pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 09-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #141
trigiani

Send a message via MSN to trigiani
Staying undetected is always a good idea. In speedball, a lot of the time, anything sticking out is likely to get hit. In woodsball, however, I usually find it better to just stay absolutely motionless, even if I'm exposed, then make a sudden movement to pop under cover.

Warning: boring story
One certain time comes to mind- One man came to a stop at the top of a hill, searching for me. I was hidden behind a rock, with my head slightly poking out. He stared what seemed like right at me for a good minute. I was scared he saw me, but I didn't want to risk the 150 + foot shot.
He came even closer, so I tucked in a bit when I got the chance. When he stopped looking at me, and moved a bit, I got a clear shot and hit him right away.
trigiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #142
Evil_Eye

If some one doesnt know where u are, wait for them to get really close, then pop up and shoot the "$% out of them.

Gave my friend the shock of his life lol.
Evil_Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #143
Lastman
The CCI Guy

Like what many people said in this thread, use the enviroment to your advantage. Many people don't realize it, but the reason that people like woods ball is because its is not predictable. Speedball is flat, has bunkers, and no cover. There is no advantages except for ROF and speed on the field. Woodsball is much different. There are so many different factors in the game, not just speed and your "gat". The factor I will focus on is enviroment. I cannot emphaize this enough. I am still a new player and I have figured out the basics to using the enviroment to my advantage. It is really simple. If you know the field, think of various points that are unique to the field. For example a cliffs, they can be excellant for pincers and pushing people back. Hills are excellant fighting postions, they can really do damage to the otherside, escaiplly if your overlooking them and have a clear view. Look for chokepoints. For example rivers, here a few guys can hold off a army if they know what they are doing. The enviroment has been key to many battles in real life, like the germans in russia, where the winter weared them down. I have 2 stories of my own to present.

I was playing at the local field, its pretty big for us and I enjoy it. The game was as follows, one side(enemy) had to place a bomb in the building ocuppied by the other side(me). The objective must be complete in 15 minutes. Ok this is a prime example of using a chokepoint to your advantage. The building we were defending is a minifort, with a few bunkers. About 40 yards or so away was the river, a boundary for the defending force. I played this senario before and I already knew that fighting in a building, or anywhere close, is not good.(Always think with timed senarios how you can slow or speed up the advance). The thing that would kill me and most of the team would to stay in the fort and the close bunkers. I want to hold off the enemy for as long as possible. I begin to wonder how to do this. Then I notice about 6 guys(there were about 20 on the other side) who are walking towards the minifort. I am in the open I and I charge for the closest cover, a bunker next to the river. I did the most intelligent move without thinking it. The river (more like stream) is wide enough to slow the enemy down, and I was close enough to pop up and kill them, even with my rental. I had support from my team so they couldn't move forward. If you cannot kill the enemy, delay him, so thats what I did for more then 15 minutes. I even got a couple of them out. The defense on the other side held and we won the game.

The key to timed games (if you defending) is to slow down the advance, what I did above was a excellant example.

Another example of using the enviroment to your advantage is this. I was at another field, with a small woodsball field, which a hill dominated. All the fight was situated around or on it. Heres the rules to this game, constant reinsertion till you run out of paint (last game of the day). After doing a good job at one position before being shot, I went to another side of the hill. 2 other guys and I cleared some resistance on the top of the hill, charged to the top and hit the motherload. We were overlooking the insertion point for the other team. There were guys talking, almost obilivous to our presence (stealth can be so fun). Now I must admit, ROF has advantages, and one of the guys had a nice Ion and we started to hit them hard. The result was that I got about 4 guys out, needed to run back for paint because I was doing so well. They did too, and we had to recapture the hill, taking out scant opposition. They didn't realize their mistake from lasttime. Again they were talking and we were overheard. We really hit them this time and many of them got out. This really affected their ability to focus elsewhere. Techniquly there's no winners or losers in this game, but we really did them in, I wanted to know the kill ratio.

This is a excellant of force multiplication and how to use hills and high vantage points. They can be really helpful and if you guy undected, you should be able to cause hell.

Join Spec Ops! Go here http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/index.asp
refere to recruiter#99710, and be a pal.

Spread Paintball!
http://www.petitiononline.com/pb123/petition-sign.html
Make a difference.
Lastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #144
str8balla
Banned

I usually have 2 other friends with me and this is or tactic 1 runs 2 cover its the best way to get arround.
str8balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #145
Paint4Jesus

THEE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IN ANY PAINTBALL GUN: Intimidation, baby! Most people are too busy crapping their pants to charge and shoot, but remember, most people on the other team are crapping their pants too. so use intimidation.
Paint4Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #146
eroc1911
Gun-nut

-Keep large groups
-stick to the outer most boundaries of the field, then you can only be flanked from one side. When I tried this first out entire team took the far right flank, the enemy walked right into us, and we got every one of them, Ironically i was the only one on my team who was killed (only after I KIA three of them).
eroc1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #147
calaustria
Dominus vester sum

Heres a few I like to use:
1. As soon as the whistle blows, run up as close as you can to the enemy base, and hide behind some trees. That way, they're pinned and can't move any farther back or they'll be outside of the boundry. Some people like to spread out in a line or in hiding spots next to thier base. Not a good idea if the out-of-bounds is 15ft behind the base. We tried sticking everyone in the base, and got slaughtered. If the enemy is coming to you, and you try to run back, your screwed.
2. As people have said, bring a buddy. Even the "snipers". My friend and I were Both hiding behind this dead tree that fell down. Right next to each other. One guy came after us after we tried to surprise him and missed. I fell back to a tree, and my friend to another log. He was pinned so i gave him some cover and got shot, but he took the guy out. Teamwork works better than being the lone ranger.
3. Again, as people have said, the least comfortable route is the least gaurded. There was about 200ft of thornbushes and we crawled through that to their base while the rest of the team charged straight ahead. They were distracted and we ended up about 10 ft behind them. We just sprayed the hell out of em all.
Half of PBR doesn't know the difference between a male and female anything...
"Epic Lulz"
calaustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #148
slingshot66

I like to use Wireless cameras. I lay in a hole or any place I cant be seen.

