pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dragun / Odyssey

Old 06-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
wulf1010
LoonWulf

Send a message via Yahoo to wulf1010
Dragunfly Manual

Hey everybody. you have DarkeWolf to thank for scaning this manual and emailing it to me. You also got goose_u69 to thank for requesting it.

If any of you would like me to email you a ziped folder with all infol listed below, please Pm me and ill send it right over.

Owners Manual

Warning!
This marker is not a toy. Misuse may cause serious injury or death. Eye protection designed for paintbal! use must be worn by the user and any person within range. Recommend at least 18 years of age to purchase, 14 years of age to use with adult supervision, or 10 years old to use on paintball fields meeting ASTM-Standard Fl 777-97. Read operation manual before using.
Warning!
Never shoot at anyone without the proper protective equipment for the eyes, ears, throat and head, which must be worn at all times. Eye protection must be designed specifically for paintball use. failure to follow these safety precautions may result in bodily injury including blindness and deafness.
Rules for Safe Paintball Marker Handling
1. Always wear proper eye, face, and ear protection designed specifically
to stop
paintballs.
2. Never shoot a person who is not wearing proper protection.
3. Treat every paintball marker as if it were foaded.
4. Never point a paintball maker at anything thing you don't intend to shoot.
5. Keep the paintball maker on safety until ready to shoot.
6. Keep the barrel plug in the makers barrel when not shooting.
7. Always remove gas source before disassembly.
8. Store the paintball marker unloaded and degassed in a locked place.
9. Follow warnings listed on the gas source for handling and storage.
10. Never use anything other than .68 caliber paintballs.
11. Do not shoot fragile objects such as windows.
12. Paintballs may cause staining of some porous surfaces such as brick, stucco, and wood.
13. Always measure your markers velocity before playing paintball.
14. Never shoot at velocities in excess of 300 feet per second.

Operating Instructions

1 .Turn on Marker: Note: Marker should turn in SAFE mode. If it is not you will need to place it in safe mode before any further operation
2. Cock: Cock marker by pulling cocking handle back fully until locked in sear position.
This is a semi-automatic marker which will re-cock itself after firing when working correctly.
3. Attach Gas Source: Marker can be used with a constant air refillable cylinder (not included). You should expect better gas efficiency with a larger refiilable tank.
4. Load Paintballs: (1) Insert paintballs (not included) in port or (2) attach hoppeKnot included) and fill with paintballs (Not included).
*Note- Paintballs should be stored in a cool, dry place in a sealed bag or container. Do Not subject paintballs to freezing, excessive heat, humidity, or store in direct sunlight.
5. Eye Protection: Make sure that everyone within range (200ft.) is properly protected from paintball impact by wearing proper eye protection.
6. Remove Barrel Plug and turn off safety.
7. Verify Velocity: Make sure the paintball marker's velocity is below 300 feet per second.
8. Fire: The paintbal) marker is now ready to fire.
Setting Up your Dragunfly Marker
Note: Some or all may or may not apply depending on weather you have purchased an electric or mechanical Dragunfly.
The Dragunfly is designed to operate on high pressure air. Using Co2 with this marker is not recommended. The input pressure should be set between 300-350 psi. (for electric) and 200-250 (for mechanical). Because the dragunfly does not come equipped with a regulator, you will need to purchase one to operate the marker.

Velocity Adjustments

1 .Set the input pressure to 300-350 psi and check your velocity.
2. To change the velocity, remove the cocking rod from the back of the marker.
3.Turn the velocity plug with an alien wrench clockwise to increase the velocity.
4.Turn the velocity plug counter clockwise to decrease velocity.
5. Replace the cocking rod and check velocity again.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 until desired velocity is achieved.
7. Always check with your local field for a copy of their rules of play.
If you have any questions about set up or service of any of our markers please contact our tech. Department at 1-866-6DRAGUN. <- Phone # doesnt work anymore!
Electronic Trigger Frame
Your marker is equipped with an electronic trigger frame featuring a liquid crystal display. It has several different settings and display modes including electronic safety, game timer, shot counter, and battery level. It also has actuation capability of up to 20 balls per second. The defining feature that sets this trigger frame apart from it's competition is it's revolutionary, external adjustable solenoid and sear. <- the part about the lcd and 20 bps doesnt apply if you have an LED. the LED is capped at 10 bps.

Battery Installation

The trigger frame is powered by a 9-volt battery
(alkaline recommended) not included.
To install the battery, remove the left grip panel on the trigger frame. Plug in the battery to the battery connector and insert into the trigger frame. Note: Be sure ail wirers are tucked into the frame and cannot become trapped between the trigger frame and the grip pane!. Secure grip panel with pane] screws.

Activation

In the activation instructions:
A= Top Button B= Bottom
Press and hold B for approx. 5 seconds.
Your marker should turn on in safe mode. If not press and hold A
for approx. 5 seconds.
Press A one time to release from safety mode.
Firing Modes: Press A repeatedly to scroll through firing modes.
When the desired firing mode is reached, press B one time to activate. Then press A until you achieve the rate of fire you wish to use. Press B one time to set.
Shot Counter Mode: After you select and set your desired rate of fire, press B two times. This will display your shot counter. Press A two times, the shot counter will blink showing the current number of shots. Press A once again. This will reset the shot counter to 00000.Pressing B one time you will return to your current firing mode. Press B once again to set.
Game Timer Mode: After you have reset the shot counter press B two times. This will display the game timer. Press A one time. The display will begin to blink. Continue to press A until you reach your desired game time setting. Note: pressing B after you set the game timer will return you to firing mode, and the game timer will be activated, counting down irom your selected game time. After your game timer has timed out the marker will return to safety mode.
Power Mode: While in firing mode press B four times. The display will read "Power Auto Off". While this mode is activated the marker will automatically shut off after 30 minutes of non-use. Press A one time the display wilt begin to blink. Press A again and this will change the marker to "Normal" power mode. If you wish to set the marker to this mode press B one time. Note: In normal power mode the marker will remain on until manually powered off. It is recommended that you keep the marker in "Auto Power Off" mode to conserve battery life.

Adjustments

The electronic trigger frame may require adjustment as the distance between the striker and the sear may vary from one marker to another.
Complete the following steps to adjust the trigger frame:
1. Loosen locking adjustment screw
2. Unscrew sear adjustment screw until flush with trigger frame body.
3. Turn trigger frame off. With no air attached, set to fire mode.
4. Cock marker by pulling on bolt.
5. Pull trigger, if bolt releases re-cock and repeat step 5 4-5 times, if marker fires correctly , attach air and repeat step 5. If marker continues to fire correctly, tighten locking adjustment screw. If the marker does not fire correctly see step 6
6. If the marker did not fire correctly in step 5, turn sear adjustment screw clockwise 1/8!h turn. Repeat step 5. If the marker still does not fire correctly, continue to adjust the sear adjustment screw 1/8lh turn and repeat step 5 until marker fires correctly. Note: Remember to tighten locking adjustment screw when the adjustment process is complete.
My PBN feedback

Last edited by wulf1010 : 06-14-2005 at 08:57 PM.
wulf1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #2
wulf1010
LoonWulf

