pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Worr Game Products

Old 04-30-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
UTLadiesMan
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to UTLadiesMan
Barrels and Paint for your cocker.

Ok guys... you all know we get about 5 of these threads a day. You're sick of 'em (at least I assume because you complain so much ) and quite frankly... I get a little irked moving them all.

So...

If anyone has a question about barrels or paint for your cocker put them here. Then, when this is large, look through here first and ask if you don't find your question listed. Everyone may also rank their favorite barrels, paints, and barrel / paint matches.

So, if I see any more threads on it, they're gonna be deleted and I won't even PM you to let you know.

Have fun.

PBR feedback
eBay feedback
UTLadiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 11:57 AM   #2
tonysk83
TURAMBAR IS A BABY WAHHHH

Send a message via AIM to tonysk83
Paint rolls out of my barrel during games, is my ball denet broken?

No, most likey your ball denet isn't broken, since autocockers fire in a closed bolt position when the gun is at rest a ball is in the barrel ready to fire. Nothing is stopping this ball from rolling out. The only way to stop this is get a good paintball to barrel match. A more expensive option is to get a barrel system for fpo fields where you can't pick what paint you use.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:41 PM   #3
cookiemoster16
Meet the Cookie Monster

Send a message via AIM to cookiemoster16
I saw a thread that said the barrel doesn't matter, its paint to barrel match. Does this mean I should keep my stock barrel?

No. Unless you try a friends barrel and see an improvement, its not really worth it. But 99.9% of the time it is. Some guns do come with excellent stock barrels i.e. orracle. You will almost always see a large improvement with any barrel upgrade. A barrel system is the way to go. Some top systems are:

Freak System
Scepter System
Evil Pipe Bomb
CP Kit
Kaner

If you cant afford one, save up. But if your REALLY cheap and can only afford about $50, some good $50 barrels are

CP 1 piece
Lapco Bigshot
J&J Ceramic

Some more expesive nonsystems are
Dye Boomstick
Dye Ultralite
Dye SS
SP All American

Yea I'm into Garbage, Fish, Radiohead, you know, that kinda stuff. My parents don't really like me listening to it but I do anyways cause I AM NOT A ROBOT!!!

Sasquatch! Head for the hills!

Quote:
Originally posted by natty dread
One time, when I was in preschool, I tried to throw a huge rock (at the time huge) over the building. I broke a window.
cookiemoster16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:52 PM   #4
Cocker_017

Wow! It's about time one of these are made. Go figure though, once I get rid of my cocker this thread shows up.

Anyways, here's my input.

What barrel is best for the Autococker?

There isn't any barrel that is best for the Autococker over any other paintball marker. The best barrel for any gun (including the Autococker) is the barrel that fits your paintball the best. To determine what barrel best fits your paint then follow these steps:

1) Put the paintball in the back of the barrel.
2) Blow on the back of the barrel.
3) If the paintball rolls out then you need a smaller barrel bore size.
4) If you cannot blow the paintball out you need to get a bigger bore barrel.
5) If it blows out you want to hear a slight poof, the paintball needs to have some resistance when blowing it out of the barrel but not so much to where you lose effeciency.

A barrel kit like mentioned above are best for this.

You don't need to worry about one barrel being better on the Autococker than any other paintball marker because they do the same job reguardless of what paintball marker the barrel is on.

“Death Waits In The Dark? The war cry of the best, Defender of our freedom He’s ready for any test.

The first one in Blazing trails through the fight, Not one guy left behind As he exits through the night.

The courage of 100 men Is what he holds inside, He does it for his fellow man He does it for his pride.

Amidst all the heroes He does it not for fame, Bravery is his legacy
And NIGHTSTALKER is his name.

Adam Bramel, 2003
Cocker_017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:06 PM   #5
Cocker_017

What barrel makes my Autococker shoot further?

