pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #61
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzaroff16 View Post
Oh, sir, you've been proven wrong several times. The majority of your statements have been opinions that are weakly based when you think of the person spewing the bull.

I made a fool of myself? I'm sorry I can't comprehend your poorly thought out sentence structure. That must be acceptable at Bama. I know Louisiana standards are low and all but as common courtesy I'll ask that you abide by atLEAST those. Please, for all of us enjoying your posts...

And have you looked at who all is agreeing with you? Oh.. thats right the only person can be found in the mirror.

Its great when you say tradition>actual talent and performance. How about we design a new bowl system and as a new ranking factor we have TRADITION mixed in there...since its so important and all.

The funniest part was when you tried to act like an internet tough guy saying we can't handle the truth.

I might have some typos, but my sentence structure is good enough that any fifth grader could understand what I am saying. If you have trouble, then I advise you to go back to the fourth grade.

What I find funny is that my response to tradition was for a question that you asked, and yet you still got it wrong.

"Tell me how many schools in the SEC that are among the top in the nation DON'T have tradition."

Clearly Ole Miss, Vandy, Kentucky, Miss State, and South Carolina are not in the top in the nation.

As far as the proven wrong notion, could you please show me where you have proved my wrong.

I am the only Bama fan in this debate, so it would of course stand to reason that I am by myself. Just like you would be by yourself if you said that LSU would beat Florida (if in fact they play, I have no idea)

About the tradition part. Again you show that you do not know how to read. NOWHERE did I say that tradition is greater then skill. I said that one who is a true follower of college football has to look at the whole pie, not just a piece of it.

Copyright Collegeboy 2007, 2008, 2009

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Get well Flamethrower
CollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:21 AM   #62
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeBoy View Post

I am the only Bama fan in this debate, so it would of course stand to reason that I am by myself. Just like you would be by yourself if you said that LSU would beat Florida (if in fact they play, I have no idea)
I'd have to check, but since we just played them in the Swamp (for HOMECOMING! how's THAT for SOS!!!) I imagine we'll be making the trip to Death Valley this year.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #63
pantzaroff16

We play UF at home this year. How can you be a true follower of college football and not know if the teams in your conference play eachother?
pantzaroff16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #64
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
We play UF at home this year. How can you be a true follower of college football and not know if the teams in your conference play eachother?
Cause he's a BAMMER fan!!!

Or were you talking to me?
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #65
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
HAHAHA

You are really digging now.

No one can know the schedule for every team in their conference, and if someone says they do, they are lying.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #66
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:
HAHAHA

You are really digging now.

No one can know the schedule for every team in their conference, and if someone says they do, they are lying.
Dude, it's on the SEC homepage.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #67
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
Dude, it's on the SEC homepage.
Good for it, I did not care to check, because it really does not matter.

What I find funny, is you did not even know your own team schedule, you had to check.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #68
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Send a message via AIM to BigTarget04 Send a message via Yahoo to BigTarget04
Quote:
Auburn, LSU, Florida, maybe Tennessee and Georgia, though I am not sure about the last two, does not have a rich tradition

Every LSU fan that sat around me at the game expected Saban back, and a lot of the signs that I read asked Saban to come back. Do no deny the truth.

Again, if Saban was in it for the money he would have stayed at Miami for he was being paid ALOT more there.
He was probably not going to last very much longer in Miami because they were doing horridly.

O and to your LSU not having tradition statement I laugh in your face quite hard over and over and over. If you have ever and I mean ever gone to Death Valley and seen the opening video on the big screens you would realize we have a very rich football tradition. I will be the first to admit LSU is a football school. We won our first national championship in 1958 and your gonna sit there and tell me LSU doesnt have a rich tradition. Our program goes back to the late 1800's, and I'll have you know the first meeting between LSU and Bama was won by LSU in 1895! So please tell me again we dont have a rich tradition in football. (source for 1895 info: http://www.tigerdroppings.com/histor...sp?Season=1895 )

O and its a safe assumption that LSU is playing Florida during the regular season since they have kinda played every year since 1971.

Last edited by BigTarget04 : 06-20-2007 at 11:58 AM.
BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #69
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Quote:
Good for it, I did not care to check, because it really does not matter.

