pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Barrels and Paint

Old 03-09-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

Send a message via AIM to Mack Daddy420
Barrel kit A "VS" Barrel kit B

• So you want a barrel do you? Today, Im gonna help you find what barrel is right for you, to suit your needs. PM me with errors and updates.

First of all, you people should give thanks to E99Beekz, for talking me in to this. If he hadnt mentioned the idea, I wouldnt be typing this right now. Also had some input on some info from Frisko_sav, and reneirwolf878.

Here are your choices:
  • Evil Pipe
    --Price: $159.00

--Pros: No more switching inserts. It has five backs, which include the .683, .686, .689, .692, and the .695. The inside of this barrel is ever-so smooth, it is 2-5 microns, which is the lowest a profilometer (surface slickness tester) goes. Evil rejects the barrels that are not within +/-.00007 of an inch of the bore label. It has sweet 30* porting on the front that aids in cleaning broken paint, and reduces turbulence of the ball to put it out there long and straight. It also comes with a little "rack" type object to store all five backs onto for easy travel. These things are sweet. I highly reccommend. Available in 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 inch. This is wicked light also.

--Cons: Only comes in fades. The back is black while the front fades into red, green, blue, or silver.

--Conclusion: This is a sweet barrel system, and a dran good price too, its damn worth it. I would get one, but Im waiting till they make solid colors, in dust finishes, which I doubt will ever happen.
  • Smart Parts Freak
    --Price: $179.99

--Pros: This is a decent system. It used to be this shiznit, but newer, better, more advanced systems have arrived, and set the standards somewhat higher than the Freak can give. It has a sweet front, the Teardrop front, that is the ones with the unique porting as seen here. It also has All-American front that you can get, as seen here. I dont care for the plainess of the All-American front, but others seem to. One good thing about the Freak is that you can customize it the way you want. You get 8 inserts, and can select an aluminum back, which is black, or a stainless steel back, which is chrome. You can select your front color, you have the choice of black, silver, red, green, blue, or purple even. You can buy a carrying hard case for them also. It comes in handy when your on the run. Now, from White Wolf, you can get DYE Boomstick fronts, in any color for $49.

--Cons: Often, I hear of the front and the back forming a gap from unscrewing them from changing inserts too often. This will lead to ball breaks. Also, I have heard that the inserts arent too high quality.

--Conclusion: This is a nice barrel, if yo udont interchange inserts often, but then if you didnt, why would you buy one? I reccommend another kit , like The Pipe, its $20 less, and is twice a better barrel. You could however, buy a single insert, your choice of back, and front, and have a nice barrel on your hands that is amazingly accurate.
  • High Precision Multi Bore
    --Price: $99.95

--Pros: Another system that utilizes backs, not inserts. It has a "control bore" back piece that screws into the mid piece. The "control bore" is the piece that screws into the gun. They are reverse threaded to ensure when you unscrew your barrel, the control bore unscrews with it.
    Includes 5 "control bores" including 679, .683, .686, .689, and .692. The bore sizes are anodized aluminum with the bore lazer engraved on it. Has a stainless steel mid piece. The front is available in black, red, green, or blue.

--Cons: The "control bore" is only an inch or so long. How well can that conduct a straight path for a paintball? Not too well, Ill tell you that.

--Conclusion: Save up some money, and get a different barrel kit. Any other is better than this. If youre on a tight budget, you can get this, a crappy kit is better than none.
  • Empire kit
    --Price: $189.95

--Pros: This is a new barrel kit from Empire. It includes five different back bore sizes including .685, .687, .689, .691, and .693. It includes five different length barrels tips from 10 inches to 18 inches.

--Cons: I dont think it has any that I know of, except that it may not look too hot.

--Conclusion: Ive always heard one of those large pixy stix's makes a better barrel. Save $30 and buy a Pipe
  • Custom Products Base Kit
    --Price: $149.99

--Pros: This is a nice kit. The Custom Products is a sweet barrel, so this is also, right? Correct. Well, it comes with three silver backs, including .685, .689, and .693. The tips come in black, blue, green, polished, purple, and red. It also comes with a padded carrying case to carry all your pieces in.

--Cons: The performance is top notch, but its not really a "bang for your buck" item. It also, only has backs that comes in silver, and no other color.

--Conclusion: A good price for a sweet kit, I would highly reccomend it for the tourney player on a tight budget.
  • Custom Products Full Bore Kit
    --Price: $250.00

--Pros: This is a nice kit. The Custom Products is a sweet barrel, so this is also, right? Correct. Well, it comes with five silver backs, including .682, .685, .689, .693, and .696. The tips come in black, blue, green, polished, purple, and red. It also comes with a padded carrying case to carry all your pieces in.

--Cons: The performance is top notch, but its not really a "bang for your buck" item. It also, only has backs that comes in silver, and no other color.

--Conclusion: Take $159.00 of that money, buy a Pipe, and the other $90, and buy two cases of paint to spray over your local field.
  • Custom Products Complete Kit
    --Price: $375

--Pros: This is a nice kit. The Custom Products is a sweet barrel, so this is also, right? Correct. Well, it comes with five silver backs, including .682, .685, .689, .693, and .696. The tips come in black, blue, green, polished, purple, and red. It comes with 10 inch, 12 inch, 14 inch, and 16 inch tips. But who would need all of those? It also comes with a padded carrying case to carry all your pieces in.

--Cons: The bad? That would be the price. You could get two Freaks for half of that.

--Conclusion: I say, you buy either a Freak or a Pipe, more likely a Pipe, and blot the other $180 some-odd bucks on miscellaneous upgrades, or paint even. Or save it for something in the future.
  • Powerlyte Scepter barrel system with three inserts
    --Price: $169.95

--Pros: This is a great kit. Has a sleek look to it. The inserts are self aligning, and wont spin around, and are color coded for each bore. Since the bore sleeves don’t require O-rings to hold them in place, there is no chance of the sleeve flexing under pressure. Three inserts, and you can select the size you want out of any of these, .684, .686, .688, .690, and .692. You can get a 12 inch front or 14 inch front in black. Has two back choices, you can select an aluminum back, which is black, or a stainless steel back, which is chrome.

--Cons: I dont like changing inserts, but its still a great system.

--Conclusion: If you have the money, its a great system, if you only want three inserts.
  • Powerlyte Scepter barrel system with five inserts
    --Price: $209.95

--Pros: his is a great kit. Has a sleek look to it. The inserts are self aligning, and wont spin around, and are color coded for each bore. Since the bore sleeves don’t require O-rings to hold them in place, there is no chance of the sleeve flexing under pressure. Five inserts including, .684, .686, .688, .690, and .692. You can get a 12 inch front or 14 inch front in black. Has two back choices, you can select an aluminum back, which is black, or a stainless steel back, which is chrome.

--Cons: This is a great kit, a little bit more than a Pipe, and not as good looking. Ive heard many good things about this.

--Conclusion: A great system. Although I prefer the Pipe, its up to you. Its one of a kind.
  • J&J Edge kit
    --Price: $114.99

--Pros: A decent kit, this one. Has four backs including .685, .688, .691, and .693. Comes in 12, 12, or 14 inch lengths. Tips are available in red, blue, purple, or black. Its a very nice kit. Has nice looking backs, and fronts for that matter. Comes with a snazzy padded carrying case also.

--Cons: The backs are only available in black

--Conclusion: If you are on a tight budget, get this, its price is phenomenal. This is definately a best "bang for your buck" item.
  • WGP Kaner kit
    --Price: $199.00

--Pros: A very nice kit indeed. Comes four backs including .684, .687, .689, and .691. Also comes with three tips including 10, 12, and 14 inch lengths. Looks pretty sweet, but the the performance is great too.

--Cons: Its only available for the Autococker. A bit pricey also. No one uses more than one tip.

--Conclusion: If you want a nice barrel, this is the one, if you have the money, or get the Pipe.

Last edited by Mack Daddy420 : 03-16-2003 at 03:27 PM.
Mack Daddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

• Equation Multiple Switch
    --Price: TBA

--Pros: Oh, what a sweet, sweet system. Its a four piece kit. Uses inserts, but they are no ordinary inserts. They are made of stainless steel, and coated in EQ3 technology, which is a patented coating that is twice as slick as teflon. You can throw these inserts on the ground, and hit them with a hammer, and still go on the field and gog people. All inserts use orings to keep them from spinning. Your bore choices are .681, .683, .685, .687, .689, .691, and .693. The second part to the kit is the main part of the barrel, called the adapter, it screw into the gun, it comes in 12, 12, or 14 inch lengths. This is what the insert slides into. It comes in black, blue, silver, red, and purple. Then you have the extension which is the front, with a removable muzzle, and is available in black, blue, silver, red, and purple. Then there is the muzzle, which comes in muzzle comes in black, blue, silver, red, and purple. There are four styles of it. Witch all of these combinations, you can make 100+ different barrels. Definately a sweet item.

--Cons: The muzzles may not look attractive, but I think EK-47 looks like the front of a Boomy, other than that, its great.

--Conclusion: Want a kit? get this one. Its up there right with that Evil Pipe.
  • Psycho Ballistics Aradus barrel
    --Price: $89.99

--Pros: This barrel is pretty cool and intriguing. It was designed with a collapsible inner sleeve that forms to the ball. You simply twist this little round button to the specific bore size you want. It takes only a second to change. Bore sizes are .676, .680, .684, .688, and .692.

--Cons: The tolerances arent that great, and the barrel has a fault with chopping. Only comes in black

--Conclusion: If you want a nice, cheap system, get this, its sweet, but for $10 more, you could get the Ronin Gear Katana. They are the same exact thing, but Ronin has a better reputation.
  • Ronin Gear Katana adjustable bore barrel
    --Price: $99.95

--Pros: This is a nice single barrel kit. It is a single barrel that adjusts itself to different bores by twisting a knob. It takes a second to switch, if that, its so sweet and easy. The bore-sizing system works by using a patented collapsible inner sleeve with 5 external settings for optimal ball to barrel fit. Bore settings are set at .676, .680, .684, .688, and .692. Each 13 inch Katana Barrel also comes with an optional (removable) tournament-legal locking device to prevent the user from twisting the collar, and raising or dropping muzzle velocity during play.

--Cons: The bores have crappy tolerances, and it only comes in black. May not look good from some. Some may want another length than 13 inch, because this barrel ONLY comes in 13 inch lengths.

--Conclusion: If you have a cut budget, and want a system, buy this beast. Its darn good....for the price.

Links to "vs." threads.

Sceptor, Freak, or Evil Pipe
    Another Sceptor, Freak, or Pipe
    Freak, Kaner, or Scepter?
    Freak or Empire
    Freak or Scepter
    Another Scepter or Freak
    Freak or Pipe
    Another Pipe or Freak

Last edited by Mack Daddy420 : 03-10-2003 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #3
xLiLHockeyFreak
Poderator

Send a message via AIM to xLiLHockeyFreak
Well done.

[Forum Feedback] -
((( '03 Vision Shocker ))) - [eBay Feedback]
xLiLHockeyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 01:20 PM   #4
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

Finished......
Old 03-10-2003, 02:30 PM   #5
E r y k
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Send a message via AIM to E r y k
good job. one problem, i dont ever plan on buying a barrel kit ill just stick to single barrels

reviews.
AIM: p b e r y k
Pbreview Feedback
PbNation Feedback
E r y k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:32 PM   #6
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

So, what do you other guys think?
Old 03-10-2003, 03:30 PM   #7
E99Beekz
Spyder Tech/Owner

Sweet job. Definitely a sticky!
2K2 Spyder E99*Mako Frame 4.0*IS Switch*2K3 Smart Parts All American 14" freak tip*Male Palmer Stabilizer*Halo B*Kapp 0-800 Gauge*System-X Drop Foward w/ 2.0 On/Off*BRMC Anti-Chop Bolt*7" SS Line w/ Quick Disconnect**DH Ti Hammer OtterSc Version*32 Degrees Spring Kit*

Color Coded.

B2K3 w/ PDS Funds $80.00 of $500
^^^^^^^See anything you like?^^^^^^^
My Feedback
E99Beekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 03:31 PM   #8
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

Quote:
Originally posted by E99Beekz
Sweet job. Definitely a sticky!
It is.....
Old 03-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #9
E r y k
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Send a message via AIM to E r y k
"So you want a barrel do you? Today, Im gonna help you find what barrel is right for you, to suit your needs. PM me with errors and updates."

yes i do want a barrel... mine was stolen... but i dont want a barrel kit.

reviews.
AIM: p b e r y k
Pbreview Feedback
PbNation Feedback
E r y k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 03:48 PM   #10
PBbum222

Send a message via AIM to PBbum222
awesome sticky mack. good job.
PBbum222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 08:09 AM   #11
suddenpaint
I likey the impy

Send a message via AIM to suddenpaint
the equation barrel seems to have too many places where smthg could go wrong....three pieces!! i mean come on!

btw...you actually purchased every single one of these??! wow.

BlueSPEED
suddenpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 08:11 AM   #12
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

Quote:
Originally posted by suddenpaint
the equation barrel seems to have too many places where smthg could go wrong....three pieces!! i mean come on!

btw...you actually purchased every single one of these??! wow.
Not really, I mean, it just has an insert that is inside of a back, then a front, then a muzzle

No, I havent purchesed all of them, but shot them, but the J&J, I have only seen.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:48 PM   #13
EchoX

Send a message via AIM to EchoX
Re: Barrel kit A "VS" Barrel kit B

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack Daddy420

This is a non-biased thread
To me, I saw Evil Pipe Barrel written all over it.
EchoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 03:50 PM   #14
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

Yes, but thats because its so much better. That doesnt mean its biased.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:02 PM   #15
EchoX

Send a message via AIM to EchoX
Wat about titanium paintball's barrels? Those are some serious contenders. They have a 3 bore stainless steel set for around $220. And is the pipe really that good? I haven't seen it used on too many fields that I've gone to. As a matter of fact, I've only seen it once on a marker.
EchoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 04:25 PM   #16
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

the pipe is sweet. get me a link the the Ti kit.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:19 PM   #17
E99Beekz
Spyder Tech/Owner

ya It kinda seemed lopsided towards the pipe. but it's a good system! I also think the Empire is somewhat better. but that's just me.
2K2 Spyder E99*Mako Frame 4.0*IS Switch*2K3 Smart Parts All American 14" freak tip*Male Palmer Stabilizer*Halo B*Kapp 0-800 Gauge*System-X Drop Foward w/ 2.0 On/Off*BRMC Anti-Chop Bolt*7" SS Line w/ Quick Disconnect**DH Ti Hammer OtterSc Version*32 Degrees Spring Kit*

Color Coded.

B2K3 w/ PDS Funds $80.00 of $500
^^^^^^^See anything you like?^^^^^^^
My Feedback
E99Beekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 12:01 PM   #18
heyheyhey
PLEASE Read My Signature

Location: . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Send a message via AIM to heyheyhey
yes, very biased

the cons on the pipe - lack of color

all other systems had cons in performance

the pipe has a few more flaws than what you meantioned.....
heyheyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 05:33 PM   #19
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

Quote:
Originally posted by heyheyhey
yes, very biased

the cons on the pipe - lack of color

all other systems had cons in performance

the pipe has a few more flaws than what you meantioned.....
No, NOT biased,

I said it was a con, being the lack of colors.

They all had lots of cons im sure, but I pointed out the more known ones.

Not really big ones.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:22 PM   #20
BourneKiller

Re: Barrel kit A "VS" Barrel kit B

Quote:
This is a non-biased thread
Quote:
I highly reccommend.
Quote:
--Conclusion: If you want a nice barrel, this is the one, if you have the money, or get the Pipe.
I'm sorry, but you didn't exactly convince me that it was in fact an "unbaised" thread.

If you would have presented facts only, then that would have been fine.

I think that the Titanium Longbow is so far superior to the pipe that it's not even funny. And the Powerlyte Scepter too! But present the facts...
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
BourneKiller is offline   Reply With Quote