pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Indian Creek Designs

Old 02-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #21
microphage

i wish canada sells the lasoya pm...or someone can order it for me and i'll pay you back
microphage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
MAJ. RaZoR -MR-
1*

Send a message via AIM to MAJ. RaZoR -MR-
So.. i suppose that when all the lasoyas are gone... they're gone for good? or did they start making them again after they lowred the price?

My buddy just got the regular PM. I like the lasoya alot better.

Primary- JT Excellerator 3.5
Smart Parts 2k2 All American barrel
Anti-chop/blowback bolt
VL Evolution2
smart parts 20 oz anti-siphon on/off CO2

Secondary- CCI Phantom gravity feed (black)
Daisy MAX View red dot sight
50 rnd hopper
2 4 oz tanks

2 Brass Eagle Tiger Sharks

My JT 3.5 and Phantom
Semper Fidelis, Always Faithful to God, Country, and the Corps.
Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Mills

Play paintball with your head, not your trigger finger.
Quote:
Originally posted by The Kampfer
It is about time people understand "It is the player, not the gun."
MAJ. RaZoR -MR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #23
MecTurtleCocker
I want my..I want my MTV

Yep. The Lasoya has been discontinued, so once they are gone, they are gone.
Crede777: I stay invisible so I don't get my butt handed to me by Mec.
Evil_Wayz: I heard that watching Mec argue was a beautiful thing to behold, but I didn't believe it til now.
GrimAssasin: wow....mtc does have a way with words. ..
mjr_paranoid: There is a difference between juvenile sniping and annoying with style. You definately attack with style Mech.
MecTurtleCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #24
bcelos
L-69 Paintball Team

Send a message via AIM to bcelos
I just noticed reading the Lasoya's description on Action Village, that in the description It says that they run on Co2?? Do they mean Anti-Siphone cause Ive never heard of normal Co2 running on a Promaster
Halo B w/ speedFeed
Pure Energy 68/4500
WGP Prostock, soon to be pump

its a Tippmann Spyder
bcelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #25
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
All I can think of is maybe the vigilante reg is better at regulating CO2 so thats why they say that, but its still a pretty bad idea to use CO2 period, much less non-antisiphoned CO2. I wouldn't trust that part of the description. Promasters are designed to use HPA and whether its a lasoya or not, thats what should be used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #26
clauber

so if you people had a choice u would take the lasoya or the pm? do all the parts fit for both guns? do you need to lube the bolt on the lasoya or is it like the delirin bolt and not need to be lubed?
clauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #27
MecTurtleCocker
I want my..I want my MTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MecTurtleCocker
At the end of the day, the Lasoya is a better marker stock. You can make the choice on which you would rather buy.

As you can see, it's up to you which is better for YOU. Their bolts are fairly similar, and as such, are both delrin, as listed in the comparison portion of the initial post.
Crede777: I stay invisible so I don't get my butt handed to me by Mec.
Evil_Wayz: I heard that watching Mec argue was a beautiful thing to behold, but I didn't believe it til now.
GrimAssasin: wow....mtc does have a way with words. ..
mjr_paranoid: There is a difference between juvenile sniping and annoying with style. You definately attack with style Mech.
MecTurtleCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:41 AM   #28
clauber

thanx. i really appreciate it.
clauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #29
Cislo29

Need help with ASA, and macroline and drop forward help

I'm researching on buying a Lasoya PM and in the reviews it talks about the gun not having a asa, macroline kit or drop forward.

My first question was do i need a drop forward in order to get an ASA?
The second question was how do you know which ASA's, macroline kits and drop forwards work with your gun? I wasn't sure if it was like any company can go on any gun or what because from the site im buying they dont sell any ICD ASA's. Please help this is really urgent.
Cislo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #30
iliveforthis99
Maher

You'll need either a direct mount like this CP direct mount ASA or a dovetail ASA like this SP ASA and then get a rail like the S-rail. You can also use a drop that has a dovetail rail. You'll also need a macro line and macro fitting, buying them in a kit like this is what i'd do.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #31
Cislo29

What do you recommend?

Okay so I don't need to have an ICD ASA. It can be any companies? Also which one of those ASA's which you recommend?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #32
iliveforthis99
Maher

No you don't need to use an ICD ASA, any standard two screw/hole ASA or mount will work. Any of those ASA's would work fine it's really up to you on what looks best and if you want a direct mount or a dovetail. I'd look into the NDZ, the other CP
s
, and maybe the Trinitys. I have the silver Trinity universal one on my borg and it's decent but can sometimes be hard to turn off if your fingers are wet or slick w/ paint.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #33
Cislo29

If I were to get a ICD Lasoya could I use Co2. If not I would use HPA right? Is HPA the same thing as nitrogen? By that I mean I would need to buy nitrogen tanks?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #34
iliveforthis99
Maher

HPA is not the same thing as nitrogen. You can use nitrogen in any compressed air (HPA) tank but you won't find many places that fill nitrogen anymore, compressed air as taken over completely there. ICD says it can use CO2 (as long as it's anti-siphoned) but HPA is very much recommended to use.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #35
Cislo29

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveforthis99 View Post
HPA is not the same thing as nitrogen. You can use nitrogen in any compressed air (HPA) tank but you won't find many places that fill nitrogen anymore, compressed air as taken over completely there. ICD says it can use CO2 (as long as it's anti-siphoned) but HPA is very much recommended to use.

