pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 11-04-2004, 05:31 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
All the LPR Info You Will Ever Want to Know

General

About LPR’s: An “LPR” is a low pressure regulator that, when setup properly, will separate the solenoid’s air source from the valve’s air source while also lowering the solenoid’s operating pressure while simultaneously allowing the valve’s pressure to be raise. When properly setup and tuned, almost any lpr will give any impulse at least 200 more shots per fill. on the stock impulse, an lpr setup will give you 300-500 more shots per fill. Pretty much any lpr will greatly improve your impulses performance-the only lpr that really stands out from the crowd is the Akalmp SCM lpr. Any lpr will also make any impulse more consistant and it will enable it to shoot a lot faster with no shoot down.

About Valve Caps, VA’s, and LPR Nipples: Even more so than with the lprs, all these will give you exactly the same amount of performance. No one is better than the other as far as performance goes. All that you should consider when buying one is which can you get for the cheapest, and/or which one you think looks the best.

LPR Kits: There are three kinds of lpr kits for the impulse: Normal Cap/LPR/Nipple Kits, Cap/LPR Unit Kits, and One Unit Kits. There is also a VA kit. The Normal C/L/N kit is made by Smart Parts (see Smart Parts LPR). There are two C/L unit kits: the New Designz/ANS kit and the Function LPR kit (See ANS Jackhammer LPR and Function LPR). The only One Unit kit is made by Evil (see Evil Respirator). The only VA Kit is made by SPC (see CVS VA).

-You cannot use a VFF/HFV or a Tapeworm/GP Valve with any lpr setup.

-An lpr nipple is not a tapeworm.

-You CANNOT use an lpr on an impulse w/o an lpr nipple.

-Any lpr that you can use on a cocker that has 1/8 National Pipe Threads (meaning any cocker lpr except Hypbrid's and System-X's lpr's will work) will work as a lpr for an impulse.

-If you own an Adrenaline Impulse, contact Adrenaline (www.buypb.com) for info about installing/buying a lpr/kit-installation for you and parts parts will be a bit different.

-To properly mount a lpr on a VA, you need to move the PRV to the rear of the impulse.

-An lpr does literally nothing for bolt stick aka FSDO.

-Make sure you are properly acquainted with how an impulse works, and specifically what different air modifications do.

Low Pressure Regulators:

PPS Rock LPR –Very good lpr, the standard lpr by which all others are judged. Blow off valve built into the lpr that will blow if the pressure going into the lpr gets to high-uses when the lpr is used with an impulse because the PRV, or if you don’t have one, solenoid, would blow first. Externally adjustable by an allen key. Price- About $50.00

PPS Micro Rock LPR –Same as normal rock, but without the blow off valve. About 2/3 of the size of the normal Rock. Externally adjustable by an allen key. Price- About $45.00

KAPP Rhino LPR –Good lpr. Externally adjustable by a hand knob. Not tourney legal under any circumstances. Price- About $35.00

WORR Tickler LPR –Very compact with consistancy it is hard to beat. Externally adjustable. Not tourney legal under any circumstances by a hand knob. Price- About $50.00

WORR Adjustible Sledgehammer LPR (aka Outkast LPR) –A little bigger than a Tickler. Externally adjustable by an allen key. Tourney legal. Price- About $45.00

WORR Stock Sledgehammer LPR –Very reliable for price, good all around lpr. Not externally adjustable. Adjusted with an allen key. Tourney legal. Price- About $30.00

Akalmp SCM LPR (I and II models) –Best lpr in the world. It not only has just as high if not higher flow rates than any other lpr, but it is also the only pressure compensating lpr in the world. That means if your inline reg spikes, the SCM lpr is the only lpr that will adjust itself to keep its output from spiking too. Externally adjustable by an allen key. Tourney legal. Price- About $60.00

ANS Jack Hammer LPR –Very very good impulse lpr. The lpr that all other lprs used with impulses are judged by. Very easy to clean, and high flow. Externally adjustible by a knob. Need to buy a locking jackhammer knob made by New Designz or modify it yourself to be tourney legal. Price- About $40.00 Also available in a kit from New Designz; The New Designz Ultimate Impulse LPR combo comes with a new designz lpr nipple, a new designz valve cap and a ANS Jackhammer II lpr. Price- About $90.00

Smart Parts LPR (aka Maxflo or Mini-Maxflo LPR) –Almost exactly the same design as the Tickle. Very good performer and very small. Externally adjustable by a hand knob. Tourney legal. Needs to be regularly cleaned-one of the only lprs i can think of that does. Price- About $55.00 Also avalible in a kit from Smart Parts. Kit comes with Smart Parts lpr, smart parts valve cap, and smart parts lpr nipple.

Evil Resperator LPR –A little tricky to install, this lpr is a unit that encompasses a lpr, a valve cap, and a lpr nipple all in one. Only can be used with an Evil valve, or a RIP valve. For optimum performance you need to heavily modify your impulse. Not suggested. Externally adjustable by an allen key. Tourney legal. Price- About $90.00

Evil Autococker Style LPR –Pretty bad performer, not suggested. Externally adjustable by a hand knob with a hole for an allen key. Boarding on tourney illegal, but you could probably get away with it… if you even wanted to. Price- About $40.00

Mako LPR –Very small, and very poor performer. Worst lpr I have ever seen to date. Not suggested. Externally adjustable by a hand knob. Not tourney legal. Price- About $30.00

MacDev Sonic LPR –Very small and very good performer. Externally adjustable by a hand knob. Not tourney legal. Price- About $50.00

Function LPR Valve Cap/LPR (one unit) –Performs a little better than the Respirator. The Function LPR i tested had a scared valve cavity, which is probably just a minor machining flaw found just in the one is tested, but untill i can get my hands on another one, i can't say for sure. As far as how mine performed, this product isn’t worth buying if you can get another lpr out there, but i don't think it is a really bad performer. Comes with the valve cap and lpr as one unit and a normal lpr nipple on the side. Price- About $90.00

AIM LPR –Pretty bad performing lpr. Not suggested. Externally adjustable by an allen key. Tourney legal. Price- About $60.00

CCM LPR –Very very good flow, very compact, and very reliable. Externally adjustable by a hand knob. Not tourney legal. Price- About $60.00

Dye Rocket LPR –While not suggested, it will work fine. Externally adjustable by a hand knob, and tourny legal. Price- About $60.00

Planet Eclipse DART LPR –Very good performer. Not tourney legal. Externally adjustable by a hand knob. Price- About $60.00

Shocktech FGP LPR –Very good performer. Big, just as big as a Rock. Externally adjustable by a hand knob. Not tourney legal stock, but can buy a new adjustable locking knob for it. Price- About $50.00

Belsales Evolution LPR –Very good performer. Basically a sledgehammer w/ an externally adjustable cap on it. Not tourney legal. Price- About $60.00

Valve Caps and LPR Nipples:

New Designz High Volume Valve Cap LPR Kits (the different styles are all the same) –good kit, big valve cap-which doesn’t help, but doesn’t hurt. Many styles to choose from. Comes with lpr nipple, all the nessisary o-rings, and the valve cap. Price- About $45.00

New Designz High Flow LPR Nipple –Advertised as being a “high flow” nipple, but I notice no difference. Price- About $20.00

Function LPR Nipple –Good nipple, a little expensive though. Nothing ground breaking. Price- About $25.00

Adrenaline Valve Cap (all are drilled for LPR’s) –The best looking-imo. Comes in litterally any color or any finish. Are tapped, but have a screw than needs to be removed under the gel “A” logo on the front of them to be used with an lpr. Price- About $20.00

Adrenaline LPR Nipple - The best looking-imo. Comes in litterally any color or any finish. Price- About $20.00

Adrenaline LPR Cap/Nipple Package –Just as Adrenaline cap and nipple together for a bit less. Price- About $40.00

Smart Parts LPR Nipple (aka Tapeworm for LPR’s) –Cheap, good as any other. Price- About $17.00

Smart Parts Drilled Valve Caps (stock on all 03 and 03< impulse) –Cheap, good as any other. Price- About $15.00

KAPP “Termite” LPR Nipple –Can be used an as lpr of a normal tapeworm. Other than that, not better or worse than any other, except it normally costs a bit more. Price- About $27.00

Vertical Adapters (aka Vertical ASA’s):

SPC CVS –Can be bought in a VFF setup, or in an LPR setup (can be upgraded with an lpr very easily later on from the VFF setup to the LPR setup). Requires a new hole to be drilled in the gun, and is not recommened for most. Extemely good performer though. Comes with a gauge for an lpr output and on for the gun’s input which is very handy. Price- W/O LPR $59.00 and W/ LPR $159.00

Stock VA –As long as you remove the prv or the gauge, it’ll work just fine. Price- About $30.00

New Designz 15* (angled) or 90* (straight) VA –Same as stock, except that you have the choice of angled or straight, and comes in many more colors. Price- About $35.00

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 12-29-2004 at 09:53 AM.
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:34 PM   #2
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

great job toothpaste dog

heh, i rhymed!

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Dark Master

Awesome Post
Old 11-04-2004, 06:06 PM   #4
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Send a message via AIM to master_chadwick
Whoa, Mike, people in other countries need words to you know, you didn't need to use all of them on this

Just messing with you, great work as usuall

(What i posted on PBR..whoa)

If you haven't read it Read it now
http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ.html

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:
Originally posted by lewdogg21
I love when our big guns come out and produce real factual information that you can learn from. Man, I feel like master chadwick is moses right about now. SHOW ME THE WAY THRU THE DESERT!

TPD, you can be his pack mule. lol
master_chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:08 PM   #5
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Quote:
Originally posted by master_chadwick

(What i posted on PBR..whoa)

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 11-05-2004, 01:08 PM   #6
Azn_Boy
The #1 Chinese Chan-Man

u know TPD...u r like trying to make us feel stupid but man u gotta stop makin them so long

†*IMPULSE*†setup:
03 impulse with vision with vert reg + 14 inch stiffi + NDZ blade trigger, flame eye cover + SP twister feed + CP rail with CP on/off asa

Shocker setup:
Pewter Dynasty shocker + Vision + the nerve board(soon to be a dynasty board) + freak barrel + ccm clamping neck + HE bolt + Cp rail w/ Cp on/off + Halo B with z-code
Quote:
Originally posted by Hyperballin
How much paint do you want to use? Are you a snobby rick kid whos parent pays for paint?
azn = asian
Go to this site: pbroom.proboards23.com
Azn_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:32 PM   #7
toothpastedog

yes, err, that was, err, my plan... to make you seem, err, dummbder than i...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 11-06-2004, 04:05 PM   #8
nos911
Killing Machine

Send a message via AIM to nos911
*Inspired by Korndog.
nos911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 12:39 PM   #9
TheUsualSuspect
I'm alowed to be biased

Sticky... Damn it TPD I swear you must whipe your *** with an Impulse owners manual.
Yellow to green fade
Freak (with inserts soon to come)
Halo B "smoke"
Center flag Dynaflow HPA 68/45 Mounted adjustable bottle with CP rail drop.
Smart Parts red bottle cover (My gun is now RASTA! Ha!)
"Q-lock" feed neck.
*SOON TO COME*
Crossed off: 4 item(s)
-WAS board
-CP reg
-RIP valve
-Silk shot

(Insert Random statistics here)
Braided hoses piss me off.
TheUsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:03 PM   #10
Dark Master

I bet he does...
Old 11-16-2004, 07:43 PM   #11
toothpastedog

yes.. err... okay...

updated!

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 12-29-2004, 04:57 PM   #12
Dr J
Truth Seeker, Lie Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Dr J Send a message via Yahoo to Dr J
Thanks for the Update

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUsualSuspect
Sticky... Damn it TPD I swear you must whipe your *** with an Impulse owners manual.
I bet he doesn't for 2 reasons...
1. The SP Impulse owners manual is about as informative on advanced Impulse subjects as it is on how to land a 747 with only 3 engines running.
2. The SP Impulse owner manual is not made on Charmine.

--Important Note!!!--
Many of the 'Cocker style LPRs listed above will have much different performance on an Autococker than they will on an Impulse. For instance the ANS LPR is great on Imps but only an average performer on the cocker and and the Palmer LPRs sometimes do not have the flow required for Imps but Kick major arse on the cockers.

(That's right fools, Doc Jay is back!)
Dr J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:08 PM   #13
TheUsualSuspect
I'm alowed to be biased

Question

It was a joke... ?
Yellow to green fade
Halo B "smoke"
"Q-lock" feed neck.
*SOON TO COME*
-WAS board
-CP reg
-RIP valve
-Silk shot

Old 12-30-2004, 08:58 AM   #14
toothpastedog

naw, Dr. J was totallying being totally seriously totally serious

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 12-30-2004, 04:48 PM   #15
TheUsualSuspect
I'm alowed to be biased

My eyes went crossed on that one.
Yellow to green fade
Halo B "smoke"
"Q-lock" feed neck.
*SOON TO COME*
-WAS board
-CP reg
-RIP valve
-Silk shot