pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > pbreview.com Forums > Questions / Comments related to pbreview.com

Old 10-01-2006, 06:33 AM   #21
Lopez17
Administrator

Pasties, not panties.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:27 AM   #22
paintballjames
Umbram Fugat Veritas

Send a message via AIM to paintballjames
alright im going to throw my 2 cents in cause i dont let the swear filter catch it i just put the asteris (however you spell it) there my self and i still get an infraction. whats up with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle
I just came.

EDIT:back inside.

paintballjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #23
soccerjacks12
My Killer Puppy ate Santa

Depending on the amount of asterisks and context of such, you still know the word you were trying to "censore" out.
Anarchy OG Midwest Posse OG
soccerjacks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #24
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
Could a infraction go away after one year if you havnt gotin another one?

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
AustinGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #25
paintballjames
Umbram Fugat Veritas

Send a message via AIM to paintballjames
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerjacks12 View Post
Depending on the amount of asterisks and context of such, you still know the word you were trying to "censore" out.

yeah i know. thats my point sorta. i put the asterisks in myself instead of swearing and letting the filter catch it. but i still get an infraction warning for just putting the asterisks there so ppl can figure it out themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FertileTurtle
I just came.

EDIT:back inside.

paintballjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #26
soccerjacks12
My Killer Puppy ate Santa

It's a bad argument then, because it is against you
Think of a different word that isn't a sweat and you'll be better off next time.
Anarchy OG Midwest Posse OG
soccerjacks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #27
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGod View Post
Could a infraction go away after one year if you havnt gotin another one?
Yes. Interestingly enough, people complain about getting the infractions but to date, not one person has been banned due to them. It's much to do about nothing for the vast majority of users.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #28
kwalski
Mega Legend

Send a message via AIM to kwalski Send a message via Yahoo to kwalski
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballjames View Post
alright im going to throw my 2 cents in cause i dont let the swear filter catch it i just put the asteris (however you spell it) there my self and i still get an infraction. whats up with that
well, they cant distinguish if it is you putting the * in yourself or if the swear filter caught it, so yea.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #29
Uber_Mike
Vos moris non effrego mih

Send a message via AIM to Uber_Mike Send a message via MSN to Uber_Mike
ok so if there is nothing under my latest ps list under user cp that means i have no infractions right?

Uber_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #30
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_Mike View Post
ok so if there is nothing under my latest ps list under user cp that means i have no infractions right?
When you first log in go to your profile and there will be a thing thats says infractions. If you dont got one your one of many that dont have them.......... And I am one of the few that got one and I am curressed for life or so, maybe a year or so still.

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
AustinGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #31
CapnCrunch

Send a message via AIM to CapnCrunch
Couldn't you guys do something like PBN does with a choice to see "foul language" or not.

And isn't there a way to censor with rather than asterisks?
CapnCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:42 AM   #32
Tabris17
Super Moderator

I'm sure doing all that becomes a coding issue that would take too much time. But as far as seeing the bad language Andrew decided to have his site of a PG/PG-13 rating at the very very most. It's just an excersize in restraint to watch the language and it's very easy to say junk, dang, or darn in the place of vulgarity. Because once again, it becomes a coding issue that would take up too much time that would take away from other aspects of the site.
But even if PBN 'allows' it to a certain extent when you sign up I do recall seeing something that said 'if you select this feature this does not exempt you from the other restrictions of the site and you can be subject to a ban as per you language choices'. So even they can ban you for language if it gets to excessive but Andrew and the other mods like to take a pre-emptive stance to try and stop the problem before it starts.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #33
wise690
has a beard

Send a message via AIM to wise690
What is the points category for?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #34
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise690 View Post
What is the points category for?
There is an option to the Infraction system that once you get a certain amount of points against you, your posts must be verified by a Mod before they are visible. And there is the auto ban.

Both which are disabled currently.

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #35
wise690
has a beard

Send a message via AIM to wise690
Oh okay. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #36
Cocker22
Banned.

Send a message via AIM to Cocker22
kk my question is when will these infractions that people recieved "go away". i am wondering because i got one and i edited the word and the infraction was kept?
Cocker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:23 PM   #37
Lopez17
Administrator

I believe they expire after a year. Some may never expire. I wouldn't sweat it. To date, no one's been banned for having a large quantity of infractions.

Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #38
mjr_paranoid
Constantly Baffled

Foolishness

OK I can understand the need for the infraction system, but when the moderators have the ability to impose them based on personal opinion then that is just foolish.

Case in point I received my only infraction because of "upping a dead thread".

When I saw a thread I wanted to comment on, I did. I am so sorry that the moderator in question didn't like that.

This same moderator has shown mild arrogance and what I would deem as abuses of privileges.

Example:

This moderator closed a thread from a few days ago that was related to a request for a forum for Inverts and Deadly Products. He gave the uncalled for reply that the poster should get a list of 20 people who own the markers and pm it to him.
A little research into the Invert would show that many places have sold out and have presales booked through January.

Now I suppose this moderator will search through every post I have ever done and flag anything that puts his nose out of joint, but that is just fine with me.

This system may help to stop teens with more mouth than brains, bu it will also likely be an annoyance that will lead to less posts from knowledgeable people.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I am sure that I have posted foolish or angry responses in the past. I am certainly not without any kind of blame.

Last edited by mjr_paranoid : 12-28-2006 at 02:06 PM.
mjr_paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #39
Neon Lites
Ultra Legend

Send a message via ICQ to Neon Lites Send a message via AIM to Neon Lites Send a message via MSN to Neon Lites Send a message via Yahoo to Neon Lites Send a message via Skype™ to Neon Lites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr_paranoid View Post
Case in point I received my only infraction because of "upping a dead thread".

When I saw a thread I wanted to comment on, I did. I am so sorry that the moderator in question didn't like that.
Thats no reason for an infraction. Whenever a topic is brought up that has already been done, everyone just says "search!!" or something along those lines, then they get mad when you do search for the thread and bring it back up.

C'mon Pez, be reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrooper5
I once said that Uziel resembled Weird Al, he got mad

Neon Lites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #40
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Lites View Post
Thats no reason for an infraction. Whenever a topic is brought up that has already been done, everyone just says "search!!" or something along those lines, then they get mad when you do search for the thread and bring it back up.

C'mon Pez, be reasonable.
Oh...let's see. Usually if someone ups a dead thread and has something useful to say I let it pass. You'll note that the infraction he got was for upping a dead thread (that hadn't been posted to in 18 months) to post this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr_paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilly man 2
thank you, and by the way i have no p-e-n-i-s.

LOL
You'll note that the response didn't merit bringing an 18 month old thread back to life and that the post he quoted was also, in itself, questionable. It clearly warranted the infraction as it's a trend I don't want repeated (upping a dead thread to post "LOL" is spam...at best). It's also the reason why I deleted his post. I stand by both decisions.

Now, as to the other thread, I closed it because there's another thread below it covering the same issue. While the Invert Mini has sold out pre-orders is one thing. I've seen several in person (one today actually) and they're nice markers. When we get enough users in here that own and have worked on enough of them to have a good discussion about them and have personal experiences with them, we'll start up a thread (note that we don't have a separate Epiphany thread, PMR Thread or DP Fusion thread either). Until that time, there's little point in starting a forum where we're likely to get a lot of answers that start with "Well...my friend's neighbor's dad has one and ..." or "I think you should do ...xyx". I'm using 20 as an arbitrary number since that would be enough people to sustain a forum in the short term. If someone PM'd me with 15 and made a good case we could probably swing it as well...but we've tried this before with less and it caused problems.

I fail to see the argument for "mild arrogance" or "abuse of privledges" and if you dig a bit you'll see that I have a proven track record of not being vindictive to people that disagree with me. Everyone gets treated equally. Whether they like it or not.

Quote: