pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > News > Stolen Equipment

Old 04-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #21
Pyrate Jim

I'm gonna drop in one more time just to exchange a bit more information, if you don't mind.
There is never a way to condone what are reprehensible business practices. I just don't believe that a one year wait from Punisher constitutes misrepresentation, and I'll tell you why.(from my point of view)

I've been playing paintball almost 20 years. I knew of Punishers' work nearly fifteen years ago. I joined the internet about nine years ago.
So you see, I knew his rep long before I had access to mass communications. I'm way up here in Connecticut, a long way from civilization, and yet all I ever heard was that it took an eternity to come back, and it was worth the wait.
Then I found out for myself. I currently have a KP2 done over by Lee that took over two years to get in my hands, and it's been my primary gun of choice for almost a decade, out of over 60 in my collection. In my opinion the stories are true that it's worth the wait and the man really is (or was) an "Airsmith to the Gods"
Warfinge is right that there needs to be more feedback on custom work, and that the positive needs to be addressed as much as the negative. In my case, the few places I posted it either no longer exist, or it's so far back in the archives that nobody sees it. Starting a thread 10 years later is kinda pointless, so all I can do is appreciate being able to reply to new threads on the subject.
Donna says:
Quote:
only after months of no contact did I seek (and easily discover) a whole list of people, across various forums, in the same situation.
Two things unfortunate about that. First, that you were unaware before the fact and had to learn the hard way. Anything "easily discovered" after the fact is merely hindsight. I assume that what you found involved the Crowd Buster fiasco, since there were numerous threads on a good number of message boards over that.
The second unfortunate thing is that I'm in the same boat, due to that particular debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagNasty View Post
This forum section is a tool for members to share experiences, positive or negative (mostly negative unfortunately) about individuals and/or commercial organizations. This thread directs people where to go and what information they need if they are in a similar situation.
I appreciate your allowing us to do this, and I may find the information useful, myself being in that similar situation.
I don't deny or dispute any claims laid against Punisher. My own claims total $1,700 on product that was due for completion June, 2005.
If there's anything I'm defending, it's the experiences that I'm trying to share.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:07 AM   #22
Donnachaidh

Bare in mind that is wasn't implied, but stated that my work would onl take a couple of months. To say nothing of the fact that 8 months ago, the correspondence I received was "Your gun is done."
Well, where is it? Why no email? I put the info in this thread to help others, and later today I'll have some very good news.
Donnachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #23
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Send a message via ICQ to warfinge Send a message via AIM to warfinge Send a message via MSN to warfinge Send a message via Yahoo to warfinge
Well, what harm could come from honest communication and discussion about the subject? Honestly, if we all show the same level of class as Pyrate Jim there is nothing we can't calmly discuss. Heck communication amongst customers may CALM the anger. They/ we all have somthing in common after all. Even now after all the crap and flamefests, he could still pull it all out of the dive if he really tried.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #24
n2extreme1

I think that one of the main issues here is lack of communication. Would customers be more understanding if they had updates on there work or even got a response to there emails? I know I would have. It is also a little upsetting reading how Lee is so busy and has such a huge work load and then seeing all his other hobbies such as rebuilding cars etc. Some people may argue that he does this in his own time. His time is already paid for by the customers who contracted him out yrs ago to complete projects. Get those projects done then go about doing what you like. Lee has been known to do nice work but some of the work that comes back does not even work such in my case. I waited 2yrs for a project and it went right back out the door to an airsmith I trust to get it working.
n2extreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:45 AM   #25
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Send a message via ICQ to warfinge Send a message via AIM to warfinge Send a message via MSN to warfinge Send a message via Yahoo to warfinge
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2extreme1 View Post
I think that one of the main issues here is lack of communication..........

Well now. There is a theme. Let's see......

BCporter 08-13-2004, 01:31 AM
Quote:
I need somebody's (anybody's) help. I sent punishers customs a gun of mine about a year ago now. And i havent been able to get a hold of him through email at all, phone calls didnt work either
Imfamoussmiley 03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Quote:
I sent a deposit to have work done by Punisher and now I can't reach him or get a reply

BlueFIsh Posted on Jan 29, 2007, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the Callout on the board, I'm not sure my emails are reaching you. Hit me up via the above address.
BoB Posted on Jan 29, 2007, 3:36 PM
Quote:
He has fallen off the face of the earth. Guns not getting returned, emails not getting returned. Gets hostile when asked about things.
Renegade_Azzy Posted on Jan 29, 2007, 8:27 AM
Quote:
Sent a few emails, and havent heard back.
nick Posted on Nov 8, 2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I did send you money. After saying thanks and you tinkered a time or two, I haven't heard much of anything.What can I say, I feel like I've been jerked around.
Bored383 Posted on Jul 1 2007, 01:50 PM
Quote:
that is scant effort from him. I still have no idea where the build stands, how close to completion it is, what he still needs to do, what he may still be waiting on, etc. For all intents and purposes there is no change in the situation beyond that fact that there has been this flamewar. It is still business as usual, and Lee is still acting like he feels it is okay to basically leave people hanging.

well I have a million stored. My favorite pun thread is this one. Read it all the way through, there is a lesson there.

