pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 03-24-2004, 06:40 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
All About Rat Jr.'s

Well, due to the fact that everyone is asking everyone else about the Rat Jr. (rjr for short), I have decided to make another post to explain to all what it is so y’all don't have to bug us about it anymore.

Do Rjr's come with vision?
-NO

What does a rjr look like?
-Well, by now I would have though you would have the skills required to find a simple picture on the internet, but since you might not, here is a link to a picture of a silver rjr with an optional HFV

First off, where can you buy a rjr?
-Well there are two sites you can order em' from www.e-paintballoutlet.com (epbo for short) and www.ratguns.com (although www.ratguns.com now is just the same site as epbo’s).

What colors do they come in?
-Right now, they come in Silver/Gray, Black, Red and Blue (all of them are Dust Ano’s).

Are rjr's vision ready?
-Yes, and epbo will install it for free if you buy it when you buy the gun.

Is a rjr efficient?
-Yes, not extremely efficient, but you definitely won't have any problems with efficiency issues.

How much do they cost?
-The basic rjr comes with a Tapeworm, High Volume Front Cap, Smart Parts Progressive Barrel, Stock Ram & Valve, Blade Trigger, “New” Cricket Board, a Vertical MaxFlow Reg, Voodoo Delrin Bolt, Strange Titanium Bolt Pin, Smart Parts Sticky Grips, and a Brass Hammer. That pack costs 525$.
-The next rjr is called an rjr college pack 1, and it comes with all the same goodies, except it also has a VFF (which is really a HFV) installed. It costs 550$.
-The next rjr is called an rjr college pack 2, and it comes with the same parts as the normal rjr, but with a LPR installed on it. It costs 575$.

Why buy a rjr?
-Well, because it is the best impulse value out there, and will probably always be. Normally a stock impulse with the parts on a normal rjr would cost 550$+/- and with an rjr you get all that, plus cool milling, free coloring and the best customer service out there.

I saw this video of a guy shooting like 30bps with rjr, can mine to that to?
-No yours cannot, and unless his has a genesis board or a W.A.S. board (which I doubt), his cannot either. Stock (just as you buy it), the rjr can do 13.7 bps, and if you upgrade to vision, it will be able to do 20bps.

Does co2 work on rjr, or can you only use hpa (commonly called nitro)?
-Well, you can use co2 on a rjr, but I would only recommend it if you have an anti-siphon kit installed on it that would prevent liquid co2 from entering the gun. Even though HPA will work much better on a rjr than co2 will, co2 w/ an anti-siphon kit installed on it will perform quite nicely and make any paintball enthusiast drool over its performance.

What kind of barrels does an rjr use?
-Impulse barrels

How is the trigger on the rjr?
-Just as you want it to be. Since it comes with a blade trigger, you can have as short, and as light a pull as you want-it is fully adjustable.

What pressure does the rjr operate at?
-Anywhere from 120-180psi, although it can go up to 250psi, I wouldn't dare suggest it. If you have a VFF/HFV installed on it (college pack 1) the gun should operate at about 120-150psi and if you have a LPR installed on it (college pack 2), the main gun's pressure should be about 200psi and the bolt's pressure should be about 60-80psi.

Is it worth buying a rjr with college pack 1, or 2?
-Go to http://pbreview.com/forums/showthre...311#post1899311 and decide for your self. i would say college pack 2 is better because paying only 50$ more for a New Designz LPR kit is an amazing price, not to mention it'll worth the best out of the three rjr packages available.

I've heard I need to use an on/off with my rjr or the solenoid will get messed up, is this true?
-Well, yes and no. If you don't have some sort of on/off on your air system (an on/off on a drop forward for instance) you could over pressurize the solenoid due to turning the air on to quickly thus destroying the heart of the gun. The rjr will work great with out an on/off, but I would still suggest buying one.

What will I NEED to upgrade when I get my rjr?
-Well, you won't NEED to upgrade anything. no matter what setup you buy, all the nessisary upgrades are already on it and the only things I would suggest are a halo (or fast hopper), a good barrel, and a HPA tank.