What I find funny, is you did not even know your own team schedule, you had to check.
I wasn't the one that claimed to be the ultimate football fan. And frankly I don't much care who we play as long as we win.

I know we play Tennesee the third game of every year, Georgia in the middle, and end the season with FSU.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 06-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #70
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I wasn't the one that claimed to be the ultimate football fan. And frankly I don't much care who we play as long as we win.

I know we play Tennesee the third game of every year, Georgia in the middle, and end the season with FSU.
Who said I was the ultimate football fan, I sure did not. And when did knowing other teams schedules make you a football fan. It does not.

BigTarget04

All schools have a "tradition", some good, some bad. LSU has had some luck in the past (2 national championships), but overall they are not up to the speed of an Alabama, a Tennessee, or a Georgia.

(Hint, if you disagree with me, now would be the time to post some of LSUís tradition)

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #71
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Quote:
Auburn, LSU, Florida, maybe Tennessee and Georgia, though I am not sure about the last two, does not have a rich tradition

Quote:
but overall they are not up to the speed of an Alabama, a Tennessee, or a Georgia.

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:28 PM   #72
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post

Why the dodgy face?

The three most storied programs in the SEC are Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. I think that under most definitions of a rich tradition, all three of those teams fit. Hence the reason for not being sure, it depends on your qualifications. But one of those teams stands out from the crowd as the most storied program in the league by far.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #73
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

It seemed to me you were contradicting yourself from a previous post.

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #74
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

I'm pretty sure this article from Wikipedia sums it up best:
Quote:
The AP Poll began in 1936. The Coaches' Poll began in 1950.
LSU has appeared in 30 final AP Polls, with an average final rank of 10.03. Only eleven teams have had more appearances (Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas, and USC).
Thus far in the 2000s, LSU has appeared in 5 final AP Polls, with an average final rank of 10.60. Only five teams have more appearances (Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Oklahoma, and Texas).
There were only two decades when LSU had more final AP appearances than they do this decade:
In the 1960s, LSU appeared in 6 final AP Polls, with an average final rank of 9.17. Only five teams had more appearances (Alabama, Arkansas, Notre Dame, Texas, and USC).
In the 1980s, LSU appeared in 6 final AP Polls, with an average final rank of 13.33. Only eleven teams had more appearances (Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, UCLA, and USC).
I'm pretty sure that final rankings do count for something and as you can see looks like our not so traditionally good team has appeared in quite a number of them at a descently high rank at that.

2 National Championships, 9 SEC Championships, and an overall bowl record of 19-18-1.

Overall in the regular season since 1945 we are 413-226-23.

Anymore numbers I need to present to show we have a pretty rich tradition in college football?

And yes Bama does have a great past and one of the best programs historically in the nation. Guess what though it dont mean squat for this season

And if we are not "up to speed" why did we beat two of those three schools you have listed last season?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #75
pantzaroff16

Oh no, that would prove him wrong and by his reasoning, make him ignorant. How dare you try to prove the Bama fan as ignorant!?!?!

To Evil, no I wasn't talking to you. It was to Wonderboy aka the truest and 1337 college football fan.

To collegeboy, you never said you were the ultimate fan, but you described yourself highly as a fan and thus led us to believe you were incinuating the ultimacy.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #76
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTarget04 View Post
I'm pretty sure this article from Wikipedia sums it up best:

I'm pretty sure that final rankings do count for something and as you can see looks like our not so traditionally good team has appeared in quite a number of them at a descently high rank at that.

2 National Championships, 9 SEC Championships, and an overall bowl record of 19-18-1.

Overall in the regular season since 1945 we are 413-226-23.

Anymore numbers I need to present to show we have a pretty rich tradition in college football?

And yes Bama does have a great past and one of the best programs historically in the nation. Guess what though it don’t mean squat for this season

And if we are not "up to speed" why did we beat two of those three schools you have listed last season?
HAHAHAHA, it seems that when you do not have something you will accept almost anything to make it look like you are better then you are.

I am sorry, but making the top 25 list means nothing. In case you did not notice, LSU falls behind Auburn, FSU, Miami, Arkansas, etc... in many of the categories and I would not call those rich tradition programs.

