pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
Paintbaler28

Scenario...

I want to turn my A-5 into a scenario gun, what would be some good stuff to put on it? I'm not sure what I would play yet, in woodsball I use to play front. My friend asked me if I would want to play on his team and I've never even played scenario. (I've always played woodsball - on our land) I'm deffinetly getting a folding stock and a new barrell, but I don't know what barrell to get. What else should I get? Money is not a issue. Thanks, paintbaler28
Paintbaler28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
xxxnewjerseyxxx
Mercenary Paintball

Send a message via AIM to xxxnewjerseyxxx
If you're talking about preformance upgrades, you could get the RT, which basically turns your A-5 into a fully automatic marker, which costs about 95 dollars at shops. If you're running on CO2, i'd suggest getting HPA, but if you like your CO2, you could get the expansion chamber.

For the Mil-Sim look, a barrel shroud and camo set would look nice, along w. the folding stock.

Proud PMR Owner
"Give Blood..."
"Sling Paint"
xxxnewjerseyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
Paintbaler28

I'm looking for performance and looks. I am running co2 and I do like using co2. (no one fills compressed air were I live) Sorry if this sounds stupid, what does Rt stand for? I might get the one thing where it makes it where you pull in the trigger then let go and it shoots. (I can't think of the name of it right now) My friend said most of the guns will be semi auto instead of fully auto (electronic) Thanks, paintbaler28
Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
Paintbaler28

I was thinking of a response trigger. (when I said not sure what it is called)
Old 03-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
AKS74U

An MP5 Kit is good to get. And Rt is a response trigger..I am still deciding If I should get an MP5 Kit.
AKS74U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
GameOver

there's a mp5 kit?

That sounds cool
GameOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #7
Paintbaler28

Were do you buy the mp5 kits at? If you could put a link that would be great. Thanks, paintbaler28
Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS74U View Post
An MP5 Kit is good to get. And Rt is a response trigger..I am still deciding If I should get an MP5 Kit.
If you do, do not get the full SD kit. Get the shorty shroud, and then attach a fake suprresor such as the lapco to your barrel. The full shroud is ridiculously hard to clean, and dang near impossible to remove the barrel from if it's shroter than ten inches.

They sell them on opsgear, specialopspaintball, and EBay, for starters.

Some of the things they sell are about useless, liek the three inch cqb barrel, and some of it is kinda cheap, like the gas thru magazine, which is 90 bucks and made out of really cheap plastic, and is purely cosmetic. However, the H&K style collapsible stock is well worth its hundred dollar price tag.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."

Last edited by Evil_Wayz : 03-28-2007 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling errors that made me look retarded
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Paintbaler28

What would be a good barrell for scenario? What would look good and give me good performance? Thanks, paintbaler28
Old 03-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintbaler28 View Post
What would be a good barrell for scenario? What would look good and give me good performance? Thanks, paintbaler28
Go the the Barrels and PAINT forum, and read the ultimate sticky.

I know this is a forum, but do you plan on doing any research yourself or are you planning on having all of us spoonfeed it to you?
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Old 03-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #11
Paintbaler28

Ok, thanks. I will look.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
Paintbaler28

I looked. I know what to get performance wise. Pretty much all barrells are the same when it comes to performance. What I ment was I like the look of the flatline, would the be good? I know alot of people say they suck, Are they really that bad and should I get that or something else? Is there another barrell that looks cool and is good performance wise? Thanks, paintbaler28
Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #13
Paintbaler28

I was thinking of getting this barrell.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=Aa212fhKJlC1875A9dd1cfLsPjuh0SEASeU=?Pro ductID=1WnAqArb20AAAAEF5BA4f%2enU

Has any one ever shot it or seen it been shot? Is it very accurate? Thanks, paintbaler28
Old 03-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #14
xxxnewjerseyxxx
Mercenary Paintball

Send a message via AIM to xxxnewjerseyxxx
Flatlines, if i am not mistaken, increase range magnificently, but are a pain to clean and are not as accurate as they are hyped up to be. you could get a regular aftermarket barrel and put on what is call a barrel shroud, which gives your gun not only a more mil-sim look, but you'll most likely have a different shroud than the tippmann-owner sitting next to you. these could be found on special ops' website.

and a word of advice, not to be a total d*** or anything, but don't end your posts with "thanks, paintbaler28". it's kind of annoying to us, and i'd rather you hear it from me than someone who would say something nasty and get threatend with the ban stick.

Proud PMR Owner
"Give Blood..."
"Sling Paint"
xxxnewjerseyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #15
Head Hunter 221
Likes Potatoes.

Send a message via AIM to Head Hunter 221
95 bucks for RT, unless you are really getting ripped off you can get them for 50-70 bucks

spydyrodeo:"
(10:08:53 PM): my butts sore"
Head Hunter 221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I know this is a forum, but do you plan on doing any research yourself or are you planning on having all of us spoonfeed it to you?
This is worthy of being sigged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxnewjerseyxxx
and a word of advice, not to be a total d*** or anything, but don't end your posts with "thanks, paintbaler28". it's kind of annoying to us, and i'd rather you hear it from me than someone who would say something nasty and get threatend with the ban stick.
You seem to be the only one that voiced any problem with it. I know of a few scenario players that do this.
Recreational Paintball Player with a Professional Attitude POG#854

Quote:
Originally Posted by llSmithll
i live in missouri....our dog sled teams are not that competitive....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #17
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
This is worthy of being sigged.
*best Eric Cartman impression voice* Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 03-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #18
Paintbaler28

What about that barrell?