pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 06-05-2004, 03:20 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Info On Cleaning Your New First Love

Oh, howa yall don'n? Well, even though there is another thread on this topic that is very well done, I have seen a lot of people wondering: "Okay, I know how to clean my impulse, but when should I clean it?"

Before you go on, read this

-How often should I clean what part(s) my impulse?
Well, after each day of play you should clean off your entire gun using a damp cloth or napkin (not soaking wet, just wet enough to get paint and dirt of the gun's body) that has a solution of 1/3 rubbing alcohol and 2/3 water.

Once you have cleaned the body and externals of the gun we have to focus on the most valuable parts; the internals (even though the outside of anything is pretty damn important; I mean, who really can go without any bling bling?).

If you are still using your stock bolt, that is the most important thing to clean. To clean it, just use the same solution you used to clean the outside of the impulse to clean it. Make sure you dry it thoroughly! Then put a thin layer of dow33 lubricant (which I will refer to as grease, but only use dow33 corning lube on your impulse) and make sure to thoroughly cover each o-ring on the bolt with grease too. Also clean the bolt pin, but you don't have to grease it or anything-in other words, just clean the bolt pin off, don't grease it.

If you are cool like me you will have gotten a delrin bolt by now. if you own a delrin bolt, never wash it in water or alcohol and never put grease on it, just take it out, wipe it off, and put it back in. delrin bolts are meant to have a dry surface, which makes them frictionless; if you put a little grease on them they tend to slow down (even is they only slow down a tiny tiny bit, it is still better not to use grease on them).

Once you have finished with the bolt, it's time to move lower. Now take out your hammer assembly. While holding the back of it, pull the hammer forward-by doing this you expose the ram shaft. Now wipe off all the excess grease from the ram shaft and put a thin layer of grease back onto it-do not wash with water or alcohol or anything, just wipe of the grease that was on it and put a thin layer back on.

Wipe off the hammer with a dry towel or napkin, but do not put any lube on the hammer.

Now, before you put the hammer assembly back you will have to clean/grease it too. Now, while push the hammer back so the ram is no longer exposed. Hold the hammer assembly lengthwise between your thumb and your index finger and cover the hammer assembly's three o-rings with grease. Also put some grease in those little holes (that were drilled, not scratches) you see scattered about the hammer assembly. You also might want to put a little grease on the hammer assembly's threads, just to help it go in easier. Now put the hammer assembly back in the impulse.

Now we move on to the valve. If you have a RIP valve, Evil valve, or a Function valve, you will never have to clean your valve. If you have an eclipse valve kit, or a stock valve, you will have to clean it though. You can do this by removing the valve cap on the front of the impulse, pull the spring out, and, with needle nosed pliers, pull the delrin valve out. then, once the valve is out clean it off (no water or alcohol), put some grease on the valve's o-ring and then pop the delrin valve back in. then, put the spring back in (so that the spring is resting on the lip of the valve), then screw the valve cap back on.

Now, Iím not going to tell you how to clean your solenoid or change your solenoid gasket because I don't want any of you trying to and ending up breaking it-not to mention it shouldn't really ever need to be cleaned. If you need to get it fixed/clean take it to your local proshop and they'll do it for you, or if you live in Los Angeles Iíll do it for free.

Okay, now to get to what you should do when. If you want to do all of the above after each day of play, be my guest, it sure as hell won't hurt your impulse!

After each day of play do the following:
-Clean (and lube if you still have a metal bolt) bolt and bolt pin
-Clean (and lube) ram
-Clean (and lube) hammer assembly

After each 10,000 shots:
-clean valve

Okay, hoped that helped.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 06-05-2004 at 03:42 PM.
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #2
The7thDragon
Im a Moron

Send a message via AIM to The7thDragon Send a message via Yahoo to The7thDragon
come on people

an impulse is not the hardest thing to maintain
03' Rat #00287

Quote:
Originally posted by exhale
Dynasty gets on my nerves. They always win. Im sick of it. Petition for Dynasty to use Brass Eagle Talons.
The7thDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #3
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Send a message via AIM to master_chadwick
People wouldn't need this if they just read their manuals, but i contradict myself cause i'm part of the reason my noid broke.....kinda

(inhales) do i smell some sort of , oh , whats the word....Sticky? as if you didn't have enough already TPD

If you haven't read it Read it now
http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ.html

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:
Originally posted by lewdogg21
I love when our big guns come out and produce real factual information that you can learn from. Man, I feel like master chadwick is moses right about now. SHOW ME THE WAY THRU THE DESERT!

TPD, you can be his pack mule. lol
master_chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:56 PM   #4
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Quote:
Originally posted by master_chadwick
People wouldn't need this if they just read their manuals
then again, it seems 1/100 people read their manuals and actually understand them-those sorts of people requested this so here it is.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 06-05-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:20 PM   #5
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
I actaully read the manual online before i even had my imp lol
Old 06-06-2004, 12:25 PM   #6
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Send a message via AIM to master_chadwick
Quote:
then again, it seems 1/100 people read their manuals and actually understand them-those sorts of people requested this so here it is.
I suppose that is true..

If you haven't read it Read it now
http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ.html

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:
Originally posted by lewdogg21
I love when our big guns come out and produce real factual information that you can learn from. Man, I feel like master chadwick is moses right about now. SHOW ME THE WAY THRU THE DESERT!

TPD, you can be his pack mule. lol
master_chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:48 PM   #7
toothpastedog

Quote:
Originally posted by Awhislyle
good for you, your one of the hundred that hopefully knows what he's doing-and you seem to know your **** so...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-06-2004, 08:19 PM   #8
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
I sound like i know alot for not even owning an imp eh?
Old 06-07-2004, 08:53 AM   #9
toothpastedog

really, you don't own one, not to shabby...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-07-2004, 11:24 AM   #10
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

ok.. yeah I own one, but i havent been able to play with it for like 8 months and i really want to, im gonna play on friay AND sunday this weekend, maybe even saturday too
Old 06-07-2004, 06:05 PM   #11
exhale
I <3 Toothpastedog & SP

Send a message via AIM to exhale
Quote:
Originally posted by Awhislyle
I did this, but I also had a thread with toothpastedog where iIwould ask a question and he would respond. The thread was like 4 pages long before I went on vacation.
NDZ Equilizer Bolt
NDZ Halo B No Rise
NDZ Ti Pull pin
NDZ Detents
Dye Stickies
45/45 Crossfire

I LOVE TOOTHPASTEDOG <3
I LOVE DR. J <3

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...pagen umber=1
http://www.akalmp.com/stickers-1.wmv
Quote:
Originally posted by gusdog849
Quote:
First of all its the EQUALIZER board not WAS
Quote:
Originally posted by toothpastedog
yeh, stop smoking pot or slamming heroin and use your god damn drug money to buy a nitro tank...
exhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:06 PM   #12
toothpastedog

Quote:
Originally posted by exhale

I did this, but I also had a thread with toothpastedog where iIwould ask a question and he would respond. The thread was like 4 pages long before I went on vacation.
yeh, i remember that, good times...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 10-30-2004, 02:58 PM   #13
Six Feet Under
Less $ than a drug addict

Send a message via AIM to Six Feet Under Send a message via Yahoo to Six Feet Under
Arrow

Wow, this helped me a lot! In fact, I saved it all and printed it. Thanks again man.
Six Feet Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:38 AM   #14
toothpastedog

glad to hear it

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 01-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #15
codered

Ya this is very helpful, just one question, do you ever need to clean the solenoid, because in the manual it says to clean the spool valve. Also are you sure your not supposed to clean the RIP valve at all? Im not doubting you toothpastedog, but i just dont want to break "my first new love"
codered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:15 PM   #16
ikey

no the RIP valve does not need cleaning, and dont mess wiht your solinoid unless it is leaking because most of the time people break thier solinoids trying to clean them.
ikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:25 PM   #17
codered

ok thanks, but im not going to break the solenoid trying to clean it, i have already done it and i did just fine. Thanks tho
codered is offline   Reply With Quote