pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > SP-1

Old 04-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
Murmer
MuRmEr

Exclamation SP-1 Gas Leak

i got an sp-1 like 3 months ago and i use co2 and i am aware that it is normal for it to leak a bit out of the area under the handle and the hose but now its leaking really fast out of what sounds like under or near the trigger/trigger guard. i dont wana send it in and idk what to do.
Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
iliveforthis99
Maher

Take it apart and check the airlines and air connections. Might want to check the bolt and reg o-rings while you're at it.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
Haha I can understand you not wanting to send it in. Such a pain.

Do what iliveforthis said, go through the manual and slowly take it apart and look for anything damaged/out of place.

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
Murmer
MuRmEr

i dont wana send it in cuz i dont wana pay for shipping and i use the marker alot and id much perfer to just get instructions to fix it myself rather than send it in and hav to use my backups guns til i get it back
Old 04-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
either 1. one of the proprietary orings on the air thru board pins is worn or missing.
2. one of the board microlines is cracked,worn,to short or to long.
3. noid is blown

however all of these fixes will need to be sent in to repair. the oring needed if it is the case isnt included in the parts kit or the SP1 oring kit that u purchase seperate. hoses or noid problem has to be fixed by SP
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
moe371

Had the same problem. I did send it back and they said the air pressure was set to high on the gun being the problem. Lower the pressure and make sure it is set to co2 and not hpa. That will cause the dwell to be set to high also.
Moe
moe371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
Murmer
MuRmEr

holy crap dude u fixxed it. it works now. see people thats why i posted this before i decided to send it in. moe here just saved me like 20$ and 2 weeks without the marker. thanks moe
Old 04-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

hmm weird.. if the pressure was too high it'd be venting out of the reg area. ive never seen or experienced it through the trigger area. Unless it was no the wrong air source setting, which Ive never tried.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
Old 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
Murmer
MuRmEr

eh... now we kno
Old 04-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
Fang11

how do you change the different air setting thing?
Fang11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #11
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

On the bottom of the foregrip/regulator, there is a screw that adjusts the pressure going into the marker. The farther out the screw is, the higher the pressure.

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #12
Fang11

so u think if i have a leak coming out by the grip or trigger i should lower the pressure ur sayin?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Try that first and see what happens.

My feedback

Old 04-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #14
Fang11

alright ill give that a shot and get back to ya probably by tomorow
Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #15
Fang11

i think im just gonna send it in, now it makes that beaping sound again. But every time i call they dont answer when they should be open. anybody know how much it will cost for shipping and they repair it for free right?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #16
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

shipping should be about 8-15 depending on shipping method. repairs are free. Id suggest lowering pressure, changing the battery.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
Ziie

One of my friends had the same problem and lowering the pressure fixed it, doesnt even leak "a little bit' like it did before. Check that and you might could try taking it to the local pro shop and see if they know a few tricks of the trade.
Ziie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:43 AM   #18
moe371

Fang11 you already sent the gun back.
moe371
moe371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #19
Fang11

i havent yet