon Lites
Ive been threatened a lot... and I'm really a loveable guy, I just know how to piss a guy off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrooper5
I once said that Uziel resembled Weird Al, he got mad

Old 07-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #30
canadian_killer
Banned

i havent been banned only chat banned
Old 07-21-2006, 10:33 AM   #31
bubbagump2010
Banned

oh.......well ididnt kno cuz ive been gone for like 2 months
but thats cool
Old 07-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #32
No_DAMN_NAMES
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump2010
oh.......well ididnt kno cuz ive been gone for like 2 months
but thats cool
Two months ago you registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Can I help it if I like 'em young?
Old 07-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #33
bubbagump2010
Banned

?????oh,lol,...well.....i wuz gone for a long time.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #34
crazyballer13
Banned

My friend.

Hi my friend who really enjoys this site and was the one who told me about it has been banned. The reason he was banned was b/c he had been banned before. The reason he was banned before was b/c he let one of our friends use his name to check out the site. When the friend got on he decided to check out the chat. He got on the chat and (being 13) started to mouth off to guys and talk trash. So my friend (woodsballa13) got banned. He figured ehhh wasnt my fault no big deal i'll just make another account (ionwoodsballa13) and just recently he was banned for coming back. The only reason he came back was not to flame people or spam on the chat but to learn about paintball. I think that my friend (ionwoodsballa13) should be unbanned b/c it wasnt his fault. He just want to learn more about this sport so he can help it grow and become better. Please unban ionwoodsballa13.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 AM   #35
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustink2much View Post
just wondering but what would happen if ur computer was IP banned and someone else at ur house had a different account. could they get on it at that comp. or would it ban them?
It would ban them. If the IP is banned, any connection from that IP is blocked from getting into the site. We do this with spammers, and people who persistently create dual accounts; especially those who add no value to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyballer13 View Post
all he ever does on this site is try to get enough posts to become a mod pffhh lol.....and to try to help people out.
We look for quality of posts, not quantity of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyballer13 View Post
Hi my friend who really enjoys this site and was the one who told me about it has been banned. The reason he was banned was b/c he had been banned before. The reason he was banned before was b/c he let one of our friends use his name to check out the site. When the friend got on he decided to check out the chat. He got on the chat and (being 13) started to mouth off to guys and talk trash. So my friend (woodsballa13) got banned. He figured ehhh wasnt my fault no big deal i'll just make another account (ionwoodsballa13) and just recently he was banned for coming back. The only reason he came back was not to flame people or spam on the chat but to learn about paintball. I think that my friend (ionwoodsballa13) should be unbanned b/c it wasnt his fault. He just want to learn more about this sport so he can help it grow and become better. Please unban ionwoodsballa13.

Being that I was the one that did the ban, here's the facts. Your "friend" has multiple accounts. It's your friend's responsibility to safeguard his account. He screwed up the first time by letting a disreputable person use the account. He screwed up again by created a new one. His biggest mistake was letting his "friend" dyehardkrew log in from his IP. DHK has created multiple accounts here and has been a pain. All his accounts and any site he's logged into PBR from are all now IP Banned. Even if I unbanned your friend Woodsballa13, he'd still be blocked out due to the IP ban.

Long story short, we have rules and a TOS agreement for this site. The rules are located at the top of every sub forum. They're not hard to follow or understand. He broke the rules. Then he did it again. Then his friend did. I see nothing in your argument that's compelling enough to even think of discussing unblocking his IP or lifting a ban.

Not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #36
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
I was wondering what happened to paintball_chick she was banned like 4months ago and idk why Im bring this up now. Anyways Lopez banned her fyi

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #37
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGod View Post
I was wondering what happened to paintball_chick she was banned like 4months ago and idk why Im bring this up now. Anyways Lopez banned her fyi
Lopez didn't ban her; Andrew did.

paintball_chick Inappropriate language and/or personal attacks in review comments. 04-25-2006 Never Andrew

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #38
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderOWNAGE View Post
Lopez didn't ban her; Andrew did.

paintball_chick Inappropriate language and/or personal attacks in review comments. 04-25-2006 Never Andrew
Crap. She was my buddy on here. Thanks.

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
Closed Thread