pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 01-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #101
^_^
str8kila

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Is there such a beast as a hopper that only holds a few balls so you don't have this massive contraption on top of the unit? ever see an mp5 on stargate (top load magazine) something like that that will hold say 20 balls ? I don't mind reloading often :-) I am a total newb and have not even gone to a field yet but I do know that MY kind of paintball will be the long thought out big field strategy type stuff (I like thinking) so being able to fire off 100 balls won't be as critical to me and I can just stick one on if I need to fire 100+ balls :-)

does such a thing even exist ?

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
The gun on stargate you speak of is not a MP5 it is a P90... P90s are cool

-
2k5 Alias Intimidator-

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly
^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #102
nerys

ahhh thats right. dolt. either way there cool and that type of magazine would be usable on a paintball gun ?
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #103
<IONFREAK>
Team Hot Shots

sheridan (sp?) paintball guns has magizines. can't be used on any other guns though.
Uped ION w/ spraypainted red body
Other:
Empire Fuel 45/45 LP
Halo B w/ rip drive
Smoke Hybrid Shell
<IONFREAK> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #104
Uziel Gal
Legend

Some of the semi auto pistols use sprung magazines over the barrel (Sheridan pistols such as the PGP just have a tube over the barrel, it doesn't have a spring or any other feed mechanism), so somewhat like a true magazine.

The RAP pistols and the Tiberius both use magazines that insert in to the grip frame, just like with a real automatic pistol.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #105
<IONFREAK>
Team Hot Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
it doesn't have a spring or any other feed mechanism, so somewhat like a true magazine.

True magizines do have springs in them though.
Uped ION w/ spraypainted red body
Other:
Empire Fuel 45/45 LP
Halo B w/ rip drive
Smoke Hybrid Shell
<IONFREAK> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 PM   #106
Uziel Gal
Legend

Erm, you've removed the brackets around the part about the Sheridan magazine, changing the meaning of what I said. Way to misquote me.
I used the brackets to separate the Sheridan magazine, specifically because it has no spring and therefore is not like a true magazine, from the ones that I mentioned at the beginning of the sentence (not in the brackets), which have a spring and so are somewhat like a true magazine.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #107
indianajones6
Jedi

yea a hundred BPS...yea thats possible
Quote:
Valid point....Mr.Llama
-killertip212

indianajones6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #108
the_binary_soul
Innocent Bystander

Send a message via AIM to the_binary_soul Send a message via MSN to the_binary_soul Send a message via Yahoo to the_binary_soul
Its probably worth noting (if it hasn't been already) that the z-board for the egg is no longer upgrade-only as the guide says since the Egg 3 comes with it installed.
12" Freak kit
PE 68/4500
the_binary_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #109
Deadmeat99

the raceway on the egg 3 is slightly different as well there is a raised ridge to help the balls feed correctly i suppose, also I had a slight problem with the battery door there is a screw holding on a secondary piece of plastic that ripped the bottom almost off one of my batteries, i didnt notice this till i changed the batteries. Recently my battery cover broke again so the new one as raised portions in in instead of this secondary plastic-screw piece. The raceway is also slightly smaller my egg2 fits snug on my cocker the egg3 moves side to side and prolly would not stay on during rigorus play
Deadmeat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #110
rackmyballs

tell me about the apache
rackmyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #111
Uziel Gal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackmyballs View Post
tell me about the apache
Ricochet state that the loader takes 190 balls - probably a good number to avoid jamming. However, I can get 200 Reballs in one and still have it feed smoothly enough.

It takes two 9 volt batteries.

It weighs 347 grams empty, 438 grams with two batteries installed.

It features a catch cup to sort the balls in to order before the impeller sweeps them over the feed neck.

Older (2004) models feature the original Ricochet "weed whacker line" impeller. In 2005, the Apache was upgraded with a new drive train and a one-piece molded impeller.

Prototypes had a drop test feed rate of 18bps. Ricochet then worked to achieve an extra 2bps (hence the packaging stating 20bps), but ran in to reliability problem. This lead to the early production versions having the feed rate dropped down to 16bps to increase reliability. The upgrades released in 2005 brought the feed rate back up to 18bps while remaining reliable.

The LCD version features a game timer and audio timer warnings. The loader switches off after 20 minutes of inactivity.

The loader uses a number of different diameter o-rings to adjust the width of the feed neck to fit your marker.

It uses a bend sensor in the feedneck to activate the impeller - every time a ball passes the bend sensor, signalling that a ball has been fired and another one fed to tha marker, the impeller spins to replace the ball that has been fed.

Anything else you would like to know?

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 03-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #112
rackmyballs

Anything else you would like to know?[/quote]

i got an angel 04 speed and need to know if the apache will be able to keep up with it in pure semi auto. also what are some pros and cons of both the apache and halo B, i have the halo but am thinking of downgrading to the apache if its good enough.
rackmyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #113
Uziel Gal
Legend

Whether the Apache is suitable for your Speed or not will depend very much on how fast you can shoot. Honestly, I would feel more comfortable with the HALO B than with the Apache.

Pro and cons?

The Apache is lighter, holds more paint*, has the deflective design, the "adjustable" feed neck, takes two 9 volts, feeds faster than a normal agitated loader, one way ball feed, company provides good service.

On the down side, it won't deflect *every* ball (you'd be surprised how many people complain about that), o-rings on the neck break quite easily, the batteries have a short life, slower than a force fed loader, places no pressure on the ball stack,*the lid is placed at an angle that makes it hard to completely fill the loader in a hurry.

HALO B is faster, places pressure on the ball stack, has good battery life, lots of upgrades available, can be bought with upgraded board and/or a Rip Drive out of the box. It's pretty quiet.

Downsides are that it is big and heavy, takes 6AA batteries, feed neck may need sanding to fit, HALO's have been known to cause double feeding with weak detents, and have been known to cause problems with COPS/Sensi. Some people find it fiddly to take apart and put back together. With several changes in who owns the company, it sometimes hard to get in touch with who you need to to get service.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 05-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #114
Hawkeye1050
Young Gun Paintballer

Send a message via AIM to Hawkeye1050
Now, I'll give you my brief story, even though I got a Vlocity, it will still be similar to other force feeds.

I had an Apache, with the 2005 ups, but on semi, I was able to cap it. I would hit around 13 bps consistantly, and hit higher spikes. However, I couldn't go that much higher, maybe to 14 due to the hopper. Also, my Apache blended paint terribly, but anyway, I got a Vlocity. It is so much more consistant, able to feed 15 consistantly, but I haven't tried it faster yet. I use it with no tension most of the time, but it hardly ever skips on semi. When I use it with minimal tension, I could not get it to skip on semi. I used 15 bps ramping as a test too, and it shot perfect, I think there was only 1 minor skip. In conclusion, if you shoot around 13 bps, I would recommend a force feed hopper.
I used the honey from the bear container and mixed it with water to make it slick. Is that bad?
Blue Invert Mini
Black/Blue Smart Parts Ion
Vlocity, PE 68/4500
Hawkeye1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #115
DashizSg

Go with a pulse faster then nething out there
DashizSg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #116
texas_svt

hopper help

ok before you burn me i did read through most of this thread. i am new to paintball, only three months into it but i have a question and would love to hear some feedback. i have a piranha evo semi-auto only and when playing i find myself shaking the gun/hopper to get balls to feed, i only have a gravity feeder. would the HALO TSA electric backman LCD be a decent or worth while upgrade? if not please any advice welcome. thanks for the help/info. chris
texas_svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #117
Dueydog
Give your Halo The BONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_svt View Post
ok before you burn me i did read through most of this thread. i am new to paintball, only three months into it but i have a question and would love to hear some feedback. i have a piranha evo semi-auto only and when playing i find myself shaking the gun/hopper to get balls to feed, i only have a gravity feeder. would the HALO TSA electric backman LCD be a decent or worth while upgrade? if not please any advice welcome. thanks for the help/info. chris
Rather than waste your money on a cheap electric loader, just buy a $100 Ripped Halo or Vlocity Jr and never worry about it again.

Good luck,
Matt

Gear & Parts
300+ Feedbacks--> PBN - AO - PBR - eBay
Dueydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #118
Uziel Gal
Legend

If that's too rich for your blood though, any sensor equipped, powered loader would be a step up from a pure gravity loader.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 06-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #119
texas_svt

hopper

thanks for the quick feed back, money is not the big issue but rather my gun can only fire so many bps and was just wondering if its worth it to spend the extra on a ripped halo etc... over the halo tsa backman. sound activation is a big part of the puzzle for me cause of where i play has some buildings and i don't want everyone inside knowing i'm there. chris
texas_svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #120
Uziel Gal
Legend

I'm assuming you mean that you don't want the loader agitating constantly? In that case, it isn't just sound activated loaders that would meet that need. Any loader with a sensor system should only activate when required.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend: