pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > SP-1

Old 05-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
chardy86

Best Barrel for the SP-1?

What is it? gonna buy one just wanna know what i need thanks

Let me Know
chardy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
SavageBall666

i really like stiffi's and find them very accurate but i dont know if it will fit past the shroud i havent put a new barrel on my sp-1 yet. if your going for the tactical look smart parts make the 16 and 20 inch barrels but i would really actually call them 14 and 18 because the last two inches is just for looks i guess or i think it might supress sound a little bit
SavageBall666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
iliveforthis99
Maher

Get a nice barrel kit like a Evil Pipe, Powerlyte Scepter, or something to match the gun a J&J Edge kit.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
willisjdeck15

hey does anyone know if the jj full tilt ceramic barrel is any good, and if it will fit the shroud?
willisjdeck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
iliveforthis99
Maher

Nice thread jack.

J&J barrels are pretty nice.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
HeAdShOt08
"uh oh!" said the docter!

Im goin lapco since my budget is low and i want a nice barrel

"Did you say to look out for snakes on the field?"

BEST NOOB COMMENT EVER
HeAdShOt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
HeAdShOt08
"uh oh!" said the docter!

oops sry this thread is old didn't see

"Did you say to look out for snakes on the field?"

BEST NOOB COMMENT EVER
HeAdShOt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
svinyard

What about a Palmer Brass barrel? I'd like a 16in barrel but I have heard the Tactical ones from SmartParts are picky with paint...that is something I definitely dont want to deal with.
svinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
iliveforthis99
Maher

PPS barrels are really nice from what i've heard if you don't mind paying that much for a one piece barrel. Don't get a 16" barrel though, they are useless and are more of a hinder then doing any good.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
Six_Shooter

I've used a couple Freaks with my SP-1. Both borrowed until the local shop gets more Freaks in.

I'ver looked at other barrels, like the J&J, Stiffi, Deathstix, Python and have decided for me the Freak is the way to go.

I almost bought the Deathstix, due to the reverse thread between the sizer/back and the front, the sizer can't get stuck in the breach/shroud. The Stiffi has a short sizer and am concerned about the front seperating from the back upon attempted barrel removal.

A friend of mine bought the J&J for his SP-1 and seems to like it.

The Python I have the same concern about the back staying in the breach/shroud when removing the barrel. There are also only 5 sizers available.

The Freak also has the most available inserts/sizers I've seen, at a pretty inexpensive price, I could also make custom sizers on my Grandfather's lathe if I feel the need to.

If I ever change markers or buy another one that doesn't share the same thread I only need to buy one back, not another complete kit.
Six_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
svinyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveforthis99 View Post
PPS barrels are really nice from what i've heard if you don't mind paying that much for a one piece barrel. Don't get a 16" barrel though, they are useless and are more of a hinder then doing any good.
Interesting, so no 16in then. Well I really just don't want to have to deal with paintbreaks etc. Thats what I like about the SP1 is that low force bolt alongside a good barrel thats not breaking anything. I'm not sure if a barrel kit/inserts are the way to go or a good brass palmer...or I guess something cheaper. Someone suggested a Winforce barrel. Maybe a J&J would be fine...I just don't want to deal with breaks all the time as the fields make you use their own paint but sometimes its just trash.
svinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #12
iliveforthis99
Maher

With 16" barrels the chance of a paintball breaking is sightly higher i believe because of the length. Personally i'd rock a CP or J&J one piece on them, great barrels for only about $30. Then again i've been happy with using my Ions stock barrel on it. If can afford a kit they might be something to look into but they are not needed.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #13
highflight1985

iliveforthis99,

Can you post a link to the exact listing from an online dealer of the CP and/or J&J barrells you're referring to. Newb here and can't make heads or tails of how to determine if a barrel is compatible.

Thanks...
highflight1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
iliveforthis99
Maher

SP1's use Impulse/Ion threaded barrels. actionvillage.com has Ceramics. For some reason i'm having a hard time finding CP barrels in Imp/Ion threads, i know they make them but no one seems to carry them right now.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #15
Klim0009
EVERSOR

http://customproducts.us/

CP has ion threaded barrels straight from there site.
Klim0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #16
.Destroy.

i liked the stock barrel, i was using super hideously awful paint, and still it was more accurate with the stock barrel than with my 16 linear barrel. the freak is a great system if you have the cash
.Destroy. is offline   Reply With Quote