pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > News > Stolen Equipment

Old 04-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
Donnachaidh

Another marker stolen by Punisher's Custom's

In late April 2007, I sent a Viper m1 paintball marker ($300 value) and a check for $210 ($175 for custom work, $35 for return shipping) to a mister Alvin Lee Kinney, a custom airsmith, for some custom work he agreed to do. My check, #1104, for $210 was mailed to Lee Kinney at 2079 Nw Alocleck Suite 1011 Hillsboro, Oregon 97124, and was cashed on May 15, 2007. After about 5 months of no contact whatsoever, I found a large collection of people who had also been victimized by Mr. Kinney on varius internet paintball forums. Some of these people paid up front, and haven't heard a word from him in years! I was not aware of this when I sent him the check and the marker. About 6 months ago, he asked me for my return address again, and said my marker was ready. I have no received either my marker, or even a single email from him. I did however find a thread on the Dodge neon forums where he gave a list including pictures of how much he has spent building his little racecar. I also have a copy of the correpsondence I did receive from Mr Kinney. There are a large number of people who have been victimized by this man.

For those of you who have also been "punished"
Please go here
Department of Justice, State of Oregon - Consumer Protection, Consumer Complaint Form
and file a claim as well. After which,
Rebecca (Becky) Papke
Enforcement Officer
Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section
Oregon Attorney General's Office
1162 Court St NE
Salem, Oregon 97301-4096
rebecca.papke@state.or.us
contact her

Also file a complaint at
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)

Contact info for Punisher.
Business
Punishers Customs, 2079 Nw Alocleck Suite 1011 Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
Home
Alvin Lee Kinney Jr 24125 NE Wapato School Rd Gaston, Oregon 97119
971-506-3339

Last edited by Donnachaidh : 04-13-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Donnachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Send a message via ICQ to warfinge Send a message via AIM to warfinge Send a message via MSN to warfinge Send a message via Yahoo to warfinge
Oh man.....it's like popcorn.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
rridgeway

Send a message via AIM to rridgeway
that guy should be in prison for all the people hes done this too.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
DagNasty
Registered Member

good info, stickied
Old 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
Donnachaidh

Thanks Dag, I really appreciate the support
Old 04-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
senghing27
My Spoon is Too Big

Send a message via AIM to senghing27
I'm sure you have already fond the other threads of Punisher supping up his car and all right?

Good luck and the best to you. I got my own airsmith MIA as well.
CCI:OT
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
Donnachaidh

Yeah, I didn't realize that there were people who had already waited years for their stuff when I sent it to him. I started finding threads of what he has done to people, and then I saw the Dodge Neon forums, and it was all over. I talked to an attorney that day.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
ballstotheface
balado

i find that completely amazing that hes gotten away with this so many times
ballstotheface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
forcerecon85
Do or Die

Send a message via AIM to forcerecon85 Send a message via Yahoo to forcerecon85
That is unbelievable. People like that need to get their tails whooped and then thrown in jail. I hope everything works out for you man. Sorry it had to happen.

I figured I would put my setup in here, since everyone else does...
forcerecon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #10
n2extreme1

Don good luck and let me know how it goes.
n2extreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

So you've waited a year huh? Big friggen deal. Here is a thread posted by Bluefish (Max Sprinkle, yes that's his name) over on the PhOG, where he just recently received his custom Phantom from Lee after two + years.

http://idriders.com/ThePhog/index.php?topic=630.0

The man is working very very hard. He is working a full time job to pay off extensive medical bills. He had his car broken into and stolen, so he had to replace that. So what little spare time he does have he is in his shop doing as much work as possible to the many different projects he has been working on just to get people to shut the hell up and leave him alone.

You giving out all of his personal information is a great invasion of Lee's personal information. Him getting harassed and even threatened on his life, is why he no longer gives out his information. Really, I think you have no right at all to give out his personal information, it's not going to get things done any faster, quite the contrary, it's just going to take a hell of a lot longer now.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:12 AM   #12
Pyrate Jim

Wow. I actually logged in. It says my last visit was 11-23-2003 at 6:19 pm.
I was directed here from another message board, in a thread about Punisher.

I've known about his work for about fifteen years, and in all that time he always maintained a reputation of a minimum of 12 months on any project. Waiting a year or two was to be expected, pretty much common knowledge. And it was always worth the wait.
Why do people think they're special?
The man is doing what he's always done, and getting grief for it. No wonder he's quitting.