Using a Regulator

Your paintball marker may or may not come equipped with a regulator, which will allow you to shoot either Co2 or compressed air/nitrogen. (If your marker did not come with a regulator, use this guide as reference when you add one to your marker.) The regulator supplied, or other regulators, can be used on all models. It is important to properly use and set your regulator to get the most efficient use of Co2 or air, also for the safety and well - being of the user. Please follow these instructions on the care of your regulator and on adjusting the settings.
I) The regulator has been preset for optimum use at the factory. This is an ideal pressure setting both for Co2 and Nitrogen. How ever you may wish to adjust the regulator to a setting of your choice.
11} To adjust the pressure you must first completely depressurize the regulator. First remove the Co2 tank or high pressure air tank. Air is trapped in the regulator. Dry fire your marker between 5-7 times to release all air out of the regulator.
Ill) Remove the hex nut from the regulator. Insert a pressure gauge.
IV} Unscrew the bottom cover. Then using a coin or a screwdriver, carefully turn the screw counter-clockwise until it easily will turn by hand. Turn slowly a couple of more turns, but be careful not to unscrew completely,
V) Keeping the regulator turned away from your body or anyone else, insert the Co2 or compressed air tank. The gauge should read 0 (zero}.
V!} To reset the air pressure on the regulator, slowly turn the screw clockwise, watching the gauge at all times. Continue adjustment until desired pressure is achieved. WARNING: do not set pressure above 950 psi
VII) Replace the bottom cap. You may leave the gauge in place or take out and replace with the hex nut.
NOTE: If you accidentally set the pressure too high, you must start troiTi the beginning to re-adjust the pressure.
Caution: if you accidentally unscrew the adjustment screw completely, interior components of the regulator may fall out. You should take the regulator to an authorized technician for replacement of the parts. Be sure interior parts are replaced in order, according to the diagram on the schematic.

Trouble Shooting

Problem Possible Cause Remedy
Gas leaking down barrel Cup Seal/Valve O-ring Replace the cup seal/valve O-ring
Gas leaking out of fore-grip Fore-grip O-ring Replace fore-grip 0-ring
Marker will not fire Not cocked Cock marker
Out of air Refill tank
Tank not fully screwed in Screw in tank
Broken paintball shell Remove The bolt and clean
Dead battery Replace battery
Marker fires erratically Weak battery Use only premium batteries as suggested by manufacturer
Sear out of adjustment Adjust sear as stated in manual
Low air pressure Refill tank
Striker O-ring Replace striker O-ring
Low Velocity Weak main spring Replace with heavier main spring
Shortened or cut main spring Replace main spring
High Velocity Main spring too stiff and/or long Replace with lighter main spring

General Reminder
Your Paintbal! marker is not a toy. It should be used only by adults or under proper adult supervision. Respect other people and do not use this marker to destroy or damage other peoples' property. When using your marker, obey ail local, state and federal laws. When entering a field, become aware of all rules and regulations.
Before taking the Paintball marker on holidays or transporting it through public areas, such as airports, or bus and train stations, call ahead for regulatory information regarding the carrying and transportation of such item.
My PBN feedback
Old 06-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
wulf1010
LoonWulf

Parts list/Schematic

My PBN feedback

Last edited by wulf1010 : 06-15-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:26 AM   #4
Jaster
The one and only

great job!
--------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by GranDreamUse the search, Luke.
Originally posted by Lopez17It's really quite amusing to see the difference between talent and ego
Originally posted by teufelhunden You'd think stickies are there to make the forum pretty...
Originally posted by Killer Kat: Don't feed the Jaster from your hand! He bites!!
Originally posted by cocker kid 2k2 :Shut your trap while the big boys are talking.
Originally posted by Homer:Jaster is the Master.
Originally posted by iplaynaked:This....is the Jaster. All I'm going to say to you about him is....don't make him angry.

--------------------------------------------------
Red to Black Texas Storm, WAS2.8 Board, WAS Switch, KAPP Thumper Ram, BL Delrin Poppet, Violent Products Delrin Piston, CP Rail, Modified Stock Bolt, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Empire on/off, AKA Sidewinder reg, Clamping Low Rise, Flame Eye Covers, ScytheII Trigger.
Red/Yellow Fade LP Classic Timmy, Bob Long Torpedo Reg., Claw Trigger, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Modified Delrin Bolt, CP Flame Drop Forward, Empire On/Off, WAS 2.8 Equalizer bd., WAS Eye, WAS Switch, Twisted Low Rise, Custom Red Oak Grips
Pure Energy 45/45 and 68/45 12" STIFFI Barrel, 14" CP 2 Piece, Red Halo B

WANTED: Ripper Timmy body. PM me if you have one you want to sell or trade.
Jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:31 AM   #5
wulf1010
LoonWulf

Thanks for the Sticky Jaster.
My PBN feedback
Old 06-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #6
DarkeWolf

Thanks to Jaster for the sticky! Thanks for helping us to help out some of the guys/gals here in the dragun forums

also wanna make a note about the way that Wulf posted the schematic. If you click it, let it load, and then click it again, you can get the full-sized version of it. (Edit- 5-20-06: Loon's host is all screwy, so the schematic isnt available on their site anymore. If you scroll down a little bit further, down to post #11, I hosted the schematic with Imageshack and posted it in the thread, a while back.) (Edit- 9-18-06: I now have the files hosted online at my website- http://www.adrive.com/public/c9c3cf2...725c9ace9.html where you can download them from there. If you should happen to have any problems with the site, or downloading them, feel free to PM me and let me know. I'll be more than happy to send them to you via email) NOTE- You have to be using a browser that has scripts and java active.

Another note about that manual. Its printed for a LCD Dragunfly, even tho, it came with my LED Dragunfly. So somethings may not be all the same. Like shifting thru the fire settings.
For the fire settings, to the best of my knowledge, we've got Safe, (red light) Semi (green light) and Automatic (combination light).
If anybody knows how to adjust the bps on an LED, please post it

---Dragun T-1 Green--68/4500 DXS--evo2 w.Z board--RMR KillStick--CP Reg--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue--68/3k crossfire--evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--44mag+QEVs -- SCM3-AKA Sidewinder---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black ---- Dragun T-1 Black-- Parts ---
A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com
www.scenariodreams.com Evo2 Battery Door Mod

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 03-11-2008 at 12:08 AM.
DarkeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #7
DarkeWolf

ok, I just wanted to throw this in. For anybody that does an LED to LCD board conversion on one of these. One thing you are going to need to swap out is your grips. Otherwise you are NOT gonna be able to see the lcd screen.
Nobody sells these new, so you are either going to have to get them off of a new marker, or find somebody that is parting them out.
Dragun TES grips will NOT fit. The hole for the bottom screw is on the wrong side of the grip, and there is NOT enough room in the gripframe to drill and tap a hole there.

DragunFire and Black Dragun grips SHOULD fit. I have a set of dragunfire grips on my dragunfly that I upgraded. Drallion grips will fit, IF you can find somebody parting one out.

Here is a thread by TESballer, that is really good for knowing which parts of them are cocker compatible, and which ones are not. It also lists a few suggestions for upgrade parts- http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337479

---Dragun T-1 Green--68/4500 DXS--evo2 w.Z board--RMR KillStick--CP Reg--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue--68/3k crossfire--evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--44mag+QEVs -- SCM3-AKA Sidewinder---

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 05-19-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:06 AM   #8
half-step

Thanks to wulf1010 sending me the zipped manual, I did convert it to pdf format.

If anyone is interested in the pdf (adobe) version, the link is in my sig.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Jam Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamping Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
half-step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:35 AM   #9
Nunekin666
Night Lords

Dragunfly grips

OGI has grips for the dragunfly, at $18 a side
but on the bright side the grips off of a gameface EREX will fit perfectly and they have a window built in for the LCD

TRUST IN CHAOS

Prove your a nonconformist send me money for no reason
Nunekin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:34 PM   #10
DarkeWolf

The Official Video!

I was looking over some of my old burned backups, and came across Dragun's Official LCDDragunfly vid. Since dragun's site is no longer online, and this vid is no longer accessible for viewing, I figured that I would go ahead and put it on the web, and make it a part of the manual.

Disclaimer- this is NOT my video. I did not make it, I am not in it, I didnt have anything to do with it.

http://media.putfile.com/Dragunfly-LCD

Old 12-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #11
DarkeWolf

loon, I noticed that your host is no longer servicing that thumbnail. please edit your post to include this new one on imageshack

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 02-26-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #12
belongcyl

That was a great help....Thanks alot....
Old 10-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #13
greenrent

Nice post...Thank you very much!!......