pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dye Precision

Old 01-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #21
p8ntbalslaya
Team Fantom

is there going to be a UL frame that can be bought seperate from the '09 version?

p8ntbalslaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #22
757eclipse

Send a message via AIM to 757eclipse
i havn't heard anything about it yet but it's not really necissary in my opinion. the 09 slg weighs in at just a few ounces lighter than the older ones and the only real difference between the two guns is the frame. i mean if you want to spend the money just to loose a few extra ounces then more power to you but please believe i am happy with mine just the way it is.

If you pay for your own gear and don't rely on mommy and daddy put this in your sig
757eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #23
p8ntbalslaya
Team Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757eclipse View Post
i havn't heard anything about it yet but it's not really necissary in my opinion. the 09 slg weighs in at just a few ounces lighter than the older ones and the only real difference between the two guns is the frame. i mean if you want to spend the money just to loose a few extra ounces then more power to you but please believe i am happy with mine just the way it is.
yeah i wasn't going to put it on mine, but my friend just got in paintball and he wants to buy everything for his marker, even if it is unnessecary. Of course, his parents paid for everything accept his hopper and pants.

p8ntbalslaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #24
Karaya1

I've had a problem with my SLG's board, namely that the dip switches were covered up by a black piece of plastic so I couldnt access the configuration mode and my marker would only be able to fire on semi-auto.

I've fixed it myself however as I simply carefully cut away the black plastic piece with a sharp knife and there they were - the dip switches. Now its working perfectly and I can switch to any fire mode I want.

Just letting you guys know in case anybody stumbles onto the same issue!
Karaya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #25
supersam08
tomato phone

Send a message via MSN to supersam08 Send a message via Yahoo to supersam08
will any aftermarket rail trigger line up with all the magnets and everything?

"Karnivor is not more complicated to bone than a traditional cocker spaniel"

lol
Team Onslaught
supersam08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #26
Ranana_kils

Send a message via ICQ to Ranana_kils
SLG Information

Ok so right now I have an Evil Pimp, I love it but Im wondering if I should upgrade or not. I kind of want the Proto SLG UL but I cant decide. I mostly play Woodsball, but Im moving more into speedball.
What would you rather have?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #27
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranana_kils View Post
Ok so right now I have an Evil Pimp, I love it but Im wondering if I should upgrade or not. I kind of want the Proto SLG UL but I cant decide. I mostly play Woodsball, but Im moving more into speedball.
What would you rather have?
I'd rather have a Dangerous Power G3-IQ at that price. For $200, get the SLG, for $300, skip the slg ul and get the g3.

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #28
Kweiss213

This might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure. I just recently got a Proto slg and just wanted to know if it was normal for it not to fire for a few seconds after you pull the trigger if you have no paint in it and the eyes are on. I'm just trying to test fire to make sure it works cause I still need a tank a better hopper for it so I can't really fire it yet. Also what would be a good setup for it, trigger sensitivity and BPS ?
Kweiss213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #29
gndmepyon
Nemo

Send a message via AIM to gndmepyon
Bps is going to be based on the Field/Tourney you're playin in. As for trigger that is completely personal preference. Play with it and you find what works best for you.

Btw, new to the Proto forum, coming over from Bob Long. I've got an SLG UL on it's way.

6. We are good at moving our fingers extremely fast in small places
5. We like to slide into our positions
4. We always wear protection
3. We can fire off 100's even 1000's of rounds without getting tired
2. We dont mind getting a little dirty
1. All of us have at least a 10" barrel on us
gndmepyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:01 AM   #30
Uziel Gal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweiss213 View Post
This might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure. I just recently got a Proto slg and just wanted to know if it was normal for it not to fire for a few seconds after you pull the trigger if you have no paint in it and the eyes are on. I'm just trying to test fire to make sure it works cause I still need a tank a better hopper for it so I can't really fire it yet.
The eye system is actually there to stop the marker firing unless there is a ball in the breech. As such, no, the marker will not actually function normally unless you are feeding paint in to it.

Neither will the marker work normally if you just block the eye to simulate there being a paintball in place - that would work for one shot, but only one shot. The eyes also look for the bolt opening and closing between shots - if the eye is blocked constantly, then the marker assumes that the eye is broken or dirty, as it never sees the difference between the bolt being in the forward or back position. The marker's board decides there is something wrong with the eye, and so drops the rate of fire.

In order for the marker to work as it should - with the eye on - you need to shoot paint through it. Otherwise, just turn the eye off.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #31
Kweiss213

Ok, thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
Kweiss213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #32
Da'dtou-di
Cataclysmic and prolific

Quote:
Originally Posted by di$TOrTed View Post
I'd rather have a Dangerous Power G3-IQ at that price. For $200, get the SLG, for $300, skip the slg ul and get the g3.
I've been debating between these two lately (just got rid of a VS3). What are you getting for the extra $100 in the SLG UL? I love the G3, but if there's little reason to get the UL, then theregular SLG seems like a bargain with only fractional gain in weight.

"A turbo works like this - exhaust gasses spin a turbine, witchcraft happens, you go faster"

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationaryÖ thatís what gets you"
Da'dtou-di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #33
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da'dtou-di View Post
I've been debating between these two lately (just got rid of a VS3). What are you getting for the extra $100 in the SLG UL? I love the G3, but if there's little reason to get the UL, then theregular SLG seems like a bargain with only fractional gain in weight.
You get the different milling and the UL frame. That's basically it, I believe there are a few other minor differences but you wouldn't even notice them. You are basically paying $100 more for looks/grip feel.

The UL frame is composite by the way not metal

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #34
adamballa12

Help

my proto slg has the bleed button come out when i enter the air but when i push the bleed button in all the air starts to some out of the back cap. is my blled button suppose to go in. Any suggestions
adamballa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #35
BLNDPBB8Y

If u hav no air or took out ur tank it should go in. If u hav air it should go in amd come back out. XD.
BLNDPBB8Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #36
adamballa12

but i push the bleed button in when the air is in and all the air starts to come out the back cap
adamballa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #37
bradthelegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamballa12 View Post
but i push the bleed button in when the air is in and all the air starts to come out the back cap
the bleed button comes out when the gun is gassed up to prevent you from unscrewing the back cap when the gun is pressurized. it's a safety feature. once you remove your tank, you can press the bleed button to purge the system of any leftover air, or if you wait 5 or 10 minutes, the gun will do this itself, and possibly scare the crap out of anyone within 10 feet of you.

so basically, yes air does come out when you press the button with a tank attached, because they don't really want you to press the button. it should stick out when you're playing.
bradthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #38
laxfreak25

Send a message via AIM to laxfreak25
what is millenium psp and nxl mode?
laxfreak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #39
quinn mckay

08 and 09

what were the new features from the 08 to 09 proto slg.... plz need help
quinn mckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #40
Super64

Would a 2008 model be ok instead of a 2009/10 model?
Super64 is offline   Reply With Quote