pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 07-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Gun Name

Picture s Have Arrived

*Update*There will be a few very expensive versions of this gun, but for undisclosed reasons, the gun will be prodced so that the customer will only have to pay the bare minimum, the quality of the product will not be sacrificed in any way though. i am hoping to be able to set the stock msrp at around 500$, and hopefully even lower. thank you

Okay people, hi it's me. Time to unravel (almost) all my little secrets (well, most of them at least). now i know i have told a select few of you ( ) what i have been doing for the last couple months, but now i will tell all.

First off though, why post this in the impulse forum? well, what i am about to tell you about uses (at least the prototype does) an impulse's ram and hammer assembly, and because the only reason i was able to come up with it is because people in this forum, really only FOM and Dr J, have helped me with info about threads and such i can assure you almost no one else would have other wise known.

Okay, here it goes... For the last three months or so i have been developing my own gun. basically i have come up with two gun designs that no one has ever made before. they are very similar, but they are different. like i said, they work nothing like any other gun out there, but if you wanted to compair them to something, the sft shocker is the closest thing to them, even though it still isn't much like em'. here are some non-specific specs:

Updated!!!!

--Input pressure: 100-300psi
-Solenoid Input pressure: 50-90psi (no chopping thought with the lvl10 like piston)
-Stock LPR System
-Breach Sesor: Reflective sensor, internally mounted, with an adjustible delay
-Trigger: 25gram microswitch
-Electrical Power Sorce: 1 Common 9volt; lasts aprox. 10,000 shots
-Gas Power Type: douple regulated co2 (not including lpr) w/ an anti syphon kit installed on the asa and the tank's valve or normal HPA/Nitro
-Fire Modes: Semiauto, programable Bursts, fullyauto, and response
-Board: tournament legal locking system (two antivibration dip switches)
-Barrel type; autococker
-Ajustible dwell: yes, between 5 and 100 milliseconds
-Feed Tube Type: impulse threads
-Ball detent Type: impulse threads
-On Off Switch: embeded flip type on/off switch
-Readout/LED: a led that that blinks when the gun is fired
-Bolt/Internal/Body Material: Bolt=Titanium, Ram=Titanium, Internals=6061 aluminum, body=7075 aluminum, trigger frame (and intigrated asa)=7075 aluminum
-Stock Barrel: any barrel can be purchased with the marker upon request, though it comes stock with a oe piece out of house .693 barrel with porting
-Valve: none
-Hammer: none
-Bolt Pin: none
-Volumizer: none (required)
-Bolt style: The SOB bolt kit comes standard. The SOB bolt get about 1400 shots from a 68ci, 4500psi tank. It makes the gun function much like a closed bolt gun (meaning it is as if the valve is not held open like a normal open bolt gun).
-BPS Maximum: has been tested to go to 48bps and is going to go even higher (the tests were done with heavier than normal all aluminum internals)
-Length: 0.75 inches more than an impulse, about the same as an led angel
-Hieght: 5.5 inches from bottom of the grip frame to the top of the gun
-Width: 1.25 inches
-Three way adjustible trigger (post travel, pre travel, and micro swithc activation point) w/ 100% no slop

by mid august is am going to post many many pictures here in the impulse forum, and if you want to see it in action, you can send me 5$ for a dvd (don't ask now, i'll remind you when the time comes you can buy them).

oh yeh, the reason for posting this was to get you guys to help me out on something; although i have made a "rolls royce" or paintball guns, i haven't been able to come up with a good name yet. here is what i need from you, what would be a good name for my gun. think of this as a contest. the wining name gets a free dvd of the gun in action.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 05-24-2005 at 08:00 PM.
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:46 PM   #2
AR55 MtM

Since we are talking about inventing things I made a board for my revy that can spin up to 20bps. I got a friend who's an engineer
AR55 MtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:47 PM   #3
AR55 MtM

As for a name call it, your screen name or something that way your name will live on forever
Old 07-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #4
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
i don't think toothpastdog is a good name for a gun... maybe i could call it "G-Unit", but if i did, no one would get a free dvd...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 07-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #5
paintballmonkee
Professional Tato

Send a message via AIM to paintballmonkee
How about, the T.P.D Spanker....

Yeah, I know, it sucks, but that was off the top of my head...

Guns: Green 98Custom, late model Imp-in-progress.
paintballmonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:03 PM   #6
toothpastedog

i would rather call it the Mona Lisa than anything that is related in any to the word tooth-paste-dog...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 07-08-2004, 07:04 PM   #7
AR55 MtM

Whats your name in real life? I will come up with a good name before I leave for good.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:05 PM   #8
paintballmonkee
Professional Tato

OK, then what about the Mona Lisa Spanker....j/k

Old 07-08-2004, 07:09 PM   #9
srgross

Send a message via AIM to srgross
I wanted say thanks for the GREAT info, I give this a 10 of 10, I am a member of several owners groups, but the info given here is Tops!
srgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:13 PM   #10
toothpastedog

any name suggestions? my name, in real life is mike (the G )

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 07-08-2004, 07:28 PM   #11
paintballmonkee
Professional Tato

Im just coming up with random things, so sorry if the blow...

'Envision'...but thats too close to the 'Vision Eye' thing...
'The Vice' If it had a red paintjob on it, then maybe 'Ifrit'
'Impostor'

Old 07-08-2004, 07:41 PM   #12
1 Evil Package
I Kill Suckers

Send a message via AIM to 1 Evil Package
How about the ever fatal, the momentum, or the untitled.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:44 PM   #13
toothpastedog

Quote:
Originally posted by paintballmonkee
Im just coming up with random things, so sorry if the blow...

'Envision'...but thats too close to the 'Vision Eye' thing...
'The Vice' If it had a red paintjob on it, then maybe 'Ifrit'
'Impostor'
oh sh***, "Envision" sounds really good, you might get the dvd. i will enounce the winner when i post the pics of the gun in about mid august.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 07-08-2004, 07:45 PM   #14
Hyperballin
THE DOWN COAST BALLER

Send a message via AIM to Hyperballin
ENFORCER
ECLIPSE
BEAUTY
PENATRATOR
SMOKER
ROKER
UNTOUCHABLE
FUTURE
FUTURFIED

HAL0 2 IS THE STUFF!
IF you play x box live hit me up my name is
Bluewango 35 legit foo! or Greg Hastings Max'd
Hyperballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:47 PM   #15
toothpastedog

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyperballin
ENFORCER
ECLIPSE
BEAUTY
PENATRATOR
SMOKER
ROKER
UNTOUCHABLE
FUTURE
FUTURFIED
two things,

1-i like "envision" more
2-nice choice with the chromed feed tube

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 07-08-2004, 07:48 PM   #16
paintballmonkee
Professional Tato

Quote:
Originally posted by toothpastedog

oh sh***, "Envision" sounds really good, you might get the dvd. i will enounce the winner when i post the pics of the gun in about mid august.
Sweet. And good luck with building them. I can't wait to see the finished product. Just the specs sound awesome!

Old 07-08-2004, 07:54 PM   #17
rhchilipepper4
Answer then Spam!

Send a message via AIM to rhchilipepper4
This is off the top of my head but it sounds cool, The Desolator.

This is the Artshark Memorial..... We miss you Art!!!

member of the Anti-Art Club! PM me to join!
members-Me, ImpYa, Lucky7, Kowz_76, ShadowWalker, DirtMcgirt, yoda101, shoebag2000, CnCmaster4life, sonnemann, Spartan 2, NASimpy, lilnate91, penguins_r_kewl, Drift or die86, greenshoes3, paintballer334, alouba, azazal, QuiksilverMV, I.A.O.A.B
rhchilipepper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:03 PM   #18
nos911
Killing Machine

Send a message via AIM to nos911
Triple M: Mike's Muppet Mower
Tha G Thang
ORGG: Official Resident Gangster Gat

All of em are corny as heck, but I figured why not. And they kind of go with the whole "gangster" thing you got goin on.
nos911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:06 PM   #19
1 Evil Package
I Kill Suckers

Send a message via AIM to 1 Evil Package
Unraveler, Impact, the Squatter(LOL) or the G-Gun (iono i have some corny names cant compete with the envision. the box, the bloody tampon, the rejection, the social outlaw, the misplaced corpse.(wait thats my bands name?)...strange (not a name) THE UNTITLED
Old 07-08-2004, 08:27 PM   #20
Hyperballin
THE DOWN COAST BALLER

Send a message via AIM to Hyperballin
You dont like PENATRATOR

how much are these guns gonna cost?

HAL0 2 IS THE STUFF!
IF you play x box live hit me up my name is
Bluewango 35 legit foo! or Greg Hastings Max'd
Hyperballin is offline   Reply With Quote