pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > SP-1

Old 12-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Kwalli

just got sp-1 and have some user questions

I just got the sp1 today from punisherspb.com and i'm trying to get used to removing the bolt. I havn't shot the gun at all and only slightly adjusted the velocity after pulling down on the trigger a couple of times.

First of all, is it supposed to beep when you press the trigger when no paintballs are in the loader and with no tank attached (or a tank attached but with no air/co2). I just wanted to hear the bolt in action so i tried but it just beeped each time i pulled the trigger.

2nd, how do i remove the bolt stop and bolt? I opened the back, took out the bolt sleeve but the bolt stop and bolt are firmly tugged in. I pulled on it using the butt of a toothbrush and again with my finger. I don't want to yank hardat it b/c i'm afraid that might cause some harm. Is it supposed to be hard to remove?

I think mine is the one with select fire but i have no idea how to change firing modes atm.

Last edited by Kwalli : 12-20-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Kwalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
iliveforthis99
Maher

Yes it is supposed to beep when you pull the trigger. It's not easy to remove the bolt out the back, stick a barrel swab down the front of the gun and gently push the bolt out.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
Kwalli

okay thanks. I'll try that tommrow morning.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:14 AM   #4
SavageBall666

You can also stick a finger down the feedneck and if you push the bolt slightly it should just fall right out.
SavageBall666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
Kwalli

I did what live said and everything worked. Although i did have some hassle putting it in correctly (i but the bolt in backwards and thus when i took the bolt out,the boltstop was inside the gun, and i thought i had lost the bolt stop but everything went well in the end)
thank you everyone and, savage, i'll remember that method for when i dont have my swab with me
Old 12-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
SavageBall666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwalli View Post
i but the bolt in backwards
For some reason I laughed really hard at the thought of that.
SavageBall666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
Kwalli

I hope that it was the fact that I put it in backwards and not my blatant spelling error of 'put' that caused you to laugh. You would think that the pointed part would be the front of the bolt but apparently that was the back o.0 Now that i think of it, how could I spell 'put' wrong. . .
Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
iliveforthis99
Maher

Haha if the back was the front and the bolt could actually cycle like that you'd get nothing but chops.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
Kwalli

umm. . .how good are the smartparts repair centers b/c i kinda messed up my sp-1 There is a leak at where the support handle (one without the trigger) attaches to the marker. The support handle is not fully screwed in and is jammed (the threading might be worn/bust) and i believe thats what is causing the leak.

I was curious and wanted to know all the functions of the sp-1 and how the gun works so i decided to get to know how to attach a flashlight. I turned the support handle 90 degrees but then was curious so i rotated it out to examine how the gas passes through the handle and into the gun. I then tried putting it back in but the wire/tube thing that transfers the gas was pushing against the support handle so that it couldn't really screw in straght. I tried, but it got jammed before it could fully screw in and when i connected the co2 tank the next day, there was a leak at the top of the handle. So, thinking it's because it was not completly screwed in, i took a wrench, clamped it around the handle and forced it to screw in (i know, a stupid action ). so it screwed in just about completly but there was still a leak at the top of the handle where it connects to the marker when i connected the co2 tank. Now it is jammed, it requires a wrench to just rotate it and i don't think it is coming out or it is just slightly coming out even though i am unscrewing it the right direction with the wrench.

if anyone has a home solution then that would be helpful, if not i'll just probably send it in to the repair center and hopefully it won't cost too much.

heres a image of my marker:

Last edited by Kwalli : 12-28-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: added img and grammar corrections
Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #10
iliveforthis99
Maher

Might have messed up the threads or the filter got jammed while screwing the reg in thus jamming it. If the threads are stripped or cross threaded you'll probably need to get the vertical ASA and reg replaced. Can you unscrew the reg and get pictures of the threads?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #11
Kwalli

The thing's jammed pretty tight but I'll try to get it out. I'll have pictures up tomorrow if i succeed. Just wondering, when i opened it, i didn't notice any rubber seal/ring. Is there supposed to be some rubber seal/ring to stop the gas from escaping? B/c without it, then won't the gas escape through the minuscule openings?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #12
iliveforthis99
Maher

There should be an o-ring that is i believe the exact same thing as tank o-rings.