I think that pretty much covered it, but if there is anything else, just ask.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 08-16-2004 at 07:59 AM.
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Send a message via AIM to master_chadwick
i believe this is sticky matierial

(i'm really kicking myself for not buying a Rat Impy...........seriously)
master_chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:00 PM   #3
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
at least you bought an impulse, eh?

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 03-25-2004, 08:50 AM   #4
elementsk8r

Send a message via AIM to elementsk8r
you write some nice articles on imps toothpaste.

nice job

stock impulse
blade trigger

soon to come:
rat factory internals
elementsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:27 AM   #5
Calebd2
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Calebd2
Going in Ultimate Sticky, good work.
Calebd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:00 PM   #6
BallerBros

Yeah nice writing Mike & thanks for helping me get my gun perfect the way I want it.
BallerBros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #7
toothpastedog

anytime

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 03-25-2004, 06:56 PM   #8
1Speed
':.Feel the Rush.:'

congrats! good job now hopefully we won't have to see thread after thread of RJR questions

*My Setup*

Silver RJR
NDZ Blade Trigger
Voodoo Delrin Bolt
Tapeworm
Ti Pull Pin
SP Sticky Grips
CP 2" Lightning Drop
CP Crome On/Off
---------------------------------------
Smoke Halo B
CenterFlag 68/4500
1Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 05:06 PM   #9
Hyperballin
THE DOWN COAST BALLER

Send a message via AIM to Hyperballin
?

IS the rjr capped at 13.7 bps?

HAL0 2 IS THE STUFF!
IF you play x box live hit me up my name is
Bluewango 35 legit foo! or Greg Hastings Max'd
Hyperballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #10
toothpastedog

reread the faq, yes the stock board in the rjr is capped, like all other stock impulse boards at this time, at 13.7 bps.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 03-30-2004, 02:37 PM   #11
hoodrat
lotsa love

thanks!

mike I don`t understand why you agreed with justin on why I don`t deserve the 20$. and I`m just saying this to be truthful but now you got on my bad side. so let this be a warning.
hoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:47 AM   #12
BallerBros

Wo where did that come from ^^^^^^^^
BallerBros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:44 AM   #13
nos911
Killing Machine

Send a message via AIM to nos911
Quote:
Originally posted by BallerBros
Wo where did that come from ^^^^^^^^
The Spam can.
nos911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:07 AM   #14
toothpastedog

i tutor him, but he is pissed because he wasn't doing well in school and some of his stuff was taken away.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-30-2004, 06:54 AM   #15
AR55 MtM

so they do come with vision some site sadi it did not
AR55 MtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:55 AM   #16
SuperBeaner
We Are Not Scaremongering

Send a message via AIM to SuperBeaner
RJr = no vision*
*Unless you order it, then yes, and they'll install it, otherwise no, but then it'll be a little more than those prices
Old 04-30-2004, 06:22 PM   #17
toothpastedog

it's updated for the vision question, although i had kinda answered it before.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 05-01-2004, 03:44 AM   #18
nitrofreak12
Xbox Live HyperRabbit

Send a message via AIM to nitrofreak12
anyone got some pics. those websites dont have pictures that u mentioned. i mean i wanna see wut my 500bucks is gona look like before i get it
CIP Unimount-Chrome
12" .689 CP 2 Piece Barrel-Chrome Back & Blue Front
Dye Sicky 3's-Blue
Q Loader
Nitro Duck 45/4500-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboi
Fighting on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
If you find Ion owners way too stuck up for no reason put this in your sig
nitrofreak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 09:10 AM   #19
toothpastedog

check out the pictures listing post, and i bet you will see a couple rjr's, and if you want just check out my pics of my late rjr-come on man, it's not like it's that hard to find pics of rjr's.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 05-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #20
toothpastedog

here is a link to a pic of a silver rjr with an optional hfv off of epbo's website: http://e-paintballoutlet.com/0803rjrcolyr1slv.jpg

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting