pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > pbreview.com Forums > Questions / Comments related to pbreview.com

Old 07-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #61
Lopez17
Administrator

I realize that many members feel as you do, but the rules are pretty clear in this regard.

Quote:
Inappropriate Language
Profanity is not allowed. Language describing illegal or sexual acts or anything else deemed inappropriate by the staff is also not allowed. Using any method to avoid the swear filter will result in an immediate ban.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:33 AM   #62
mjr_paranoid
Constantly Baffled

General Infractions

I don't know, but it seems that as time goes on the idea of non expiring infractions seems a little draconian.

Epecially considering that on a mod to mod basis what would be considered an infraction can vary.

I think that a member who has been on the site for a while and that has been a substantial contributor may just rack up a few points here and there and with the new mods coming in I would hate to see someone banned for having a few infractions over time (oh me or mech springs to mind).
A to the 5 : if sarcasm ever solved problems, mjr paranoid would have: numerous nobelle peace pizes, solved global warming and perhaps an alternate fuel source. and possibly known as the greatest man alive.
mjr_paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:18 AM   #63
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
or me. yea, one of the mods told me they'll expire after a while, and i asked why it said never and got no response. but mjr, there aren't any new mods coming in...are there?
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:28 AM   #64
Lopez17
Administrator

So far, to date, I think we've banned exactly one person for having too many infractions and he was up to like 12 in a 4 month period, all for the same stuff and by 6 different moderators. Believe me, if you got an infraction a year ago, while it may still show up, it's not exactly going to count against you for a ban. We all make mistakes, however, if the infractions show a history of one particular sustained action over short period of time, then we know there's an issue.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 AM   #65
mjr_paranoid
Constantly Baffled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimAssasin View Post
or me. yea, one of the mods told me they'll expire after a while, and i asked why it said never and got no response. but mjr, there aren't any new mods coming in...are there?
Well, there is at least one new one now that Andrew is gone.

I would expect to see more new mods as pbr has changed hands.
Any entity that says that no staffing changes will happen when they take over something is just plain lying in my experience.

And side note, the mod that gave me my last infraction; I had never heard of before in any way.
Which gets back to my general unease that different mods have different criteria for infractions. I know I have seen FAR worse in some threads.
I even wrote him/her a short pm to apologize if I had been out of line, but never heard back, so I get left with the feeling that this was a mod who doesn't really participate much anymore and just does fly by infractions and bannings every once and a while.
Probably not true, but it is still the feeling one gets left with.

And lopez, I fully appreciate what the past practices have been. I did not want to imply that actual bannings had taken place, just that a non expiring infraction seems overly draconian.
A to the 5 : if sarcasm ever solved problems, mjr paranoid would have: numerous nobelle peace pizes, solved global warming and perhaps an alternate fuel source. and possibly known as the greatest man alive.

Last edited by mjr_paranoid : 07-05-2007 at 05:39 AM.
mjr_paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:39 AM   #66
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
well adam said he didn't really know much about paintball, so he was gonna leave the mods the way they are, except get them to help out more with reviews. i guess thats where new mods might come in
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #67
pope120
Banned

i recieved 2 infractions for spamming and i only got 1 notification from shadow and the ifraction from the other mod. i never got any ind of notification until i pm'd him my self and asked why my thread was spam, i do think there might be a slight "glitch" in the system. and did i mention i got both infraction just hours apart, and since thats the case i would think that i would get 2 notifications if i got 1 for one of them...
pope120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #68
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimAssasin View Post
well adam said he didn't really know much about paintball, so he was gonna leave the mods the way they are, except get them to help out more with reviews. i guess thats where new mods might come in
While there may be additional staff added to the site, they won't likely be handling the moderation of the forums. They'll be content personnel supporting the overall direction of the site. Adam and I spoke at length about this. The moderator team isn't likely to change.

You'll see more administrator types and likely some additions to the review section but frankly I very rarely give out infractions (same for Andrew), and I would expect that the same will hold true for most of the new folks. We have other responsibilities and the moderators and Supers are the key people to handle infractions, etc.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #69
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

well you know avoiding the (edited by M.O.T.H.E.R.) is hard work and I really don't have the (edited by M.O.T.H.E.R.) to do that much (edited by M.O.T.H.E.R.) so I don't bother. Besides if you wouldn't say it in front of you Grandma you shouldn't be typing it on here for all to see what kind of an (edited by M.O.T.H.E.R.).

LOL
Keep up the good work guys. Clean ships last the longest.
The fact that you can form an opinion only means that you are ninety-eight cents shy of making an educated guess.
DSDM's cleaning out after Christmas sale
Certified Master Airsmith
feedback
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #70
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez17 View Post
So far, to date, I think we've banned exactly one person for having too many infractions and he was up to like 12 in a 4 month period, all for the same stuff and by 6 different moderators. Believe me, if you got an infraction a year ago, while it may still show up, it's not exactly going to count against you for a ban. We all make mistakes, however, if the infractions show a history of one particular sustained action over short period of time, then we know there's an issue.
Its just a sign that the mods/admins don't trust their own users/contirbuters. Anytime you make a suggestion about the site or feel you were mistreated by another member or a mod, the arbiter of the decision is going to say, "oh, you have two infractions, I'm going to say that these won't affect my decision but they secretly will"
It's incredibly lame that someone could use *'s to stand for a word and 2 years later it is still hurting them.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #71
bronze
phantom #35345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awhislyle View Post
Its just a sign that the mods/admins don't trust their own users/contirbuters. Anytime you make a suggestion about the site or feel you were mistreated by another member or a mod, the arbiter of the decision is going to say, "oh, you have two infractions, I'm going to say that these won't affect my decision but they secretly will"
It's incredibly lame that someone could use *'s to stand for a word and 2 years later it is still hurting them.
dude i got 100 point infraction. so i really dont fully understand what the promblem is. How do u think that makes me look? i really said one hundred its not a type-o
bronze says (02:28):
lol long story, woman put me through hell and i didnt even have a physical relationship with her
Lopez17 says to (02:29):
You should have a one sided physical relationship with her. Also known as the backhand.

Me "it was Proffesor plumb, in hte Library with the lead pipe!"

COENEN: "It was Todd Rogers in the study with the ban hammer"
bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #72
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronze View Post
How do u think that makes me look?
It expired though.

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote