pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > CCI

Old 05-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #61
fuzzyllama
1 Ball. 1 Shot. 1 Out.

Psycho, im a lil confused on the #15 part about lubing (me asking questions, imagine that )

So you wipe down your internals, put em back, put 3-4 drops of oil on punc. pin, screw on 12 gram, take off barrel, and fire a few times.

-Do you wipe the internals COMPLETELY dry (i accidently did that and now my pump stroke is rough and i feel alotta resistance on the bolt with the body)
-Do you put any oil on the internal's directly or only via asa? As stated, mine is kinda rough, and i feel i should lube the actual internals, and not just the asa. or is the asa enough?
-And how do you know if you over lubed? i read on a review some guy overlubed his internals, causing sludge which made his velocity fluctuate alot. As long as i apply a thin film (or only using a few drops, whichever you are supposed to do) i should be ok, right?
-and am i in trouble because i havnt lubed my gun once and its getting kinda rough and performance is slightly deteriorating? Or will lubing the parts up fix the accuracy/roughness of bolt and pump and any other problems?

Lets see how long it takes the guru to answer these q's Thanks in advance, and lol i think im the only person on these boards that can find ways to create problems with a phantom

September 23 2007...The Day I was 1st quoted...by PW

I am interested in an Autococker. If you have one in good condition that you would like to give/sell cheap for me, lmk
fuzzyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #62
Davinci@Wevo

Send a message via AIM to Davinci@Wevo Send a message via MSN to Davinci@Wevo
Psycho,
A few updates.

#3 CCM Carbon fiber barrels discontinued

#4 Wevo stocks 13ci, 22ci, and 3.5oz tanks

#6 Wevo stocks CCI Ghost rings (in most common colors)

#8 Wevo Stocks Ronin Suspender, Elite, and wrist harnesses, Also PBMafia Joyride, 5/50, Belts, and wrist harness (capless and standard)

#12 See #4

Just wanted to keep the new masses updated
Davinci@wevopaintball.com for questions and quotes
Davinci@Wevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #63
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

Davinci, thanks for the updates. I had no idea that the CCM kit was discontinued...bummer. I'm updating the FAQs now.

Fuzz.
The resistance and roughness doesn't sound good. Take your Phantom apart and check for any burrs or imperfections on the internals and body.

If there are none, wipe the internals clean, and put a drop of regular paintball oil, and rub it around on the part with your fingers, do that for every part.

Once you have done that, put the internals back in, and re-assemble the marker. Pump the marker a few times, without air, to kind of spread the oil. After you have done this, put a few drops of the same oil on the puncture pin/ASA and attach your airsource. Then remove the barrel and fire the marker a few times.

If that does not fix your problem, post here or drop me a PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #64
fuzzyllama
1 Ball. 1 Shot. 1 Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_warden View Post
Davinci, thanks for the updates. I had no idea that the CCM kit was discontinued...bummer. I'm updating the FAQs now.

Fuzz.
The resistance and roughness doesn't sound good. Take your Phantom apart and check for any burrs or imperfections on the internals and body.

If there are none, wipe the internals clean, and put a drop of regular paintball oil, and rub it around on the part with your fingers, do that for every part.

Once you have done that, put the internals back in, and re-assemble the marker. Pump the marker a few times, without air, to kind of spread the oil. After you have done this, put a few drops of the same oil on the puncture pin/ASA and attach your airsource. Then remove the barrel and fire the marker a few times.

If that does not fix your problem, post here or drop me a PM.
Aiite thanks abunch bro. Ill try this as soon as i get oil, which will be a few days. I'll let you know how it goes then (it is in the mail right now, i just ordered it, along with my sweet black and blue grillz and dual redz swabs). So i guess one drop on each part of the internals, as in 1 drop on bolt, 1 drop on the spring, and 1 drop on the hammer/sear or whatever it is called? And will i need to lube the long tube that is on the back half of the body, (where the 3 internals go on to, and i am pretty sure that is where the propulsion for the paintball comes from with the gas) on the outside and inside of it, or will the drops on the asa (how many? 3-4?) do the trick for lubing that part?

thanks abunch psycho, you are always a big help

September 23 2007...The Day I was 1st quoted...by PW

I am interested in an Autococker. If you have one in good condition that you would like to give/sell cheap for me, lmk
fuzzyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #65
Nuclee369
Rock N' Cock

Send a message via AIM to Nuclee369
well, not to plagerize, but to sum up... this is straight off the official site... written by the man him self mike cassidy