George and Lee going at it

Quote:
I have been nothing but nice and patient with you Lee. I have asked on several occasions for updates, what happens? YOU NEVER REPLY!!! So I post on the forums asking nicely for an update yet they go ignored. I post to you in your forum cause I don't know if you get my emails or not cause you never respond but you just delete it.

Last edited by warfinge : 04-16-2008 at 08:47 AM.
warfinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #26
Pyrate Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfinge View Post
Well now. There is a theme. Let's see....
[ et al ]
The fact you can record almost five years of similar complaints just from internet message boards would seem to validate my original statement that the man has always been like this.
I just happen to be one of those few who can testify to Punishers reputation before those message boards became popular, or even available.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #27
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

Yes but all this was found after my deal with him. I had to learn a few search skills to store these up. Back when I started my deal with him all I could find was the BCporter post that looked negative. I PMed him to ask if Pun had squared with him but he didn't answer me for over a year. One other on AO that was already resolved. That's it. For my purposes, Lee looked like someone to do as promised. I challenge you to find some of those posts with standard searches. Many in my collection are for forums that no longer exist. Such as his own.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #28
Donnachaidh

I think for the most part, everyone has been professional. And for the record, before I dealt with Lee, I didn't have the option of searching for feedback, because I was downrange (Iraq). The internet is SO slow there, and there are time limits, after the long wait.
Anyway, I asked Officer Papke to email Lee regarding this. She did. His response was that the work had been done for months and months now. So I asked her to email him again as to why I have never received so much as a reply, let alone my gun. She did. His response was to ship it last Monday and email her the tracking number.
Problem is, being active duty, I move a lot. I'm moving across the country in a month infact. I remember beating Lee's email up making sure he got the correct addresss. The gun was actually given to me free by the company owner because I was downrange. I'm hoping, since it shipped Priority Mail on Monday, that it comes at least to a FT Knox address, and not to the Iraq address I sent it from. I still can't get status, but hey, at least we know he won't fail to reply to her.

Right after that email I got an auto-generated email from the Oregon state DA's office. Apparently more people are using their online form to complain about Punisher's customs. I can say one thing, Officer Papke is the very reason he shipped it this week.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #29
Pyrate Jim

I'm glad you've gotten as far as you have, and once you have your marker in hand I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Although it's disappointing to hear you had to go to as much trouble as you did, involving the law and all.
I hope I don't have to go to such lengths.

Warfinge,
Quote:
For my purposes, Lee looked like someone to do as promised. I challenge you to find some of those posts with standard searches. Many in my collection are for forums that no longer exist. Such as his own.
I don't think I'm up for that challenge. My own skills on the komputer are limited and I doubt I could find anything that escapes a casual search.

Despite all the negative reports I find on internet message boards, I maintain my faith that Lee is not out to rip anybody off and I will have what he owes me. The wait and lack of communications are what I expected, I've been through it before and while it may be frustrating, it's not a surprise.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #30
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

I genuinely hope you patience and good nature are reward Pyrate Jim. I too believe that in his heart, he means to do the right thing. It's just his mammoth ego that makes him run his mouth like that. The real challenge for him is to focus and do it. I wanna see pics of both of yours and Don's work!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #31
plushdragon

re:

I just like to put in some of my input on my dealings with punisher customs. I knew sending work to punisher would not be quick. I sent him an grip frame of an action marker dits and a raw chunk of paintball body and ask him to go at it.I sent him 290.00 in the box (postal money order and two months later sent him another 100.00.) I sent him one email at 7 months to see if there were any problems or question he needed like anno color or how the body should look. at the time he was still backed up on other jobs but his message board was still working (shop updates.) read about his stress colds and cutting of his finger that stopped him from working for a few weeks. I left lee alone for six more months and sent lee an email I got a reply and few images of marker almost done (was splashed anno black and had fish scale type body and custom eye covers). I sent lee an email to see if i owed him more money then i had sent to cover the anno and any other work. three weeks went by with no reply from lee.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #32
plushdragon

cont.

I posted on lees board a year agon in dec after waiting three weeks with no reply from lee. the post was read 73 times and no one posted anything else. At the time less posted on tinkers guild of a spam attack on his corp web pages and email he took down his bb and stopped using his old email addy on his corp web page.about that time warfinger and others were asking for there markers or email from lee and people found out about lee neon. At that time lee posted on few boards that he may or would be filiing for bankropcy protection. At that time a few people one that was in the armed services used a jag office to help contact lee. Also as war has posted a local sherif served lee some paper work. About two months ago lee changed his main web page again and placed a new email addy on it. punisher1 -at- punishers-customs -dot- com he replied to my email from punisher1@airsoldier.com
Old 04-18-2008, 01:58 AM   #33
plushdragon

re:

Hey there you are!
Yeah it's been done a long time and I emailed you but it bounced a few
times and I'm guilty of forgetting. The box was shipped but came back
undeliverable.
The address I have for you isedit out my home addy).
I sent him a new email from my work email the only one that has worked it now gone on three weeks after the last email with no contact. at this time i have filed an fbi fraud report and one today with orogon better biz link that was posted at the start of the forum. Im not angry with lee nor have i emailed lee every week asking for an update. If he had left his message board working or started a new one on a free server and still had a shop update and or a compleated project update a lot of people now would not be sending complants to the bbs.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #34
Donnachaidh

Did you read my last? Go to my first post and follow the lin to the Oregon DA's website. AFTER you file a complaint with them, ask Officer Papke to email him why you haven't recieved your stuff, any emails etc. Trust me, he won't ignore her.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:47 AM   #35
Donnachaidh

Well, it turns out he didn't mail it priority, and he did mail it to the wrong address. Oh well, just more fuel to help everyone else get their stuff back. I'm going to make sure EVERYONE gets ahold of the Oregon DA's office. I'm going to call them today too, since he lied to her about the shipping (she forwarded me the email)
Old 04-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #36
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

That's just messed up Don. Sorry man. Barney, I have been watching your problem for awhile now. Your marker looked completed the last pic he sent you. I expected to see you with it long ago... WTF?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #37
n2extreme1

Any updates?
n2extreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #38
warfinge
Tanned rested and ready

http://punishers-customs.com/wordpress/

Theres an update. Wonder how faithful he will be on updating. The 2nd question is can he update without offending everyone with his bitter and unrepentant attitude. Many are watching I'll bet.

Edit##

I'd also like to point out that the pressure must be on for Lee to do this. I'd say that pressure is by this thread starter. A lot of people have said some nasty things to him but he is putting pressure on Lee and fortunately, it works. The trick is to keep the pressure on. He will eventually give you what you want so you will go away. Persistence pays.

Last edited by warfinge : 04-25-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: adding comment
warfinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #39
Donnachaidh

After I got Officer Papke to do my emailing for me, his response was to mail my gun. He mailed it to the wrong address when I KNOW he had the right one, so I still haven't got it, but I'll say it again; Follow the instructions in my first post and you will get your stuff back. He will not ignore her, and he can't explain why he's had your gun for years either, so he ships it. It may not be done, but if it isn't, go through her, then sue him. Be sure to fill out the complaint form BEFORE you email Officer Papke.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:29 PM   #40
Pyrate Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfinge View Post
the pressure must be on for Lee to do this. I'd say that pressure is by this thread starter. A lot of people have said some nasty things to him but he is putting pressure on Lee and fortunately, it works. The trick is to keep the pressure on. He will eventually give you what you want so you will go away. Persistence pays.
Actually, I had an Email from him this morning.
I'm sure that it was prompted by the people who are complaining in a legal sense, and what can I say?
Thank you.
For pushing the issues, and developing an internet paradigm that produces results far beyond my expectations. I might have waited more years before coming to conclusion on my own projects from Lee.
I'm still not complaining, I fully expect that the product will justify the 4 year wait.
But if it happens with any expedience, it's most likely due to the pressure brought to bear by others than myself.
If donnachaidh was the one who forced the issue, then props are due.

But I will add one more thing. Punisher is not a company, it's one man doing this in his spare time.
To me, my spare time is worth more than what I get paid to work. I would expect anyone else in the same situation to feel the same. And thar's what I would expect from Lee.
Put yourself in his position. Would you work all day at a regular job and then come home to work on peoples markers?
That's a tough choice. Once you make it you are responsible for what you've taken on as projects.
Punisher has taken on these responsibilities and projects not through the love of money but the love of paintball.
To give the man grief over that is unfair, in my opinion.
In the long run, I've heard of extraordinary waiting periods but never that he failed to produce what was promised.