Quote:
So you've waited a year huh? Big friggen deal. Here is a thread posted by Bluefish (Max Sprinkle, yes that's his name) over on the PhOG, where he just recently received his custom Phantom from Lee after two + years.
Thanks for the link, my old bunkerboyz didn't work any more...
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #13
Donnachaidh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_warden View Post

http://idriders.com/ThePhog/index.php?topic=630.0

The man is working very very hard. He is working a full time job to pay off extensive medical bills. He had his car broken into and stolen, so he had to replace that. So what little spare time he does have he is in his shop doing as much work as possible to the many different projects he has been working on just to get people to shut the hell up and leave him alone.
Negative. He's not gonna sucker anone else. I'll hire a skywriter if that's what it takes.

You giving out all of his personal information is a great invasion of Lee's personal information. Him getting harassed and even threatened on his life, is why he no longer gives out his information. Really, I think you have no right at all to give out his personal information, it's not going to get things done any faster, quite the contrary, it's just going to take a hell of a lot longer now.
As opposed to... what? Tell Lee, I don't blame him for ignoring my emails, but he might want to reply to Officer Papke. Small claims is the least of his worries now, lol.

By the way, you guys can go back to the PHOG, defending him here is useless.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
forcerecon85
Do or Die

Send a message via AIM to forcerecon85 Send a message via Yahoo to forcerecon85
Amen brother

I figured I would put my setup in here, since everyone else does...
forcerecon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #15
Pyrate Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnachaidh View Post
Oh, I'm not defending him. (and I post on PHOG about as often as I do here)

I'm merely pointing out that Punisher has always been like this. Anyone who inquired of any of his previous customers would hear the same. The man takes three times forever to get it back to you.
It should come as no surprise.

You take whatever action you choose, but if I'm going to deal with the man at least I knew what to expect before putting up my cash.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #16
Donnachaidh

That's just it; I had no idea he was like that, and only after months of no contact did I seek (and easily discover) a whole list of people, across various forums, in the same situation.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #17
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

Quote:
I have been a member here for 4 years, and I consider myself a respected member here, as well as on the PhOG.

Quote:
That's just it; I had no idea he was like that, and only after months of no contact did I seek (and easily discover) a whole list of people, across various forums, in the same situation.
That is not our fault, nor is it his. You should have done more research on a person you were sending so much money to.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #18
Donnachaidh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_warden View Post
That is not our fault, nor is it his. You should have done more research on a person you were sending so much money to.

So why defend him? I'm not going to argue with you, it's simple. He owes a lot of people work and money. He will repay his debts, I asure you. He's been sued once, and was actually served by the sherriff. The authorities up there are just now undertsanding just how many people are involved.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #19
DagNasty
Registered Member

We've been down this path many times and my personal stance on misrepresentation is not hidden by any means.

This thread provides complaint information and advice for a legal solution to complaints against one individual by a customer who didn't get their product and/or services. Simple as that. Not a thread to prove or argue guilt.

Dropping in here to defend Mr. Kinney is both futile and completely unecessary. This is an information exchange and this poster has valuable information for anyone who chooses how to handle their dealings with Punisher. This entire matter is in the hands of the appropriate authorities and thus, out of our hands for the time being.

This forum section is a tool for members to share experiences, positive or negative (mostly negative unfortunately) about individuals and/or commercial organizations. This thread directs people where to go and what information they need if they are in a similar situation.

You want a pissing match? Take it to PM's.

Last edited by DagNasty : 04-14-2008 at 09:48 AM.
DagNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #20
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Send a message via ICQ to warfinge Send a message via AIM to warfinge Send a message via MSN to warfinge Send a message via Yahoo to warfinge
I KNOW that if I had seen feedback anything like these threads on Kinney years ago, I'd never have done business with him to start with. Unfortunately, at that time...there was no bad feedback. Every time someone posted some, the legion would pounce on the forum and lobby the mods to delete it. So when all I found was happy discussion and no complaints, I assumed things would go well. When I made the deal, we surely didn't talk about a 3 year + turnaround. It was implied it would be less than a year. These threads NEED to exist. If you think you know better, feel free to send him work and support him. There are numerous feedback forums like MCB, PBN, PHOG, AO, Spyderea.net that have sections for nothing but feedback. If you had a wonderful experience or have an understanding about business with Lee that others don't understand...THAT'S the place to defend him. He desperately needs positive feedback. If you have it to give, do it in a thread designed for the purpose. HB just got a marker he commissioned in 2005. Where is his feedback post? Shane-O on MCB got half of his work back. I THINK he posted something positive about it somewhere. Thats it in what? 6 years? Give him some positive feedback if he has earned it. Griefing Don is pointless.
People need to know even if it is just to hammer home that an airsmith finishes the work whenever he does and not a minute sooner.