What is The Phantom Paintball Gun?
The Phantom is a .68 caliber, pump action CO2 powered gun designed to fire paintballs at 200 to 300 fps (feet per second) as accurately as possible to mark the aiming point with the splat of a paintball.
How does it operate?
The Phantom cocks and loads a paintball when the pump is pulled fully back and returned to its full forward position. Squeezing the trigger releases the hammer striking the power tube allowing a blast of CO2 to fire a paintball. The design of the trigger firing mechanism allows a rapid fire capability. With constant pull on the trigger, the gun fires with each pump action.
Is it easy to service?
The Phantom disassembles with the removal of the front and rear thumb screws. The internal components are designed to be easily cleaned.
What are the special features?
The Phantom has an internal velocity adjuster that is accessed down the barrel with furnished adjuster rod. The hammer and bolt assembly has a built in anti-kink to reduce friction when in a cocked configuration. The pump arm is captured in the frame to eliminate openings in the gun body to help prevent dirt and debris from getting into the mechanism. The bolt has "tuned port compensation" that redirects the blast of air evenly on the paintball which reduces distortion of the paintball which reduces breakage in the bore and improves the overall accuracy. The barrel is roller burnished and muzzle ported with channels and holes to reduce pop of the paintball and envelop the ball in a pocket of air.
What type of configuration?
The Phantom can be configured as a stock class, horizontal feed with 12 gram CO2 or gravity feed bulk loader with bulk CO2 bottle. The 12 gram changer or bulk CO2 bottle may be mounted directly from the rear of the gun, from the bottom of the grip or off the trigger frame in a vertical position. The grip can be the base M-16 type or 45 style type with Hogue wraparound grips. There are 3 barrel lengths 8", 11", 14"
Nuclee369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:43 PM   #66
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

As was just pointed out to me a couple months back, Mike's last name is spelled Casaday

You know, I never even thought about taking a look on the Phantom home page...
Old 07-07-2007, 04:16 AM   #67
Omniscient
/c/ has fallen

Hey Phsyco. I made a vid a couple days ago to show a member how to lock the TPC down using the nylon screw. So if you'd like it in the faq you can go nuts with it. here's the youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQP5KTpMTZE

There's just always a couple people who have to see someone do it rather than read about it step by step. And i hope i didn't do it it wrong lol.

-Peace
kwalski says:
we could burn the corneas of the terrorists with the contents of Eff's harddrive....
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:33 AM   #68
senghing27
My Spoon is Too Big

Send a message via AIM to senghing27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Hey Phsyco. I made a vid a couple days ago to show a member how to lock the TPC down using the nylon screw. So if you'd like it in the faq you can go nuts with it. here's the youtube link:

There's just always a couple people who have to see someone do it rather than read about it step by step. And i hope i didn't do it it wrong lol.

-Peace
"Mike is freaking amazing guy"

So true
CCI:OT
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #69
Milky Spore

Send a message via AIM to Milky Spore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post

-Peace
Haha, thanks for making that Omni.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #70
Jason R
Mr.New Dad

Send a message via AIM to Jason R Send a message via Yahoo to Jason R
i see talk about the trigger shoes.but where can i get them?
Army Parajumper harness
Holster

My PBR Feedback(+1/-0)
Jason R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #71
bronze
phantom #35345

e-mail wevo. not sure how u install them. i got my trigger shoe installed when i bought mine.
bronze says (02:28):
lol long story, woman put me through hell and i didnt even have a physical relationship with her
Lopez17 says to (02:29):
You should have a one sided physical relationship with her. Also known as the backhand.

Me "it was Proffesor plumb, in hte Library with the lead pipe!"

COENEN: "It was Todd Rogers in the study with the ban hammer"
bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #72
senghing27
My Spoon is Too Big

Send a message via AIM to senghing27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R View Post
i see talk about the trigger shoes.but where can i get them?
wevo paintball
White wolf airsmithing
CCI directly
Any type of the old autococker trigger shoes work as well.

To install a trigger shoe, all you have to do is place it onto the trigger and tighten the set screw.
CCI:OT
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #73
SpY I Maverick
I like shooting peoples

So I know some people already asked, but I want to hear more peoples opinons on stocks.
Perferably the T-Stock
SpY I Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #74
squalledout338

i cant play without a tstock. i've tried an Lstock and the feel good too. i've seen people that couldn't hit anything with my phantom b4 until i took off the stock though... its all preference
Note to self: Don't say asian without apologizing to seng.
squalledout338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #75
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

I can play either way, but I prefer to play with a stock. I use a T-stock on both my Phantom and my Grey Ghost.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #76
SpY I Maverick
I like shooting peoples

When I get more money i will order one but for now i will have to go with out
SpY I Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #77
War Lou1
Nantucket Stinks!

Look for stocks on ebay. I just got a t stock for $35. It has a urban acid anno and it works great only cheaper than buying new.
(")_(")

Mis-match Bunny
War Lou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:51 AM   #78
Jackrat

I'm thinking about getting a stiffi for my phantom since they have them at Wevopaintball now. Should I? Or is the stock barrel good enough?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #79
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

Honestly, the stock barrel is good enough. Unless you are looking for the absolute lightest possible setup, then the Stiffi wouldn't quite be worth the money.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #80
kokoklownanr
kokoklownanr

pool ball grips

attention phantom owners my dad came across a box of pool balls and we are considering drilling them to make pump handles. if you are interested please email back at kokoklown@gmail.com if not enough people show interest we will not offer them, and of course 8 balls are always sold at a premium, please email to kokoklown@gmail.com and enter the ball type or color and price you are willing to pay 8 ball highest offer will be taken on 8 ball
kokoklownanr is offline   Reply With Quote