pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 06-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #21
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballrocks View Post
Georgia is gonna come out and stomp some tail this year boy! The gators are gonna be hurtin. I wanna go to the florida/georgia game so bad.
I doubt it. I'm pretty excited about the UGA/UT game though.

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #22
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Send a message via AIM to BigTarget04 Send a message via Yahoo to BigTarget04
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzaroff16 View Post
LSU is returning alot this year. Jamarcus Russell is gone but Periloux is supposedly better. And they have Flynn at QB too.
Periloux is suspended from the team currently for some legal issues, and besides he is the back up to matt flynn this year (and all one has to do is watch his performance in the peach bowl against miami to see how good he is). And the whole sec needs to thank pete carrol for getting joe mcknight and keeping him from going to lsu. Besides the fact that pre-season rankings have lsu #2 in the nation, I think it will be the bayou bengals against the gators or vols in the championship game. It just weirds me out that our first home game is against VT i.e. I'll feel rather bad chanting tiger bait and screaming profanities at their fans. And saban better thank his lucky stars that the ncaa cant prove for sure that he broke recruiting rules, which would have landed them right back on probation. Not to mention his track record isn't great for his first year with teams. Its not bad its just not conference championship good.

(I cant find any solid evidence for the ranking but I did hear it on the radio a few days ago and it has been confirmed by others when I've brought it up during conversation)

Last edited by BigTarget04 : 06-17-2007 at 07:59 PM.
BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #23
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

preseason rankings mean nothing. two years ago Tennessee was preseason number 3, and went 5-6

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #24
Paintballrocks

Send a message via AIM to Paintballrocks Send a message via MSN to Paintballrocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post
preseason rankings mean nothing. two years ago Tennessee was preseason number 3, and went 5-6
Im not sure, but I know just around. Georgia was supposed to be pretty solid last year, and not until the end did they start turning up. I think(hope) this year will be better.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #25
pantzaroff16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post
Nobody ever really expects Tennessee to compete though.
pantzaroff16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #26
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTarget04 View Post
Periloux is suspended from the team currently for some legal issues, and besides he is the back up to matt flynn this year (and all one has to do is watch his performance in the peach bowl against miami to see how good he is). And the whole sec needs to thank pete carrol for getting joe mcknight and keeping him from going to lsu. Besides the fact that pre-season rankings have lsu #2 in the nation, I think it will be the bayou bengals against the gators or vols in the championship game. It just weirds me out that our first home game is against VT i.e. I'll feel rather bad chanting tiger bait and screaming profanities at their fans. And saban better thank his lucky stars that the ncaa cant prove for sure that he broke recruiting rules, which would have landed them right back on probation. Not to mention his track record isn't great for his first year with teams. Its not bad its just not conference championship good.

(I cant find any solid evidence for the ranking but I did hear it on the radio a few days ago and it has been confirmed by others when I've brought it up during conversation)
HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, so Saban broke the rules when he supposedly told a player that he is a big physical linebacker and asked another if his heart was in Miami, but Pete Carrol did not with Bush etc..

Even if Saban's words broke the rules, nothing would have happened. I would look at your own program and worry about what will happen there. For I can tell you, you are not scot clean. Wait until the battle for SW Alabama gets heated and Miles starts to feel the heat. LSU will be on probation in 5 years.

In addition, the reason that Saban has not had good luck his first year was because he had to build a team. MSU, LSU, etc.. sucked before he got there, he built there franchise. Bama right now is a built team with only a few gaps to fill. If Alabama had a decent coach last year, we would have made it to the SEC championship. Given how close the games were between Tenn, LSU, Auburn, and Florida, I would even guess that we would have won those games if Shula knew anything other then Darby up the middle, and if he could have scored at least once in the red zone.

Copyright Collegeboy 2007, 2008, 2009

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Get well Flamethrower

Last edited by CollegeBoy : 06-17-2007 at 09:03 PM.
CollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:50 PM   #27
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainTreeBoy View Post
The west is going to be one hell of a fight again. I have LSU winning it and the SEC with their only loss coming to Virginia Tech in week 2 . As for the East, I'm not so sold on Florida repeating. The will not beat up on Georgia nor Tennessee nearly as bad as you say, evil.
Georgia will choke like they do every year. And Tennessee doesn't look very good on offense this year, whereas we are just LOADED.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #28
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
And saban better thank his lucky stars that the ncaa cant prove for sure that he broke recruiting rules, which would have landed them right back on probation. Not to mention his track record isn't great for his first year with teams.
That's because it was fabricated by a media report from SOUTH FLORIDA who hates Saban. I don't like him either but I don't think he did anything wrong.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Old 06-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #29
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeBoy View Post
Just a hater. Saban has not done anything any other coach has not done, the only difference is ESPN covers him different. Look at the difference in the coverage between Saban and Donovan before Don came back.

AS far as the other comments, Tebow is an overrated moma's boy. He will crumble like most other good high school quarterbacks.
I don't recall Donovan saying " I have no interest in being the coach for the Orlando Magic."

On the other hand, he broke a signed contract.

Nick Saban is hated cuz he bolted from LSU, and then bolted for Miami. He follows the money. Donovan gave up 2.5 million a year to be a Gator. My only regret is that he broke his word with the Orlando Magic. I'll get over it, and so will the rest of the Gator Nation.

Your other statement is so ludicrous I won't bother replying. Tebow could kick Chuck Norris's ***. YEAH, I SAID IT.

MODS: I apologize for triple posting, I just keep forgetting about your little plus sign system. Sorry.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #30
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Quote:
For I can tell you, you are not scot clean. Wait until the battle for SW Alabama gets heated and Miles starts to feel the heat. LSU will be on probation in 5 years.
Please if you can point out any allegations be they fake or real showing Les to be having any problems with recruiting violations now or in the future. And I'm well aware of the problems in our program right now but most of them involve players who are already on the team and they have been dealt with as far as I know by either being kicked off the team or suspended.

Sorry if I seem to be going over board but as you probably well know the relationship between Bama fans and LSU fans isn't exactly a great one. And the way Saban left during my freshmen year left me with a rather bad view of his character. He only again prooved it with his dealings with Miami.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:48 PM   #31
RainTreeBoy
Watch out, Mr. Scale!

Send a message via AIM to RainTreeBoy Send a message via Yahoo to RainTreeBoy
Quote:
It just weirds me out that our first home game is against VT i.e. I'll feel rather bad chanting tiger bait and screaming profanities at their fans.
Tech fans are insane, you won't have to worry or feel bad at all. If you want evidence, youtube some of the entrances to their games (notably the 2003 Miami game). I'm doing all I can to get tickets down to that game, we'll see what happens.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:57 PM   #32
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainTreeBoy View Post
Tech fans are insane, you won't have to worry or feel bad at all. If you want evidence, youtube some of the entrances to their games (notably the 2003 Miami game). I'm doing all I can to get tickets down to that game, we'll see what happens.
I should be able to score student tickets and get off work for the game. Its a really late one though starting at 815 at night so hopefully I'll be sober enough to realize whats goin on at that point during the day. And I think the student section may try and dress in VT colors to honor those lost in the tragedy. It should be a great game too.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #33
Fireaznboy
Geass

Send a message via AIM to Fireaznboy
Gators, Hands down.

GATOR NATION!

Music=Fuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedthephish View Post
Its like Phone Booth

But without Colin Ferral

Or a Phone Booth.
Fireaznboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #34
RainTreeBoy
Watch out, Mr. Scale!

Send a message via AIM to RainTreeBoy Send a message via Yahoo to RainTreeBoy
Quote:
I should be able to score student tickets and get off work for the game. Its a really late one though starting at 815 at night so hopefully I'll be sober enough to realize whats goin on at that point during the day. And I think the student section may try and dress in VT colors to honor those lost in the tragedy. It should be a great game too.
I'm hoping to do the same with student tickets sold at tech, but I'll only be a freshman so I don't know how successful I'll be. Not to mention that getting down there may be a whore. But if all goes well, as you said, it should be great tailgaiting followed by a great game.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:26 AM   #35
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I don't recall Donovan saying " I have no interest in being the coach for the Orlando Magic."

On the other hand, he broke a signed contract.

Nick Saban is hated cuz he bolted from LSU, and then bolted for Miami. He follows the money. Donovan gave up 2.5 million a year to be a Gator. My only regret is that he broke his word with the Orlando Magic. I'll get over it, and so will the rest of the Gator Nation.

Your other statement is so ludicrous I won't bother replying. Tebow could kick Chuck Norris's ***. YEAH, I SAID IT.

MODS: I apologize for triple posting, I just keep forgetting about your little plus sign system. Sorry.

He said, "I will not leave Florida, my heart is in the college game blah blah blah."

You know what is funny, if Saban would have followed the money, he would have stayed in Miami for he was being paid far more there then Alabama would have paid him, something the Dolphins owner even said himself.

Have you ever left a job?

BigTarget04

To tell you the truth, the only animosity is on your side, the majority of Tide fans could care less about LSU and only think of the school when it comes time to party.

What I find funny is that when I went to LSU for the game last season, LSU fans were in love with Saban, they even cried for Miles to be fired so that their "savior" could come back and bring LSU to another BCS championship. Now all of sudden they hate it. I have to believe you all are made not that he left, but that he went to another college team other then LSU.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #36
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Quote:
He said, "I will not leave Florida, my heart is in the college game blah blah blah."

What I find funny is that when I went to LSU for the game last season, LSU fans were in love with Saban, they even cried for Miles to be fired so that their "savior" could come back and bring LSU to another BCS championship. Now all of sudden they hate it. I have to believe you all are made not that he left, but that he went to another college team other then LSU.
This was more true during Les' first season. Last year you had some people calling for him to be fired, but never did I hear bring Saban back because most knew he wouldnt come back.

Honestly there is only one coach here I feel should be fired and his name is John Brady.....but this is an entirely off topic subject.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #37
pantzaroff16

Quote:
Actually, I can't think of another college football fanbase that wouldn't be upset at going from a National Championship to a 3 loss season with an equally talented team. Les Miles got everything together the next year but yea, the first year was rough because we expected so much.

Nobody wants saban back. After he left we didn't want him back. Yes, it is kind of a slap in the face that he left to go to Miami and then after bailing on them he goes to one of his old rivals. Thats just life though. When LSU beats the tar out of Bama this year it will all be settled.
pantzaroff16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #38
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:

Nobody wants saban back. After he left we didn't want him back. Yes, it is kind of a slap in the face that he left to go to Miami and then after bailing on them he goes to one of his old rivals. Thats just life though. When LSU beats the tar out of Bama this year it will all be settled.
The majority of the LSU fans that I talked too at the game and more then ten signs that I read tailgating would disagree with you.

Is the LSU Bama game a rivalry game, I had no idea. I mean when you dominate a team for so many years it seems just like another homecoming game. That is it, maybe we should make the LSU game our homecoming game.

I swear, sometimes it seems that LSU fans are almost jealous.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #39
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:

HE also said he was intrigued by the NBA, he never made a definitive statement, at least in my orange and blue mind, that he would never make the jump.

Have I ever left a job? Son, please.

It is well known amongst the people that I work for or have worked for that for the right amount of money, I would raid the safe, slay the employees, and raze the building on my way to my new job.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #40
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Quote:
Actually, I can't think of another college football fanbase that wouldn't be upset at going from a National Championship to a 3 loss season with an equally talented team. Les Miles got everything together the next year but yea, the first year was rough because we expected so much.

Not to mention the whole hurricane thing his first year here. I would say a 11-2 season with that mess going on isnt half bad.

Quote:
The majority of the LSU fans that I talked too at the game and more then ten signs that I read tailgating would disagree with you.

Is the LSU Bama game a rivalry game, I had no idea. I mean when you dominate a team for so many years it seems just like another homecoming game. That is it, maybe we should make the LSU game our homecoming game.

I swear, sometimes it seems that LSU fans are almost jealous.
So by dominate are you reffering to how in this century LSU is 6-1 vs. Bama as domination? Because frankly only beating a team once in the past seven years isnt domination. Yes the over all record is horrendous I agree with you there but I doubt we are homecoming material for you guys just like the University of Houston is this year right? (and I'm well aware our homecoming game isnt exactly a rough one, but I think its unfair to say LSU should be a homecoming game. Especially since you havent beat us since 2002 which just so happens to be Mr. Saban's third season with ye ole Bayou Bengals). And we arent jealous we just have a ton of pride and passion when it comes to football.

Last edited by BigTarget04 : 06-18-2007 at 08:19 PM.