pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 06-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #41
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTarget04 View Post

So by dominate are you reffering to how in this century LSU is 6-1 vs. Bama as domination? Because frankly only beating a team once in the past seven years isnt domination. Yes the over all record is horrendous I agree with you there but I doubt we are homecoming material for you guys just like the University of Houston is this year right? (and I'm well aware our homecoming game isnt exactly a rough one, but I think its unfair to say LSU should be a homecoming game. Especially since you havent beat us since 2002 which just so happens to be Mr. Saban's third season with ye ole Bayou Bengals). And we arent jealous we just have a ton of pride and passion when it comes to football.
Got to love programs without tradition talking about a 7 year period. I am sorry, but a true football program looks at the entire piece of the pie. Of which Alabama has dominated LSU is almost every game. I believe there was a 29 year time frame when Alabama won every time they played in Baton Rouge.

Hum, it seems that they have finally scheduled Homecoming, maybe I should call up Mal and have him change that one. For come on early October is not a good time for a Homecoming game.

You all might not be jealous, but you all sure are acting like it.

Copyright Collegeboy 2007, 2008, 2009

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Get well Flamethrower
CollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #42
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeBoy View Post
Got to love programs without tradition talking about a 7 year period. I am sorry, but a true football program looks at the entire piece of the pie.
Gotta love fans that fall back on tradition when their program is no longer relevant. I don't give a rat's butt about titles that were won before I was born, and a good 5 of Alabama's National titles are questionable.

Can you say Kentucky Basketball? I think you can.

When /If Saban brings Bama conference titles and back into the national spotlight every year, then you can start crowing about tradition again.

Actually, start beating AUBURN again and I'll be happy.

You are the second best school in Alabama.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #43
pantzaroff16

So, CollegeBoy, are you saying that if a team was good in the past it makes up for the lack of success in the present?

Seriously, how can you tell if we are jealous or full of pride through text on a computer screen? Also, what could we possibly be jealous of? You have a good coach that will likely leave within 5 years for a big contract? Or that you aren't the best team in your state much less the conference? On those notes, yes we are very jealous.

On a side note I almost went play football for Auburn, but out of state tuition fees are comparable with Tulane and I can't ask my parents to give that much.
pantzaroff16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 PM   #44
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzaroff16 View Post
So, CollegeBoy, are you saying that if a team was good in the past it makes up for the lack of success in the present?
That's exactly what he's saying.

Bama fans = Kentucky fans
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #45
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzaroff16 View Post

Seriously, how can you tell if we are jealous or full of pride through text on a computer screen? Also, what could we possibly be jealous of? You have a good coach that will likely leave within 5 years for a big contract? Or that you aren't the best team in your state much less the conference? On those notes, yes we are very jealous.

On a side note I almost went play football for Auburn, but out of state tuition fees are comparable with Tulane and I can't ask my parents to give that much.
Nope, not saying that at all. I said that to look at how a team does against another team you have to look at the entire pie not just a little piece of it.

I do not remember saying that you in particular are jealous, I said that LSU fans in general seem to be acting very jealous because they believed their savior was coming back to LSU.

Maybe you should go to Auburn, I here their Sociology department is tough.

Evil_Wayz

College football is all about tradition.

No longer relevant, HA, you will soon find out.

Oh yeah, that cow college, they will soon find out where their place is.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #46
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Send a message via AIM to BigTarget04 Send a message via Yahoo to BigTarget04
It may be about tradition as you say but that doesnt translate into squat during the regular season. Tradition is great and all, but it doesnt automatically translate into wins. And speaking of the savior complex alabama fans sure do seem to think that Saban will be the savior of their currently flopping program.

Anyways back on topic. The thought occurred to me that South Carolina could surprise some people in the east this year.

BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #47
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:

Evil_Wayz

I will put ROLL TIDE in my sig if you end up higher than FLorida in football.

As for tradition, Florida was irrelevant before Spurrier. We're doing fine now, thank you. Funny what a diference 17 years makes.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #48
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:
Anyways back on topic. The thought occurred to me that South Carolina could surprise some people in the east this year.
Cock fans are the only people that are cheerful about going 8-5.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #49
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
It may be about tradition as you say but that doesnt translate into squat during the regular season. Tradition is great and all, but it doesnt automatically translate into wins. And speaking of the savior complex alabama fans sure do seem to think that Saban will be the savior of their currently flopping program.

Again, you do not understand Bama football.

We like having Saban because he is a big name coach, but do we think he is our savior. I doubt it. Alabama has always had a good team, they have just had poor coaching. Either that or no depth caused by probation.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #50
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:

We like having Saban because he is a big name coach, but do we think he is our savior. I doubt it. Alabama has always had a good team, they have just had poor coaching. Either that or no depth caused by probation.
Then by that statement how is he not the saviour of Bama football. Like 43k people came to your spring game this year!

You are not a typical Bama fan, except that you think a Coach can turn a program from the bottom of the conference to an SEC championship in a season.

Didn't Mississippi State, perennial SEC bottom dweller, beat y'all last year?
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #51
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
Cock fans are the only people that are cheerful about going 8-5.
They cheer about going 5-6...

It was hilarious hearing all of them last year.

"OMG! We almost beat Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida!!!!! Go us!!!!"

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #52
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post
They cheer about going 5-6...

It was hilarious hearing all of them last year.

"OMG! We almost beat Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida!!!!! Go us!!!!"
To their credit, they outplayed us. However, they screwed around and got a penalty, causing their kicker to have to drop it just low enough for Jarvis Moss to swat it down, AGAIN.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #53
pantzaroff16

Quote:
Nope, not saying that at all. I said that to look at how a team does against another team you have to look at the entire pie not just a little piece of it.

I do not remember saying that you in particular are jealous, I said that LSU fans in general seem to be acting very jealous because they believed their savior was coming back to LSU.

Maybe you should go to Auburn, I here their Sociology department is tough.

Evil_Wayz

Quote:
So we have to look at the whole pie because all the old players and talent are still active on the roster just waiting to get in the game? Tell me how many schools in the SEC that are among the top in the nation DON'T have tradition.

No LSU fans expected Saban back. When he left Miami we were offended that his college of choice was Alabama, but hey I guess he'll fit in while the money's good enough.

We don't understand Bama Football? You don't understand the SEC. Nobody gives a rat's *** about what you did the last 50 years. Nobody cares much past the previous year and that still doesnt mean anything on the field. Maybe you could explain this secretive meaning to "Bama football"?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #54
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Then by that statement how is he not the saviour of Bama football. Like 43k people came to your spring game this year!

You are not a typical Bama fan, except that you think a Coach can turn a program from the bottom of the conference to an SEC championship in a season.

Didn't Mississippi State, perennial SEC bottom dweller, beat y'all last year?

Did you not read what I wrote? He is not the savior because our team has always been good, we have just had bad coaching in clutch moments. lackluster conditioning, and have been on probation. (Thank you NCAA for not punishing the other schools involved)

I do not think that one coach can turn a program around, I think that a change in attitudes and the fact that we are not on probation can turn a program around.

pantzaroff16

I true college football fan looks at the whole pie, posers look year to year. No team can be good every year (well unless you cheat yes I am talking about you USC), you have you ups and your downs, because of that if you look from year to year you will not get the whole picture.

Auburn, LSU, Florida, maybe Tennessee and Georgia, though I am not sure about the last two, does not have a rich tradition

Every LSU fan that sat around me at the game expected Saban back, and a lot of the signs that I read asked Saban to come back. Do no deny the truth.

Again, if Saban was in it for the money he would have stayed at Miami for he was being paid ALOT more there.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #55
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:
He is not the savior because our team has always been good

I true college football fan looks at the whole pie, posers look year to year.
First of all, being in the bottom half of the SEC does not count as good in my book.

About that other statement. That's not even English. But in the SEC, the premier conference in college football, it's all about what you are doing, not what you did last year. The SEC is carnivorous, literally the idea of "any given Sunday" springing to life, except only on Saturdays.

It's all about "what have you done lately." Smack for wins expires as soon as the next season begins. 11 more weeks.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #56
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
First of all, being in the bottom half of the SEC does not count as good in my book.

About that other statement. That's not even English. But in the SEC, the premier conference in college football, it's all about what you are doing, not what you did last year. The SEC is carnivorous, literally the idea of "any given Sunday" springing to life, except only on Saturdays.

It's all about "what have you done lately." Smack for wins expires as soon as the next season begins. 11 more weeks.
Good teams lose, especially when you have a terrible coach that can not call plays under pressure, which explains our close loses.

You be able to tell that the second sentence was a typo, I = A.

I am sorry, but no team can win all the time, that is why what you have done in your history matters.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #57
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:
Good teams lose, especially when you have a terrible coach that can not call plays under pressure, which explains our close loses.

You be able to tell that the second sentence was a typo, I = A.

I am sorry, but no team can win all the time, that is why what you have done in your history matters.
A loss is a loss. ask USC.

And someone should tell Pete Carroll you can't win all the time. I rather enjoyed when Texas took them apart in the fourth quarter year before last.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #58
pantzaroff16

Quote:
Auburn, LSU, Florida, maybe Tennessee and Georgia, though I am not sure about the last two, does not have a rich tradition.
Ahh, so according to your list, Vandy and South Carolina and ole miss and miss state along with your amazing Bama are the only ones with good tradition? Wow. No offense to schools besides Bama, but you picked some real winners there.

You sound like an ignorant prick. I will admit though, you have entertained me thoroughly over the last few days though.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #59
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
A loss is a loss. ask USC.

And someone should tell Pete Carroll you can't win all the time. I rather enjoyed when Texas took them apart in the fourth quarter year before last.
Like I said, a lose is a lose but a lose does not make you a bad team. Well when you buy your players in one way or the other, you can keep getting good players. Oh throw in there the lack of willingness of the NCAA to investigate. If that crap would have went on at Bama we would have already been handed the death penalty.

There is another reason USC has been good for the past 5 or so years, they have no really played anyone. The PAC 10 is not a good conference.

But like I said, teams have runs of good and bad luck, USC is having good luck now, sooner or later their luck will run out.

Does Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State, and South Carolina have a football team?

I was asked about good teams in the SEC, thusly I only responded with what I thought were good teams. You might want to read first, it will save you from making a fool of yourself.

Ignorant? Sorry, everything that I have said has been the truth. I am sorry if you can not handle the truth. That is not my problem.

But just to let you know, to prove that I am ignorant, you must prove that I am wrong.

I am awaiting your post.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #60
pantzaroff16

Oh, sir, you've been proven wrong several times. The majority of your statements have been opinions that are weakly based when you think of the person spewing the bull.

I made a fool of myself? I'm sorry I can't comprehend your poorly thought out sentence structure. That must be acceptable at Bama. I know Louisiana standards are low and all but as common courtesy I'll ask that you abide by atLEAST those. Please, for all of us enjoying your posts...

And have you looked at who all is agreeing with you? Oh.. thats right the only person can be found in the mirror.

Its great when you say tradition>actual talent and performance. How about we design a new bowl system and as a new ranking factor we have TRADITION mixed in there...since its so important and all.

The funniest part was when you tried to act like an internet tough guy saying we can't handle the truth.