What do you mean by anti-siphoned? And when arenas' fill your tank is it always anti-shiphoned? Also what kind of tank would I use for HPA?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #36
iliveforthis99
Maher

A/S as you see is like a snorkel, it helps keep the liquid CO2 out of the gun. Just so you know it needs to installed by an airsmith (you can't just do it). And it needs to setup for the gun it's going to be used on since as the other picture shows it could at as a siphon if not installed right. The anti-siphon is just for your tank, filling the tank as no effect on the A/S. For HPA you need a HPA/compressed air (same thing) tank like this Crossfire. Like i said before HPA/compressed air/nitrogen can all be used in the same tank, you can not put compressed air in a CO2 tank just so know.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #37
Cislo29

If I don't get an a/s co2 tank and liquid co2 starts getting in my gun how long would it take and how bad would the damage be?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #38
iliveforthis99
Maher

First either way performance would suffer, it'd be a little better w/ A/S'ed CO2 though. Pretty much what would happen is it'll kill your o-rings in the gun and regs pretty fast, it'll be rougher on the internals, and it could damage the solenoid if liquid CO2 ever found away in it.

Edit: I just remembered putting a palmers reg on it can help w/ CO2 but i believe they're fairly expensive.

Last edited by iliveforthis99 : 03-14-2008 at 07:33 PM.
iliveforthis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #39
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
if you want to use CO2, as ilive said it'll be rougher on your o-rings and internal seals, and performance will suffer. if liquid CO2 gets into the solenoid of your gun, you're gonna be paying $80 for a new solenoid, plus more for installation.

The bottom line is, this gun was made to use HPA, not CO2. If you use CO2 you must use an anti-siphoned tank, and it is highly recommended that you use a male Palmer Stabilizer inline reg. You can also add a female stabilizer to act as your ASA, this will give you the best and safest setup for CO2. But by then you'll have spent around $200 and might as well have just bought an HPA tank.

HPA and compressed air are the same thing. Nitrogen is different, since it is pure nitrogen gas while HPA is air like what you breathe, except filtered and pressurized. But for the purposes of paintball, Nitrogen and HPA and Compressed Air all do the same thing.

You can typically get an HPA tank in two pressure capacities, 3000psi and 4500psi. The 4500psi tanks can hold a higher pressure of air, and thus you will get more shots off a 4500psi tank than you would get from a 3000psi tank of the same size. This brings us to the next aspect of tanks, the cubic inches, which is how you measure the size of the tank. I'd recommend a 45ci or 68ci tank. I know some companies are making 48ci, 70ci, and 72ci tanks, those are a good size as well. Size is just preference and depends on how large a tank you want to carry around on the field. I feel that 68 is a good balance of capacity and size. 45ci is for ppl who want something really small.

You can get steel or carbon fiber HPA tanks. Steel ones can only hold 3000psi, and are quite heavy. Carbon fiber tanks are lighter and can hold either 3000 or 4500psi. I'd definately go with carbon fiber, and definately get 4500psi if you can.

So basically, a 68/4500 or 45/4500 tank will probably serve you best. Crossfire, Macdev, and CP all make very good tanks. I feel that Crossfire generally is the best value since they're pretty reasonably priced, and are some of the best performers around. CP and Macdev tanks are a little pricier, but are great tanks as well. Can't go wrong with any of these three. Guerilla Air also makes very good tanks for reasonable prices.

The promaster accepts any ASA with an inline two-hole mounting screw configuration, which is pretty much the standard mounting config among paintball guns. So if it has two screw holes in a straight line (and not diagonal from each other), you're golden. Some ASA's mount directly to the gun (CP Direct mounts and CheckIt Unimounts) while others use a rail to mount to the gun, and then the ASA is a separate piece that attatches to the rail (CP, New Designz, AKA, Macdev, etc).

My two favorite ASA's are probably the CP Direct Mount and CheckIt Unimount. The CP is more expensive but easier to take on and off the gun because it is one piece. The Unimount is a unique two piece ASA using an ASA/cage system, and is cheaper than the CP and very widely used.

The Trinity unimounts, as ilive mentioned, are a decent value but I'd get a CheckIt instead. The Trinity ones are really tough to turn, and if I'd kept my Borg I would have eventually replaced that ASA. The checkit ones are definately better made.

do NOT get a drop-forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.

Last edited by lotus_esprit5 : 03-15-2008 at 10:07 AM.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #40
iliveforthis99
Maher

Yeah i have the checkit unimount on my ion and can definitely tell the difference between it and the trinity on the borg. The trinity does the job but it could be better i think. I'm considering doing what you were going to do and replace the trinity w/ something else.