pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 07-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
edudcixlsyd
I have the compass!!

Paintball Cheating

Now I know I might get some people upset for writing this but it's important for people to know the different ways of cheating how to identify it.

***I do not in any way promote that you use this thread to cheat, this is merely an informative guide. Cheating makes you look like a noob and no one will like you!

Playing on:
Playing is the most common way of cheating. Whether you know if you've been hit or not, playing on will usually result in a penalty. Spinning is the way of playing on I see the most. A guy goes to bunker some one and then the bunkered player turns around and shoots at the other player. Next is just continuing to play after you've been hit, I cannot stress this enough with my team, if you've been hit, GO OUT the consequences for you playing on are worse than if you went out. The only time I think playing on is "alright" is when you're shooting off the break, if you get hit running&gunning to a corner, I say keep shooting and then when you get to your bunker go out.

Wiping:
Wiping is one of the most common way of cheating. You're just wiping a hit so you can continue to play. Wiping is worse than playing on because then you know you're cheating. Most (decent) refs can tell when a hits been wiped and if it's a brand new stain or if it's old, just play with honor and some dignity and go out. Now the ways to wipe are: diving(wiping the hit against the dirt) rubbing against your bunker, and going into your bunker as if someone were shooting at you and then wiping the hit clean.

Dead Mans Walk:
I consider this a lost art because most people haven't heard of it. This is one of the most disputable things in paintball. Most leagues have no rule against it, which makes it legal but it challenges you integrity and respect you get from other teams. You pretend like you've been shot(but you haven't) and then just hang around on the field acting sad because you got shot and then when the other team thinks you're out and you get an open shot, you shoot them, usually changing the outcome of a game.

Ramping:
There are two types of ramping, velocity and the amount of paint you shoot. I'm not going to get too much into velocity ramping because it's not as common but it's basically, your gun will increase velocity after you've met certain requirements on your gun. This is the worst way to cheat because it is dangerous. The other kind of ramping is when you meet the requirements on your board, your gun will start to add extra shots. The smooth ramping on Predator boards has this feature which lowers your debounce which will add shots in random bursts making it very discreet. I think the PSP went in the right direction making capped 15 bps ramping legal making these special cheats useless.

**I do not in any way recommend you use this guide as a tutorial for cheating**
Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
edudcixlsyd
I have the compass!!

please let this thread die unless you have any real questions, you will still be able to find the thread here:Tim's Ultimate Guide thread