pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dye Precision

Old 04-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #161
mike16

Send a message via AIM to mike16
hi im looking to buy a proto matrix rail gun. I was wondering what air tank i should use for it that would be best. Ive never used compressed air so i really dont understand HP or LP. Im looking at something that would give me close to 600-800 shots per fill?
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #162
J.Go
Jackson Pollock Fan

Send a message via AIM to J.Go Send a message via MSN to J.Go Send a message via Yahoo to J.Go
PMR Programming Mode

Has anyone ever experiences their PMR not entering programming mode? I have a brand new PMR, have followed the manual's instructions explicitly, but when I flip the #2 switch to ON and turn on the PMR, I get a solid yellow instead of cycling through. Any ideas? Am I missing something?
J.Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #163
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
have you tried the other switch instead? also, make sure there isn't any damage to the board or wires.
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 AM   #164
kdickinson

PMR best add on's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike16 View Post
hi im looking to buy a proto matrix rail gun. I was wondering what air tank i should use for it that would be best. Ive never used compressed air so i really dont understand HP or LP. Im looking at something that would give me close to 600-800 shots per fill?
I'am PMR owner, first thing you'll notice about a stock PMR is the huge amount of AIR it uses. I bought the Pure Energy 4500 PSI 88CI LP tank (Big tank). Helped keeping my trips to fill station to a minimum, but the real difference was when I added a new bolt (TECHT L7 bolt) What a difference, saved air, operates on lower preasure with same FPS. No more extreme PMR kick; That, with a new barrel (Lapco - Bigshot 14") has made my PMR awesome. Very acurate, quiet, and with the UL frame added very fast.
kdickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #165
BobbyDigital123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickinson View Post
I'am PMR owner, first thing you'll notice about a stock PMR is the huge amount of AIR it uses. I bought the Pure Energy 4500 PSI 88CI LP tank (Big tank). Helped keeping my trips to fill station to a minimum, but the real difference was when I added a new bolt (TECHT L7 bolt) What a difference, saved air, operates on lower preasure with same FPS. No more extreme PMR kick; That, with a new barrel (Lapco - Bigshot 14") has made my PMR awesome. Very acurate, quiet, and with the UL frame added very fast.
What is your setup and settings? I wanted something to counter the efficiency. It can save me some money with the field that I play at. They dont charge entrance fee and you have the option of buying all day air or pay for single fills.

To make sure I got this right, it makes sense that if I get a lighter bolt that it would take less pressure to move it meaning that I can drop the pressure on my reg. If I drop the pressure doesnt that mean I'll have to increase my dwell?

1) If say in this scenario Im running at 150psi, a dwell of 25, with a paint to barrel match, stock bolt, and I end up with 280fps.

2) The next scenario If I used a lighter bolt, dropped my pressure down to...pretend 115psi, dwell of 25, and with a paint to barrel match, wouldnt my velocity be slower?

I guess my question is, wouldnt I have to increase the dwell (using more air) to get the paintball up to speed since I dropped the pressure? I mean the drop in psi was because Im using a lighter bolt, but the paint Im using is still the same weight so dropping the psi reduces the amount of pressure used to propel the ball and to compensate I would have to up the dwell right? Would it be worth it for me to buy a new bolt to get better efficiency? Do I need to buy anything else in combination with the bolt to get some real decent results or would the bolt alone suffice (want to make sure I know how much I'll be spending)?

Thanks.
BobbyDigital123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #166
kdickinson

Settings

You're kinda on track, the lighter bolt along with the spacers (included) mean a smaller area within the marker that houses the air for that shot. I actually lower the dwell and increase the regulator to produce the same FPS with less air. My setup is as follows.

PMR - 07
Techt L7 Bolt (new generation with spacers) See Here for all the details: http://www.techtpaintball.com/pmrl7.html
Lapco Bigshot 14" cocker barrel
ST locking feedneck
Dye UL Frame
CP Dovetail On/off
Empire Magna Loader with RF transmitter for Dye/UL
New Dezigns Metal Backcap

My dwell is set @ 18 right now with no issue's. You'll notice right away NO MORE Kick.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #167
BobbyDigital123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickinson View Post
You're kinda on track, the lighter bolt along with the spacers (included) mean a smaller area within the marker that houses the air for that shot. I actually lower the dwell and increase the regulator to produce the same FPS with less air. My setup is as follows.

PMR - 07
Techt L7 Bolt (new generation with spacers) See Here for all the details: http://www.techtpaintball.com/pmrl7.html
Lapco Bigshot 14" cocker barrel
ST locking feedneck
Dye UL Frame
CP Dovetail On/off
Empire Magna Loader with RF transmitter for Dye/UL
New Dezigns Metal Backcap

My dwell is set @ 18 right now with no issue's. You'll notice right away NO MORE Kick.
Thanks. One more question, have you noticied with the L7 if your bolt is cycling all the way with the low dwell?
BobbyDigital123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #168
kdickinson

Bolt Cycle on Low Dwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDigital123 View Post
Thanks. One more question, have you noticied with the L7 if your bolt is cycling all the way with the low dwell?
Thats exactly what I have been tweaking since I've gotten this bolt. So far it has been full cycles. As I drop the dwell lower I have to watch for this in-consistancey to make sure its not set too low.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #169
Roadking013

back cap question

hi, new to this forum but i needed some help, i bought my PMR a few months back and i read a lot of reviews on it and i saw that a lot of ppl have had trouble with their back caps, and i still have the stock "composite" one, but i went to clean my bolt one day and the back cap came off with out the bolt,

my question is: is the back cap supposed to be attached to the bolt, if it is how do i fix this?
Roadking013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #170
ftdrummwr10
Gorak Broussard

Exclamation

ya i have the same problem as stated above. im new to the pmr (or proto in general) and i got this gun used for a sweet deal, and have found a few things i cant quite understand. so far i have my dwell set to 18, and my marker wont let me get thru 340 balls to my 68/4500 tank, and about 380- 400 on my 88/4500 tank, and 200 or less on my 48/3000 tank. i also noticed that the marker wont let me shoot past 11bps, so i know for sure it shouldnt go thru this much air normaly when i get over 1200 balls out of my cocker sr with a 88/4500 tank. what would you all recomend i do to this gunit is broken in for sure, and i replaced all of the o-rings in the gun.
ftdrummwr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #171
Diablo1216

Send a message via AIM to Diablo1216 Send a message via MSN to Diablo1216 Send a message via Skype™ to Diablo1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking013 View Post
hi, new to this forum but i needed some help, i bought my PMR a few months back and i read a lot of reviews on it and i saw that a lot of ppl have had trouble with their back caps, and i still have the stock "composite" one, but i went to clean my bolt one day and the back cap came off with out the bolt,

my question is: is the back cap supposed to be attached to the bolt, if it is how do i fix this?
No, the back cap is not part of the bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpmkjp View Post
Just add in the "Sorry if this seems weird or out of line, I just rarely see you and I assumed this would be the easiest way to contact you and ask for your number and surprise buttsecks".
Diablo1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #172
ftdrummwr10
Gorak Broussard

no what we r wondering is if the back cap attaches to the bolt. also where could i find a manual for this gun since i got mine used
ftdrummwr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #173
Uziel Gal
Legend

http://www.dyematrix.com/manuals/Pro...AIL_Manual.pdf

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #174
lust3r

Is the PMR compatible with most magnetic trigger mods available? Is there one that works better than others?
lust3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:26 AM   #175
archis

hi, have a problem. my pmr doesnt work. The led light is blinking red/green when you try it to turn on. It blinks only while u hold your finger on the button. what does it mean? how to fix it? (have changed the batteries, all the same).
archis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #176
protofreak
dye fan

either your holding the button to long and it turns turns on then shuts off or the board might be bad
Green Halo B w/ rip Drive
-b2 board, virtue crown ultra soft
68/4500 pure energy tank
- dye rhino cover
http://www.myspace.com/danielpbplaya
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z236/Fragmortus/
protofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #177
TexanRebel90
Proto Fan

Send a message via AIM to TexanRebel90
i just bought a Tech T L7 bolt for my pmr what should i change the dwell to

I want to buy new grips for my PMR and i can not find any can someone tell me where to find some ( i do not have the UL frame).

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 02-28-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Double post
TexanRebel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #178
protofreak
dye fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanRebel90 View Post
I want to buy new grips for my PMR and i can not find any can someone tell me where to find some ( i do not have the UL frame).
standard 45 grips will work with the pmr (p.s. u might have to stretch some grips out to get them to fit)
Green Halo B w/ rip Drive
-b2 board, virtue crown ultra soft
68/4500 pure energy tank
- dye rhino cover
http://www.myspace.com/danielpbplaya
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z236/Fragmortus/
protofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #179
archis

i have a problem. i buyed used PMR. When i started to test it , it leaked. When i fire a shot it leaks (only at shots) and there is no ball going out. When i pull the trigeer i hear only a air leak in the body of PMR, is it becouse of dwell stings? i tested it about 0 degrees celsius temperature.
archis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #180
TexanRebel90
Proto Fan

Send a message via AIM to TexanRebel90
Ok guys i had heard good things about the L7 bolt so i bought one form my 07 PMR. I put it in correctly but when i went to shoot it i could probably get 15 shots out of it and then it would shoot like there was not enough air so i took it out and the spacers on the back of it had moved over the air slot idk what to do

NEVERMIND guys just watched a video on the bolt i fixed the problem
DeadyWind 14" Barrel
CP Rake Trigger
Empire Reloader B (with B2 Board Upgrade)
Crossfire 88/4500

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 05-06-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Double post
TexanRebel90 is offline   Reply With Quote