I have 2 wireless cameras and 2 mini monitors. When I see you on my screen your dead.

Works great most of the time.

Cover the path to your flag with 2 other team mates. Every one lays low. when I give the signal on the radio everyone fires.

Its not cheating. My Army just has a bigger buget.
slingshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #149
L BLOODY
Banned

There are various approaches to take when being hunted by a team, however the most important strategy FTW is to cover more ground than the hunters, manipulate their expectations and to do what they think is terrible and unfair. Onlytake a shot if you're within 20-30 feet. Once they get stung like that a couple times the game gets better as long as they don't cry about it and leave.
L BLOODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #150
sand_man
I'm thinking Arby's

Don't have time to go through all of this, but I have something to contribute. Now, only try this if you know your team, and you can trust them. Ok, try a feigned retreat. Things are becoming static, so you tell your team to fall back. You do so, get behind some cover, the other team is psyched and starts to advance. Rally round one person and light em up normandy style.

.Future Pump Nub.
sand_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #151
pandemic44
Team Civilian

I think that one thing that people may under estimate is good communication while playing. Like during woods ball have radios can change the whole game. Being able to effectivly communicate with other players you can direct attacks, find out where the enemy is, get reinforcements. It is also the same in speedball which everyone already knows.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #152
paintballa412
computer owner

Send a message via AIM to paintballa412
Have like 3/4 of your team go into straight out combat with the other side, while the rest flank the enemy and attack from the rear. Or, you could take a couple of guys and ambush individual enemy units. They both create the same effect when done correctly.
paintballa412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #153
eddyydde
MR1 FTW!

Send a message via AIM to eddyydde
well i think that woodsball is as said a teamwork oriented type. i usually advance with one or two friends so we can cover each other and advance as a unit
12 inch Mongoose 2 stock barrel
12 inch MR1 stock barrel
Tac. Performance hopper
3000/72ci Pure Energy HPA/N2
Spyder '06 Imagine Refurb
All the above barrels
Viewloader 12 volt maxx w/ x-board
eddyydde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #154
NickkciN
MR1 FTW!

Send a message via AIM to NickkciN
Amen
12 inch TES stock barrel and MR1 stock barrel
Tac. Performance hopper
3000/72ci Pure Energy HPA/N2
Half-Backed Spyder Imagine '06
Removed Venturi
above barrels
Viewloader 12v Maxx w/ X-board
NickkciN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #155
Armegadon
"I PREDICT PAIN!!" Mr. T

Send a message via MSN to Armegadon Send a message via Yahoo to Armegadon
what you do is put two ppl at your own fort, one person a close bit away but behind something so when the enemy comes close they get sniped and the rest flank. there's a;ways gonna be ppl who are gonna stay at the enemy fort so make sure you get to them first. then you come back around and clear the whole field.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #156
Shadow Nugz
Hardline

My only advise is this: if you go to a particular field often, ask to go out

when no one is playing and bring along a piece of paper, pencil, and

something hard to write on. Go out and roughly map out the area. Next time

you can laminate that map and during games fold it and stuff it in your

pockets to be able to reer to it quickly.
-Caboose from Red vs. Blue

Future WGP Trilogy Tactical Owner
Shadow Nugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #157
tippmannkilla22
xtrasuperfingas

Send a message via AIM to tippmannkilla22 Send a message via Yahoo to tippmannkilla22
tape a scope of some kind with good tape to your marker(like one you use for a pellet gun). Not for aiming, but for scoping out the enemies
tippmannkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #158
Foofighterr

In a balanced woodsball game I would say the best thing to try and accomplish is try and be the fastest guy out there off the start. If you can get a big push at the start of the match your team will follow your lead and ultimately push the other team back until you win.
-Opsgear Remote
-Opsgear Tank Case
-JT Flex 8 Full Coverage Mask - Camo
Foofighterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:27 PM   #159
pbplayer55

Instead of trying to be all stealthy using lone wolf tactics that wont benifit the team divide your team into groups of 2-3 and generally 2-6 people per group, depending on how many people are playing. for instance make a attacker group, a group of guys who are good runners and used to fighting in close quarters, aka front players, a support group, a bunch of guys who like to waste lots of paint on targets, back players for instance. have the attacker group advance in front with the support group following behind when the attacker goup is engaged in combat move your support in and have em pump out all the fire they got on enemy postitions, keeping there heads down and them fixed in there postition, wile this is happening your attacker team should be flanking, wiping out the other teams players. try it works great for me.EDIT almost forgot if your playing a woods game with low visibility u might want to make a 3rd group a recon team whos sole purpose is to detect enemy postitions so your attacker team doasnt get ripped to shreads in a ambush/ obviosly you would use players who like being stealthy and this group would be 2 players max

Last edited by pbplayer55 : 05-25-2007 at 06:38 PM.
pbplayer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #160
paintballa412
computer owner

Send a message via AIM to paintballa412
What I like to do is divide the team up so half the team is assaulting the front, 1/4 attacking the right or left, and the last 1/4 hooking around the back on the other side. Unfortunately this usually doesn't work in large scenario games.
paintballa412 is offline   Reply With Quote