pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > JT USA

Old 06-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #81
Rambo's Son
User Under Fire

Why is my 3.5 draining batteries so fast that i cant even finish a match without it going dry. could it be a technical woe or do i need a high class rechargeable instead of a duracell ??? this is making me crazy!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #82
xenoslicer

i've been looking to get a new bolt for my 3.5E, it eats o-rings so i'd like to get a delrin anti-chop one, well i was checking out this site where i usually get my gear and they had a few spyper ones, i assumed that they'd fit since most part are interchangable between spyder and jt but i asked them and their response was that none of them will.

well, i saw that you've written that most spyder bolts will fit and since i dont really think they know what they always know talking about where i asked i thought i might aswell ask here

they had these four different ACS bolts,

1. Raven Nexion, Spyder Pilot, Spyder TL-X och Spyder TL-R
2. Spyder Fenix
3. Spyder E-99, E-99 Avant, Spyder Flash, Flash w/ LCD, Spyder Rodeo, Shutter, Xtra, Spyder Aggressor, Aggressor XT, Spyder TL och TL Plus
4. Spyder Imagine, Spyder Esprit, Spyder Victor och Victor II

are there any special spyder model you know will fit or can i get whichever?
xenoslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:22 PM   #83
triton2
paintball addict

Send a message via AIM to triton2
Is the tac-5 a good marker tell me please
triton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #84
zdmechanic

I am curious as to what type of valve hammers and valve setups themself will fit the excellerator 3.0 and 4.0 models, since the hammer and valves on the 5, 6 and 3.5 are smaller. Also, does anyone know if there is a buttstock that will fit the 3.0/4.0?

(edit: nevermind, i think older spyders have a similar valve hammer.)

Last edited by zdmechanic : 04-25-2007 at 12:56 PM.
zdmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #85
R.M.S
R.M.S

Send a message via AIM to R.M.S Send a message via MSN to R.M.S
Question Cromprssed air tank

Hey...I just got a used JT 5.0...can I use crompressed air in it? Does it effect the performance in an way if I do?
R.M.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #86
zdmechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.M.S View Post
Hey...I just got a used JT 5.0...can I use crompressed air in it? Does it effect the performance in an way if I do?
Go for it. If anything it'll work just as well as Co2, if not better.
zdmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #87
M Factor

Hello, I'm new to these forums but down to the point, this is the only JT USA forum I'm hoping I can ask questions about my Tac-5m Recon. If so I was wondering where I can get metal internals (bolt, striker pin, power tube etc.) If I'm allowed to ask this question please help me out, if not disregard this post.
M Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #88
xpowertripx

JT 3.5e Info from a beginner.

1. O-Rings - The 3 orings on the bolt should be checked especially if the gun is shooting hard and loud like my was when I got it 2nd hand. Was shooting 450 PFS and taking limbs off trees. I replaced the 3 on the bolt and now it shoots about 230 max with 3000 PSI Air Tank. Much safer.

2. Dissasembly - Use the guide for the JT 3/4 on page one if this thread. Many thanks to those who posted it

3. Common Problems - Won't fire or stops fireing, bolt is stuck or sticking, will not cock or dry fire - Solution. Take apart your gun and clean your bolt, polish and then oil well. Ensure orings are in good shape (usually break one of mine removing from bolt before polishing). Remember this bolt is exposed to the elements and dirt, paint, moisture etc get's in easy.

I had cleaned my bolt and re-installed (without oil) and gun was fine. At a scenario I put about 300 rounds through it and the bolt seased up almost solid from friction/heat and lack of oil. I removed it, oiled it, and installed it again and then it worked good the rest of the day.

4. Battery Life - A Duracell E2 lasts me the day usually 2000+ shots, I only have semi-auto.

5 Gun won't fire when trigger pulled - Check your grip and make sure you didn't turn your electronics off with the palm of your hand. This happens to me all the time and it sucks!

6 Gravity fed Hopper Problems - The viewloader that came with mine didn't work well for me, I found that it started to seperate at the bottom, I would see a lot of stuck/broke balls and was in-consistant especially when shooting fast. I had an extreeme rage in stock so I took it apart, cleaned it (watch the spring don't fly away) and it works well. I haven't drilled any holes in my feed neck yet and I can fire almost as fast as I can pull the trigger now (with good paint).

Stock barrel seems to be dead on within about 20-25 feet. After about 30 starts to become a tricky shot. Try to chrono this gun where it wants to be, not maxed out. Go for consistant pressure even if it's only 240 if it's steady and not in-consistant it's worth not having 280 FPS on your first shot only.
xpowertripx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #89
paintman119

Does anyone know of any trigger upgrades for the JT Tac5? I bought it a few months ago before I really knew about all the differet types of guns there are out there. I just wanted a gun to play with, however I have realized my choice wasn't too smart. I'd like to be able to go auto for woodsball without spending all the extra money for a new gun. Anything will help thanks.
paintman119 is offline   Reply With Quote