pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Custom Modifications

Old 06-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #21
Vyce-Gripp
Thanks, Beavertailsrock!

Good thread, but I have one suggestion:In idea #8, don't use ball bearings! They are steel, and when they fly out, they can cause some major damage/injury! Besides, they're expensive.
I believe (but don't quote me on this) that Tippmann uses paintballs to plug the ends of it's Squadbusters.

Other than that, Great job!

-Gripp
Backup: Spyder Victor 1, $300 worth of upgrades

My Feedback:
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...ght=vyce-gripp
Vyce-Gripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #22
..!..('_')..!..
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ..!..('_')..!..
Well, in response to Vyce's comment about dangerious ball berrings, I got my Tippmann Squad Buster which, in the name of saftey, (and becasue it was sitting in my room for a month and I had an itchy trigger finger...) I put it in a DBX paintball reusable Hard case in and chucked it around the yard for a few minutes... When it exploded, it splashed some paint out, but filled up the bottom inch of the case... I searched through the wet blue guts of the Nade and found two balls... Not ball berrings, but not paintballs, but these little plastic clear spheres... Now knowing this... Id reccomend using two airsoft bb's, because they are about the same size... heres what they look like...

Here they are...
..!..('_')..!.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #23
8legedspyder
160lbs of pure sexynes

Location: with your mom in florida, shes not where you think she is...heh heh heh
this is what my freind tried... he took an empty 2 leiter bottle and filled it half way with paintballs, then he filled up the leiter with bakeing soda...heh you know where this is going... on the feild he pored like 2 oz into ot and threy it as far as he could, the other end, and a few seconds later there was this defining POP!!!!!! and some paint balls zung every where it took hlf the team into the dead box, it was AWESOME!!!!, diet coke and mentos works better though, that one I tried...
trust me on this one
WHAT DO YOU MEAN FATAL ERROR!!
8legedspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #24
black_angus1

How are squadbuster's refilled?
12" J&J Ceramic, Trinity T-Lock, ACP Striker, Anti-Siphoned CO2, Ricochet Apache, CP On/Off ASA, Bob Long Torpedo, T-Board VerC, Maddman Rocket Valve, Trinity Reverse Assault Block, ACP bolt, Dye Stickies, Warrior roller trigger
Coming soon:
SPPS Best microswitch, anodizing
black_angus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:20 AM   #25
splatsplat
Banned

hey i got an idea to make a mortar take a piece surgical tubing tie off one end of it fill it with paint so the bulge is about 5" long make an air pressure patato gun with a ball valve and use a bike pump to pressure it up (you can find how to make one just about anywhere on the internet) DO NOT shoot directly at some one or grown man is going to be on thier @$$ balling
splatsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #26
IONized_baller'
IoN no0b

yo, i was wondering could I make a paintball grenade out a fart bomb? Like could you put no-toxic paint into a needle and then eject the paint into the fart bomb then put tape on the hole from the needle? I don't know if that would work but that would be cool if it did.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #27
paintball_mole

Is there a good way to keep these homemade grenades from going off in pouches?
paintball_mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #28
Orpackrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_mole View Post
Is there a good way to keep these homemade grenades from going off in pouches?
A reliable, adjustable paint stopper (washer, cap, ball bearing, etc) and a good safety pin.

When it comes to making paintball grenades, I just made a new paintball grenade fill station:

Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #29
l1ryan1l

Send a message via AIM to l1ryan1l
i've made fairly decent shot gun shells by making a loose pocket of paper that fits perfectly into the barrel and packing it with like 5-9, 6mm paint bb's then i pushed it as far as i could with my finger down the barreland fired, it worked nicley but it wont break on clothes and stuff, the paint will only break on masks and etc.
F7 FUSION+ GUN CASE F/S $155 SHIPPED!!!
http://pbreview.com/forums/showthrea...94#post4244194
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #30
gangsta33
the eliminator!

Send a message via MSN to gangsta33
neat i deal for shot gun shells it would be good if ppl tested these things so far the best thing iv seen to compare to a shot gun in the m203 underound grenade launcher cuz it just shoots paint not a greal grenade so to me i consider it a shot gun not a nade launcer lol but i like ur idea
Old 05-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #31
l1ryan1l

Send a message via AIM to l1ryan1l
whos mine? or the other dude?

i would do the grenade, just to piss ppl off, also to add of all the grenade throws i've seen ive only seen one explode, but im assuming the water baloon one would too
F7 FUSION+ GUN CASE F/S $155 SHIPPED!!!
http://pbreview.com/forums/showthrea...94#post4244194
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #32
der51106

the best paint gernades i have seen are the fat boys or fat bombs crap i cant remember the name. but they use more of a 1/2 inch rubber tubing maybe even 5/8 inch it creates more of a round bomb than the the long folded in half squad buster types. the thing that makes them so great is they are closed by folding over and wrapping the left over empty tubing around itself then to hold it it is held with just a rubber band. now these are shrink wrapped until ready to use. i have made some at home long time ago but never solved the shrink wrap problem. also made a filler out of pvc and a shop air compressor that worked.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #33
dubpaintball

Thumbs up

I read most of it and it sounds interesting, i am going to try it out today.

My favorite paintball sniper rifle supply.
dubpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #34
Aerzy

Nice post Theyre not worth the time and money IMO, but I still see poeple using em anyways, oh well, its probably fun
Aerzy is offline   Reply With Quote