pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 08-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #21
Elite virus
Painballer

With a 2-4 man squad thats patrolling or looking for the enemy, always send a pointman in the front. The pointman should be quiet and have quick reflexes. The pointman will trigger most newbie ambushes and quickly tuck for cover, while the others behind will move in and work angles on the player who set up the ambush. Keep the pointman about 10m ahead of the others and the last man should frequently be looking back. Move 12-19 meters at a time and stop and take long stares and scan the area.

This line is in rememberance of the MS paint thread click it to remember.

"Our arrows will blot out the sun"
"Then we will fight in the shade" - 300
Elite virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #22
DeltaOne

I'm Canadian and I use a full CADPAT material (canadian disruptive pattern), this works great for summer conditions and I feel is much better than MARPAT.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #23
Blacksheep
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Blacksheep Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksheep
Depends on where you are; MARPAT is better overall whereas the Canadian version works better for plain woods...it's a bit too light.
Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #24
BloodLustDE
A5 Owner! WOOT!

Great tips guys, i really appreicate all the effort you put into helping us noobies. I do have some questions, on things i didn't see; Capture the Flag.

That's primarily what my friends and i play in the woodsball. What are some good strategies for ctf? Send everyone on offense? who should defend? is it better to wait on them or be aggressive? any help would be appreciated.
BloodLustDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #25
blades7558
SasQuatch

I find sacrifice is the best way to attack a base have one guy who doesn't mind pain blatently run up to the door/ wall where ever the attack will take place. and then every one follows guns ablaze *** the defenders pop out to shoot the first guy. by the time every one reaches the wall youv'e gotten closer to the objective then just toss your grenades or rush every one into the room.
blades7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #26
Marshal Davout

I've read alot about stealth on this thread. Please explain to me how to move through thick brush and not make noise. I've noticed on the commercial fields where I play there are no areas of thick brush to start with. Even on a field 200 yards square teams of 12 to 25 use the entire field. Paint balls and foot traffic have removed most of the small branches and small bushes. Once you start moving through the heavy brush area you start making it not a heavy bush area. How do you see where you are going? What do you do when you stumble over the other guy hiding in the bush? Feel like a fool? Everyone knows not to fire from a bush but fire into a bush. Your range is limited to several feet if you are lucky but anyone firing at you can still hit you with heavy splatter.
I tried this once at a different field. The place was full of thick brush with small trails everywhere. The regulars there couldn't understand why anyone would want to move through the bushes. Because of this the bushes were thick as a wall, couldn't see more than 10 feet. I came face to face with the other team and we both got each other. Big whoop. We were making so much NOISE trying to push through virgin growth, between our breathing and grunting and trying to KEEP OUR MASKS ON we never heard each other. Not to mention we had ZERO effect on the game. Unless you have all day to take and so large a field that teams are not setup at a double arm interval from left tape to right tape then go ahead and do the things posted above. If you play paintball at a commercial field most of these stealth ideas will not be useful.
If you go out into the woods sit and listen for a while. You will hear cracking and popping. If there is a breeze you will hear trees rubbing against each other. Dead branches fall. Animals scurry about. Now have someone go with you and have them try to sneak up on you while you close your eyes. See how close they get as they walk at different speeds and stealth levels. Open your eyes and see how close they got to you. If they are in good range to hit you with a paintball gun consider yourself dead. Now do this again but first sprint 50 yards and have your mask on. Listen to what you can hear now.
I've walked up behind my own team talking out loud saying "friendlies on your six!" and "Where are they?" and I have to repeat myself and almost yell to be heard. If they can't hear me when I'm just 10 yards away talking to them and wanting to be heard do you really expect them to hear the other team that is more than 3 times as far away? I've never heard the enemies balls rattling in a pod while playing. Water sloshing in a canteen? Really? What did you bring the water on to the field for if you are not going to drink it? Am I supposed to drink the whole canteen all at one time? Again have someone take half a canteen and go 45 yards away and just start walking towards you and find how close they have to get to you before you hear the water.
Noise and light discipline means no metal on metal clinking and no shinny reflective materials. I know some very good woodsballers and stealth is not a priority unless they are playing a sniper in a scenario game.
The creed is Shoot move and communicate, not Hide and hug the ground.
Marshal Davout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #27
cynthia0305

thanks for the tactics..it would be a great help to me..
cynthia0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #28
JohnMarshall12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose87 View Post
another thing i notice that they tend to do is get jumpy and shoot to early and give away thier position.
I second this one. Happens all the time.
JohnMarshall12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #29
dubpaintball

Great thread Blacksheep! I learned a lot! A must-read for newbies.

Thanks also to the other guys for posting their tactics.

My favorite paintball sniper rifle supply.
dubpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote