pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 04-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #261
Wafflez
.:Wafflez:.

I have the same question, is the halo easy to open or not? I might play back in a rookie team my friends and I are starting so I NEED to be able to load pods FAST.
Wafflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #262
poopman9201

The Z Board can feed at about 14 or 15, not 19
poopman9201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #263
Uziel Gal
Legend

Depends whether you are referring to peak or consistent, whether you are referring to short bursts, long bursts or continuous, as well as a few other things. Loader feed rates are very variable.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #264
vtpaintballer
Banned

halo b ftw
vtpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #265
Snack Bar
S.O.A.

i don't know i honestly don't like the evo. i'm one of the people who dislikes the shape and the feedoor. i should say right now that i do not in fact own one but just watching tournaments (i just finished watching Heroes for a Day) it seems like every time a player starts his move of the break the door opens and he looses half his paint on his slide. Moreover, i don't like the shape and the location of the feedneck because it creates an offweighted center of gravity so unless you have the feedneck clamped down really tight odds are you'll still end up with it turning around on you after a fast slide.
as i said, this is just from what i've seen, not from personal experience so if someone has evidence against this feel free to correct me (you would do it even if i asked not too ).
(still reading?)
-warrior feedneck -CP rake trigger -CP drop forward -CP shorty reg -Freak Jr. -Virtue QEV -Virtue laser eyes (blue) -NDZ Skeleton Bolt

and a black Halo B w/ rip drive.
Snack Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #266
invisible man
gun for hire

Yeah, i have used both, from the two the halo b has really stood out in everything. But i have a quick question.

I hear people saying that halos put a little pressure on the balls even when they are not fireing. Well, how come when i put my finger up the feedneck to see if the eyes work, the blades dont move at all? Sure, i know that this is a really stupid question but i want to settle this once and for all. When i do a drop test on my halo, and put my hand under the feedneck to stop the balls how come when i open the lid i dont see anything happening that the egg 2 doesnt do. Is there a way you can tell? I know this is stupid but i have been wondering this for a long time. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #267
Apache Baller
You already know.

Send a message via AIM to Apache Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible man View Post
Yeah, i have used both, from the two the halo b has really stood out in everything. But i have a quick question.

I hear people saying that halos put a little pressure on the balls even when they are not fireing. Well, how come when i put my finger up the feedneck to see if the eyes work, the blades dont move at all? Sure, i know that this is a really stupid question but i want to settle this once and for all. When i do a drop test on my halo, and put my hand under the feedneck to stop the balls how come when i open the lid i dont see anything happening that the egg 2 doesnt do. Is there a way you can tell? I know this is stupid but i have been wondering this for a long time. Thanks.
The halo motor winds the spring under the drive cone to have continous pressure on the ball stack
Apache Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #268
Uziel Gal
Legend

Exactly.

Put your hand in to the loader, and turn the drive cone anti-clockwise. You can turn it anti-clockwise almost a complete turn, and you should feel that there is tension building on the drive cone the further you wind it.

Let go the cone, and you will see that it quickly unwinds - this would be enough to push balls in to your marker, even if the motor weren't spinning. This means that the HALO B responds instantly to your marker firing, even before the electronics have reacted and started the motor turning.

Unlike the Evlution, the motor doesn't drive the impeller (or drive cone) directly, but instead winds the spring, and then the spring turns the drive cone.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #269
invisible man
gun for hire

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #270
l1ryan1l

Send a message via AIM to l1ryan1l
every person i know that owns a halo b owns more than 2 and one is atleast in a coma, and every person i kno that has an eggy only has 1 that always seems to work unless it's out of batteries..
F7 FUSION+ GUN CASE F/S $155 SHIPPED!!!
http://pbreview.com/forums/showthrea...94#post4244194
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #271
Uziel Gal
Legend

Well, it's true that I own several HALO B style loaders (for testing purposes - each has a different board in it), but each one is fully functional.

On the other hand, my two Evlutions, while both themselves fully functional, are slowly falling apart. Most notably, I have stress cracks where the shells clamp around the feed neck, cracks in the lid pivot, and stress cracks where the lid spring connects to the lid - yes the spring for the lid is breaking the lid..... I'm sure that there are also any number of people here who will vouch for the fact that the battery cover is weak and either breaks off altogether, or wears out the rails it locks up with and so no longer closes.

At the end of the day, neither loader is indestructable.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 09-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #272
rr51893

me and my cousin where out playing when my hopper broke, and he decided he didnt like his gravity hopper anymore, i bought a halo b he bought an evolution 3 we switched for a few games and i wanted my halo back it way outprefored the evo hopoe this helps
rr51893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #273
young-gun

ive only used the halo v35 but it can run on a 9v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflez View Post
I have the same question, is the halo easy to open or not? I might play back in a rookie team my friends and I are starting so I NEED to be able to load pods FAST.
my halo the V35 has magnatic locks so its easyer to open then a lock lid

-Spyder pilot 08
-Halo V35 hopper
-12oz C02 tank

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 07-18-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Double post.
young-gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:37 AM   #274
Uziel Gal
Legend

It is possible to attach a single 9 volt to the HALO's battery connector, but battery life will be minimal and the loader will underperform. I've seen low quality 9 volts not even turn the drive cone - then again, the same can be true for very poor quality AA batteries in the 6AA pack.

If you want to use 9 volt batteries in a HALO, you need to wire two batteries in parallel, but even then you'll have less power and capacity than you would with six quality AA batteries.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend: