pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

View Poll Results: impulse vision against bushmaster PDS
Impulse Vision 52 40.94%
B2K3-PDS 75 59.06%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 12:21 PM   #1
SNOOPER
Banned

BUSHMASTER vs IMPULSE again :\

VOTE!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:45 PM   #2
cocker kid 2k2

Send a message via AIM to cocker kid 2k2 Send a message via Yahoo to cocker kid 2k2
Whats it matter, if your debating which gun to buy, try going out, finding both and shooting them. They have the same internal design, so dont expect one to be sooo much better than the other since it wont happen.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:43 PM   #3
freakplayer

I would have to go with the Impulse not for awny particular reasons but that I like smart-parts and that I havent seen much things to complain about with the impulse. The bush master is also good but, well....okay but nothing they both are good.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:16 PM   #4
brodude2002
I got 1 mil. post on Pbr!

Send a message via AIM to brodude2002
id have to go b2k3 on this 1. out of the box the bushy will be lighter, have a better barrel, and look much, much, much better than a stock impy. bushys will also require a lot less upgrades to get to maximum preformance unlike the imp. the imp aslo has fsdo and bolt stick, while the b2k3 does not. the bushy also has a 4-way adjustable trigger, unlike that super long pull on the impy. not to mention the b2k3s come with an eye stock and a new vertish frame, for ultimate firing. muahahahahahaha! besides, the bushy will be cheaper. less money than a vision imp, and equal, if not better preformance.

-werd
brodude2002

Last edited by brodude2002 : 01-14-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:17 PM   #5
midknight
LP Junkie

Send a message via AIM to midknight
Gotta say Impulse. You get the benefit of arguably the best regulator on the market, not to mention a great barrel. The gun is so lp to begin with you won't have to worry about chopping even without an eye (i've never had a serious problem with chopping and i don't have vision). I really have no complaints on the trigger, while it is a bit long i can still push 12 bps easy (and a new one isn't that expensive and shoots increcibly fast). You don't really need too many upgrades to make the impulse work great, mainly just a blade and an lpr (both available in the epbo college packs) As for fsdo and bolt stick, proper lubrication will eliminate nearly all of those problems (its usually the gun if that dosen't work). Wow, two very biased opinions in a row.

"You do what you're scared ****less of and then get the courage afterward, not before" - Three Kings

Matrix for sale - PM me for details

Blue Dust Angel Speed
Dye Ultralites, NDZ Volumizer, CiP Feedtube, Shocktech Stumpy Drop, Shocktech on/off bottomline, Crossfire 68/4500 lp, Halo B
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dye Invision w. turbine fan
Dye 2k3 Core Jersey
Dye 2k4 Core Gloves
Redz Dimension Pants
Redz 4.3 Dimension Harness
Old 01-16-2003, 07:29 AM   #6
DeViL
fkr

Quote:
Originally posted by midknight
Gotta say Impulse. You get the benefit of arguably the best regulator on the market, not to mention a great barrel. The gun is so lp to begin with you won't have to worry about chopping even without an eye
b2k3 reg and barrel are great as well. Both guns are LP not just impulse.

both guns are so freakin close. Ive shot both. B2k3 is lighter by far and i like the trigger when it comes to side tapping although it needs a stiffer return spring.

B2k3 looks so much better with the milling and all.

i would say bushy.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:49 AM   #7
PB_Gunner

you can get a vision impulse with a blade trigger for less than what a B2K3-PDS would cost, and the blade trigger has a VERY short pull.
-vert max flow
-AA barrel
-tape worm
-dye grips
-ND delrin bolt
-evlution II
-crossfire 68/4500
Old 01-26-2003, 06:54 AM   #8
PB_Gunner

fsdo isn't that big of a problem and bolt stick doesn't cause a problem unless you are dry firing it, and that can be fixed with a tape worm for only $20.
-vert max flow
-AA barrel
-tape worm
-dye grips
-ND delrin bolt
-evlution II
-crossfire 68/4500
Old 01-26-2003, 07:14 AM   #9
cocker kid 2k2

Send a message via AIM to cocker kid 2k2 Send a message via Yahoo to cocker kid 2k2
Quote:
Originally posted by brodude2002
id have to go b2k3 on this 1. out of the box the bushy will be lighter, have a better barrel, and look much, much, much better than a stock impy. bushys will also require a lot less upgrades to get to maximum preformance unlike the imp. the imp aslo has fsdo and bolt stick, while the b2k3 does not. the bushy also has a 4-way adjustable trigger, unlike that super long pull on the impy. not to mention the b2k3s come with an eye stock and a new vertish frame, for ultimate firing. muahahahahahaha! besides, the bushy will be cheaper. less money than a vision imp, and equal, if not better preformance.

-werd
brodude2002
Lighter, yes. Better barrel, hardly the stock barrel on the bushy is a piece, the progressive is actually usable. Bushy's dont require a lot less upgrades to get the maximum performance, your just saying that since there's a lot more ugprades for impulses out there. The issue of bolt stick and fsdo are a thing of the past for the impulse. You my friend are very unknowledgable about impulses, i would learn a bit more before ya go posting junk like this again.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:57 AM   #10
PB_Gunner

nicely said, cocker kid
-vert max flow
-AA barrel
-tape worm
-dye grips
-ND delrin bolt
-evlution II
-crossfire 68/4500
Old 01-26-2003, 11:59 AM   #11
brodude2002

Quote:
Originally posted by cocker kid 2k2

Lighter, yes. Better barrel, hardly the stock barrel on the bushy is a piece, the progressive is actually usable. Bushy's dont require a lot less upgrades to get the maximum performance, your just saying that since there's a lot more ugprades for impulses out there. The issue of bolt stick and fsdo are a thing of the past for the impulse. You my friend are very unknowledgable about impulses, i would learn a bit more before ya go posting junk like this again.
new bushys come with a CP 2 peice barrel. id say thats better than the proggresive. imps do need more upgrdes than a bushy does to work better. bushy would need a barrel, and a reg maybe, maybe. imp upgrades would be more like, a tapeworm, LPR, new trigger, bolt? (dunno much about imp bolts), slick shot ram, valve maybe and a hammer. seems to me thats more than wut a bushy would need. im not saying imps r bad, they awesome and all, im just saying that if ur on a budget kinda, that a bushy would be better, due to the less amount of upgrades u would need/get now or in the future.

but, if someone really wants a imp and not a bushy, in order to save $$, i would wait until all the new 2003 imps and nerves come out, and then by an "old" tricked out imp for way, way less than what they would be. thats wut im gonna do later, like next fall most likely. u save lots of cash that way.

-werd
brodude2002
Old 01-26-2003, 01:56 PM   #12
midknight
LP Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by brodude2002

imp upgrades would be more like, a tapeworm, LPR, new trigger, bolt? (dunno much about imp bolts), slick shot ram, valve maybe and a hammer. seems to me thats more than wut a bushy would need.
-werd
brodude2002
Too bad an lpr does the same thing as a tapeworm (albiet alot better) and goes in the same place. You really don't need a new bolt, and if you don't have a new bolt you don't really need a new hammer. A new valve is not needed at all.

"You do what you're scared ****less of and then get the courage afterward, not before" - Three Kings

Blue Dust Angel Speed
Dye Ultralites, NDZ Volumizer, CiP Feedtube, Shocktech Stumpy Drop, Shocktech on/off bottomline, Crossfire 68/4500 lp, Halo B
Dye 2k3 Core Jersey
Dye 2k4 Core Gloves
Redz Dimension Pants
Old 01-27-2003, 02:57 PM   #13
genericpaintbal
Team Encrypted

Send a message via AIM to genericpaintbal
Ok ok ok, enough bad mouthing the guns here. I am an avid Impulse, fan. And recently got a 2k3 PDS Bushmaster. And Out of the box, the Bushmaster has the Impy beat.

Impys are bad why?

Number one: Imp guys, stop lying, there are no Impulses that pinch, everybody knows this, don't be retarded.

Number two: FSDO is a problem that still exist in the impulse, but are trying to get fixed, but SP might have trouble with that. ICD fixed it in the 2nd Gen Bushys. Who cares for the customer more there? Maybe the new impy will cure the FSDO. And it is a problem, I've gone through a couple impys and I had two where whenever I came in the bunker it would shoot low. But whatever on that subject. 35-120 dollars to fix.

Number three: Bolt stick, not really a problem. But still, I like to dry fire, rip some air, but a 20 dollar tapeworm to fix it or an LPR setup. Once again ICD took care of this a long time ago.

