pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 04-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #181
nj18

Check with the US military!

Does anybody live in Lake County IL.? PM me!
nj18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #182
smokingwrenchs
Spanky

Spanking Tactics

use cover, & mabye it's just my style but shoot and keep moving on the enemy and don't let up. If there is a tree closer to the enemy get behind it at a distance and sprint up behind it and pop out low this seems to work very well for me and I usually get a surrender & hear that I dissapered and then just popped up and scarred the hell out of the person!
smokingwrenchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #183
{raiders} pb
{raiders} captain

stealth!

i prefer stealth and patince. what i ussualy do is find the highest place with a good balance of stealth. like a rooftop or tower with mesh or something. if you get really good with stealth and you get the right equip. you will never be spotted again. i have gotten training from navy seals so i have an edge. i mean if you get good enough its insanehow stealthy you are. ive been steped on 6 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:03 AM   #184
JordanJP

I've got a few tips for you guys..only read to page seven or so, please don't kill me if these have been posted before.

I'll give a few examples in my limited paintball experience/Army ROTC training.

1. We had a squad of about 9 people split into two elements- a squad leader, and two teams of four each with a designated team leader (Alpha/Bravo). We were going uphill and into the sun (HUGE no-no, avoid it if possible) when the opposing force had set up an ambush on top of the hill, divided into two elements:

X= us
O= them
--- = hilltop.

TTT= cover (scrubby, low-lying bushes)

OOO OO OOO
TTTT TT TT TTT TT T TT T T
---------------------------------------------------
TT TTT TT TTTTT
TTT TTT TT T TTTTT TTT X
XX XX X X X

What happened? We maintained suppressive fire. By utilizing the people on the edges of the formation as suppressive fire/support, we were able to eliminate six of them while only taking two losses ourselves. The females on my team (yes, females!!!) managed to sneak around my side and put fire on them from their left. Then, the three enemy on the right all jammed their guns (tippmann 98 Cs) at the same time, resulting in one of the females scoring two "kills" and with myself scoring one kill by getting a guy directly between the eyes.

Morals of the story:
1. Use suppressive fire, cover, and formations to your advantage.
2. You may not have mics/walkie-talkies or whatever, but communicate. We are taught to stay at least 5-10 meters away from the people on our right/left in the event of a sniper, mortar, or grenade. This also allows us to be able to see hand signals when they are given.
3. Psych them out. Once they already know where you are, there really isn't any point in hiding anymore. YELL. It could make the difference between them thinking that there are two of you, versus them thinking there are six of you. We are encouraged to be loud once the enemy has engaged, unless given orders to the contrary (i.e. stealthily flank while other team is getting fired upon.)

Another example is that when we played last week, it was just a drill- we weren't issued paintball gear except for masks, while the instructors did have their guns ready to go. The point of the excercise was to react to small enemy units/sniper fire. I was too close to a teammate and one ball ended up splattering her and getting me right in the face mask (thankfully, it wasn't real life, otherwise she'd have had a graze wound and I would have been missing half my face.) We then had a friendly cross our line of fire, which resulted in him getting friendly-fired upon.

Lessons here are:
1. Keep your spacing. Yes, that bush may be the only cover for 30 feet, but don't bunch up behind it. One person, one piece of cover (assuming it's doable.) Teammates suppress enemy while you make a mad dash for another bush so the other team doesn't score two kills with one stone.
2. KNOW WHERE YOUR TEAMMATES ARE AT. Even if you are wearing armbands and such, it may be difficult in a heavy firefight to know whether it's a tango or a friendly. NEVER cross your teammates' lines of fire.
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #185
rocknroll101

FLANK FLANK FLANK!!! if you can get behind the enemy, and take more than 1, and perhaps more than two angles on them, YOU HAVE A HUGE ADVANTAGE. I was paintballin like a week ago. It was 5 vs 5 in a woodsball game. i let 4 guys fight their 5 while i took out their flank guard and got behind them and lit up 3 more of their guys. the final guy was taken out by one of the other 4 guys on my team, but we dominated the battle, winning 5 to 0!!! Flanking is probably the biggest tool i use in paintball, but only do it if you're an agressive player and you want to take the chance of getting cornered if your teammates don't distract the enemy well enough, or if they catch on. Another big thing is knowing when to guillie up, and when to use cover. GHILLIE SLOWS YOU DOWN LIKE CRAZY!!! do not use it if you're going to get up in everybodies face. you will get owned. I carry a homemade ghillie around with me to 24 hour games and i wear it when the time is right; when your job is to guard something, when your base is being attacked, and when your doing SOME special ops or recon missions where you don't have to be able to move fast so much as stay hidden. ghillie is a great thing, but do not where it all day if your expecting to be and up close player. that's all i got for now... send me a message if your interested in my sig!!!

ALSO i have an 18" alluminum alloy sniper barrel in tippmann thread for sale! send me a message if your interested!!
rocknroll101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #186
mooser

Pop up...shoot...move
mooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #187
Johnny Frank
Tippmann_Phanatix!

What i like to do is go off by myself or take at the most one person wiht me and make a wide flanking move to get around to their backs. granted ODDLES of players anticipate this but when i (or when anyone performing this flanking move) decide to pull this manuver there is really little one can do to stop it. it is KEY though to let the rest of your team play as per usual, that way the enemy wont think anything is up untill you're up on their blindside and have them trapped in a crossfire.

Another thing i like to do is take risks. i'll have two players (who use automatic long range guns) lay down a base of fire and i will move up under it as close as possible. anyway the basis of this is laying down a steady base of fire then moving your team up. works like a charm.

This is my Rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine......

Slainte
Johnny Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #188
Orpackrat

I typically am one of the bigger guys that can lay suppressive fire with distance and noise to draw the other team attention as well as range them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Frank View Post
What i like to do is go off by myself or take at the most one person wiht me and make a wide flanking move to get around to their backs. granted ODDLES of players anticipate this but when i (or when anyone performing this flanking move) decide to pull this manuver there is really little one can do to stop it. it is KEY though to let the rest of your team play as per usual, that way the enemy wont think anything is up untill you're up on their blindside and have them trapped in a crossfire.
Depending on the field and number of players, I will on occasion break away from being a gunner and take a lighter mag fed system. Making myself blend in and having my arm band on my right arm (harder to see when I hold my gun to my side), I will walk with my gun pointed down, to the far right flank of the game, random walking (but towards the rear/side of the OT). Most of the time, they don't think anything of you. At no time do you ever put your hands up. If they raise their guns to me, I will rarely raise mine back as it usually results in getting shot up. Its usually a test to see if you are friendly or not. NEVER do a DEAD MANS WALK, NEVER PUT YOUR HANDS OR GUN IN THE AIR. You can typically get to the side or back of the other team and start working your way forward with shooting them in the back or barrel tagging/knifing. Lots of fun when it works, if they catch on, try working from the other side, This works especially well if you have only a pistol that is in your pocket or a holster. If you look like your unarmed, you have a better chance of success.
Barrel kit backs ................
Modified Apex tip ..............
Fully Upgraded Cyclone .....
450 round hopper .............
Super RT .......................
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluShift View Post
I'm tempted to add this to my signature....
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #189
ems
Body bagged

grenades... use em' and abuse em'
ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:27 AM   #190
spearhead
Dr. NO: Neutral Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll101 View Post
FLANK FLANK FLANK!!! if you can get behind the enemy, and take more than 1, and perhaps more than two angles on them, YOU HAVE A HUGE ADVANTAGE. I was paintballin like a week ago. It was 5 vs 5 in a woodsball game. i let 4 guys fight their 5 while i took out their flank guard and got behind them and lit up 3 more of their guys. the final guy was taken out by one of the other 4 guys on my team, but we dominated the battle, winning 5 to 0!!! Flanking is probably the biggest tool i use in paintball, but only do it if you're an agressive player and you want to take the chance of getting cornered if your teammates don't distract the enemy well enough, or if they catch on. Another big thing is knowing when to guillie up, and when to use cover. GHILLIE SLOWS YOU DOWN LIKE CRAZY!!! do not use it if you're going to get up in everybodies face. you will get owned. I carry a homemade ghillie around with me to 24 hour games and i wear it when the time is right; when your job is to guard something, when your base is being attacked, and when your doing SOME special ops or recon missions where you don't have to be able to move fast so much as stay hidden. ghillie is a great thing, but do not where it all day if your expecting to be and up close player. that's all i got for now... send me a message if your interested in my sig!!!
3 teams (red, yellow, and my blue team) last year's woodsball game: When we chanced upon the red team, our team got pinned down by their egrip users. So i went flanking around at the right, took out a red team's left flanker (who was flanking at our right flank obviously), came back to our position, then went back again to flank the red team for the 2nd time and went behind their team without noticing me. Took out one behind the tree at my left who was facing back at me, then took out 3 more remnants of the red team taking cover behind the bushes at my right.

In all, 5 red guys in 5 min to finish one opposing team, and 15 min since the game started. Despite using only a semi-auto X7 M4 Carbine, my top ghillies from military surplus store helped me a lot to blend and quickly flanked the red team behind the bushes.
spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #191
pinkpandora

Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject.Thanks so much for sharing.
pinkpandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #192
Franklin Co. PB
Since 2009

We usually split our team up in two and split up. Then we have one team go a bit earlier for recon and then the other usually split and flank while recon provides a distraction.

I also like to use gray or green smoke to cover myself when heading through brush. Noise gives you away but they are going to waste paint trying to hit you if they cant see you.