Please try again.

pantzaroff16

Don't make assumptions, because you know what they do.

Even if I said I was the ultimate football fan, which I did not, when did knowing all the schedules of all the teams in your league become a part of being the ultimate fan.

Get well Flamethrower

Last edited by CollegeBoy : 06-20-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:19 PM   #77
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Quote:
HAHAHAHA, it seems that when you do not have something you will accept almost anything to make it look like you are better then you are.

I am sorry, but making the top 25 list means nothing. In case you did not notice, LSU falls behind Auburn, FSU, Miami, Arkansas, etc... in many of the categories and I would not call those rich tradition programs.

Please try again.

pantzaroff16

Don't make assumptions, because you know what they do.

Even if I said I was the ultimate football fan, which I did not, when did knowing all the schedules of all the teams in your league become a part of being the ultimate fan.
Now to you HHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

FSU 2 titles, not to mention Bobby Bowden is a legend in college football, Miami 5 titles. These are all programs that have had very good sucess in the past. Sure they may not stack up to your great and glorious Crimson tide but face it we are talking about the present now and teams that have, in the past few years done well. I dont know how many people need to come in here and chime in about tradition not meaning anything for the topic of this upcoming season, and you continue to go back to "tradition" as to warrant who is a better team or not. Guess thats what you have to do coming off a season like your guys did last year.

And about the AP rankings meaning nothing they kinda help determine who plays for the title and who in the end is eventually awarded said title. So yeah seems like its kind of a big deal to me.

I'm also well aware of Bama's 10-2 record in 2005 and I'm also well aware of who ended your hopes of a national title bid/undefeated season that year....drum roll please.............LSU.

Last edited by BigTarget04 : 06-20-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:29 PM   #78
pantzaroff16

I'd say the AP polls mean nothing if it was common knowledge that one of the most successful coaches at my school was cheating and swindling his way into polls throughout his career.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:32 PM   #79
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTarget04 View Post
Now to you HHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

FSU 2 titles, not to mention Bobby Bowden is a legend in college football, Miami 5 titles. These are all programs that have had very good sucess in the past. Sure they may not stack up to your great and glorious Crimson tide but face it we are talking about the present now and teams that have, in the past few years done well. I dont know how many people need to come in here and chime in about tradition not meaning anything for the topic of this upcoming season, and you continue to go back to "tradition" as to warrant who is a better team or not. Guess thats what you have to do coming off a season like your guys did last year.

And about the AP rankings meaning nothing they kinda help determine who plays for the title and who in the end is eventually awarded said title. So yeah seems like its kind of a big deal to me.

I'm also well aware of Bama's 10-2 record in 2005 and I'm also well aware of who ended your hopes of a national title bid/undefeated season that year....drum roll please.............LSU.
When does having 2 national championships make you a program with rich tradition. Since when does having one coach make you a program with rich tradition? FSU was a nobody until Bowden brought the program to its present status. They have had good luck and have been successful in the last quarter of a century, but that does not make you rich in tradition.

I have never used tradition to judge how a team will do this year or last year, I use tradition only to look at football program as a whole. Again you are using assumptions.

Being in the top 25 means nothing, being 1 or 2 means everything, I will even expand it to being in the top 5.

HAHA, you actually thought we had a chance to get a national championship in 2005. I am sorry, but even if we went undefeated, we would have never made it to the championship game.

pantzaroff16

And who was this?

Get well Flamethrower
Old 06-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #80
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Quote:
When does having 2 national championships make you a program with rich tradition. Since when does having one coach make you a program with rich tradition? FSU was a nobody until Bowden brought the program to its present status. They have had good luck and have been successful in the last quarter of a century, but that does not make you rich in tradition.

HAHA, you actually thought we had a chance to get a national championship in 2005. I am sorry, but even if we went undefeated, we would have never made it to the championship game.

pantzaroff16

And who was this?
Well you did say quarter of a century and last time I checked 25 years is a pretty long run for doing well. But again I guess we are only juding traditon by the entirety of the last century.

And you are pretty correct in being undefeated and not going to the championship game since thats exactly what happened to auburn when choke-la-homa played SC for that game.

And pantzaroff16 who in the heck are you talking about?