Number Four: Worst vision system out there. Doesn't see dark paint. Enough said. Can't always pick your tourny paint.

Number Five: Maxflows can be very tempermental, most Impy users will tell you this. It must stay clean and lubed properly. Or you will be SOL. It's also big and bulky.

Number Six: Stock Trigger is crap.

Number Seven: Terrible customer service. Most calls to CS don't matter because your sending it in. And paying the repair shop fees for parts.

Number Eight: Looks, its a box.

Number Nine:Value is dropping considerably.SP screwed imps owners with the new guns, and a new Imp isn't going to help.

Why Are Impys good?

Number one: Price they are cheap. Vision imps are 800 range.

Number two: Decent stock barrel.

Number Three: Maxflow, one of the better regs out there.

Number Four: Upgradeablity. Hey aftermarket parts are awesome. Even if it is cosmetic or required for normal gun use.

Number Five: Popularity. Lots of teams use them, lots of barrels for them. Its a good thing until there are too many impys out there and their value goes down. Hence todays Impy market.

Why are bushys good?

1. Milling, its sick, and its stock.
2. Best vision system around.
3. Stock reg is very very very decent. No need to upgrade it, works like a gladiator, just doesn't look like one.
4.Trigger Frame. So god man comfy, its a dream.
5. Trigger adjustments, fine tune the beast better than an impy blade.
6. DOESNT NEED UPGRADES, because, well it doesn't. Bolt is fine, Barrel is great, and the internals are about as good unless your a prefection freak.
7. Weight, Impys are heavy, bushies arent.

Why aren't bushys good?

Basically, they aren't made by smart parts, so they aren't popular, yet. With shocktech and the new 2k3 coming out, players can easily see they work the same, but the bushy is much much lighter and in alot of cases faster, more reilable, and a better all around stock gun.

shocktech is going to be key for bushy sucess. With almost all of aftershock ditching SFL timmys and SFL cockers for a bushy, somethings up.

You don't see a SFL Impy, and the answer is simple. Bushys are the better stock gun. And the better overall. The only aftermarket Imps, are companies that got their heads in Smart Parts Anuses, like Eclipse, EPBO, and Toxic.

My vote goes to the bushy.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:00 PM   #14
genericpaintbal
Team Encrypted

anybody still running a stock bolt impulse should be shot. And another thing, all imp owners are trying to raise their input pressures, not lower them. Imps are gas hogs. Evil LPRS get your gun up into the 250 range for input, you almost need new maxflow springs.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:03 PM   #15
genericpaintbal
Team Encrypted

stock imp = 500 shots MAYBE off a 68/3k
Old 01-27-2003, 03:07 PM   #16
brodude2002

well said generic, well said. i might have to refer back to this later on.

-werd
brodude2002
Old 01-27-2003, 03:09 PM   #17
genericpaintbal
Team Encrypted

Theres still alot more stuff thats good and bad with imps and bushys, but my hands got tired.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:39 PM   #18
midknight
LP Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by genericpaintbal
Imps are gas hogs.
Gas hog? Mine gets around 1200 to a 20 oz. antisiphon tank with nearly the exact same preformance as it does with nitro.

Blue Dust Angel Speed
Dye 2k3 Core Jersey
Dye 2k4 Core Gloves
Redz Dimension Pants
Old 01-27-2003, 03:44 PM   #19
Dark Cloud
Oww! Those things hurt!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Dark Cloud Send a message via AIM to Dark Cloud Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Cloud
I feel a flame war coming along...

"Try to look unimportant because the bad guys may be low on ammo"

-Murphy's Laws of Combat

Feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by Commando52
why is "69" special, i dont get it....
Old 01-27-2003, 03:47 PM   #20
midknight
LP Junkie

You also might want to consider this: for the same price as the 2k3 bushy, you can get one of the starting level custom imps, for instance the RAT or Nasty. These always include a freak, usually a new bolt, hammer, some kind of tapeworm/lpr, a blade trigger, some sweet milling and anno, and stickies, (and possibly more). Now none of these usually come with vision, but as i've said before and i'll say again: You really don't need a vision system on an Impulse. If you're chopping paint, you need a faster hopper or you need to lower your velocity.

Blue Dust Angel Speed
Dye 2k3 Core Jersey
Dye 2k4 Core Gloves
Redz Dimension Pants
Closed Thread