While there are several factors that may determine how far your Autococker will shoot, the biggest one is your velocity. However paintball markers can only shoot so far, by increasing the velocity (fields have a max of 300 fps) your paintball marker will shoot slightly futher. Another big factor in the range is the paint to barrel match. See my above information for that. If the paint fits the barrel correctly you will achieve maximum performance out of your barrel. Consistency can also have an impact on your range. Don't blame your barrel for all of your range and accuracy problems. Make sure your paintball marker is as consistant as you can possibly make it. Having inconsistancies will make your paintball marker shoot different ranges on each shot.

“Death Waits In The Dark? The war cry of the best, Defender of our freedom He’s ready for any test.

The first one in Blazing trails through the fight, Not one guy left behind As he exits through the night.

The courage of 100 men Is what he holds inside, He does it for his fellow man He does it for his pride.

Adam Bramel, 2003
Old 05-02-2003, 04:43 AM   #6
heyheyhey
PLEASE Read My Signature

Location: . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Send a message via AIM to heyheyhey
What's the best length barrel for a cocker, and doesnt a longer one make it shoot further?!?

The best length is what ever your comfortable with..... for me, its a 10, no matter the field. For cocker kid, he never goes on an airball field without a 16, so he can "push" the bunkers.

A LONGER BARREL WILL NOT MAKE ANY GUN SHOOT ANY FURTHER

all a longer barrel does is cause excess friction, and slows the ball down after the first 10-12 inches.
heyheyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:04 PM   #7
DyslexikFool
ELYSiUM

Whats the best paint for a custom products 2 piece with a .689 bore???

Cocker Design -
Custom Cocker Background
Custom Cocker Design

My Sniper Rifle...
My SNiPER
SNiPer2
Sniper3

System X
4 Mi 2 Poop On
DyslexikFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:08 PM   #8
heyheyhey
PLEASE Read My Signature

Location: . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
any rp paint
Old 05-05-2003, 07:40 PM   #9
Mawk
SOAD owns you

Send a message via AIM to Mawk
if you use a ultralite or something, the new tippmann works paint is perfect for it. i really like this stuff, even though we got a batch of winter formula, haha
-Red Tickler Reg
-Red STO Ram
-Red WGP Hinge
-Red Flame Trigger
-Red CP Drop*On/Off
-Red Black Magic Bolt
-Black Shocktech Bomb
-Black Dye Ultralite

www.compulsivepaintball.com
--Great Store
Mawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:00 PM   #10
Cocker_017

As useful as I think this thread is, it looks like something that should be in the barrel forum because this relates to ANY paintball marker, not just cockers. There isn't any one barrel that works better for an Autococker than say a Spyder or an Angel.

Adam Bramel, 2003
Old 05-05-2003, 08:17 PM   #11
DyslexikFool
ELYSiUM

Well... considering that an autococker is a lower pressure gun, barrels would definetely make a difference. You would not really want to use a whisper or something with a lot of porting with a cocker because its not *** efficient and does not go well with low pressure...

Cocker Design -
Custom Cocker Background
Custom Cocker Design

My Sniper Rifle...
My SNiPER
SNiPer2
Sniper3

System X
4 Mi 2 Poop On
Old 05-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #12
UTLadiesMan
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to UTLadiesMan
Quote:
Originally posted by Cocker_017
As useful as I think this thread is, it looks like something that should be in the barrel forum because this relates to ANY paintball marker, not just cockers. There isn't any one barrel that works better for an Autococker than say a Spyder or an Angel.
The point was to have people in here possibly see it, and post in here so I don't have to keep moving 3 threads a day. So far, it hasn't worked that well.

PBR feedback
eBay feedback
UTLadiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:33 PM   #13
Cocker_017

I don't mean to critisize or be a pain but... First, people who put those threads up are people who are not familiar with how the forum works so they don't know any better than to look through the stickies first. Second, some people who post those threads don't care to look for one already made and are too lazy to search. They want the answers to come to them instead of them finding the answers.

Just a thought... if maybe there can be some type of filter on the titles of the threads so that certain titles cannot be made may help reduce those type of threads. Eliminate key words or groups of words that can be used as titles of those threads like "What barrel is best, What barrel is best for cockers?, and names like that. I don't know if that can be done but it's a thought.

Adam Bramel, 2003
Old 05-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #14
heyheyhey
PLEASE Read My Signature

Quote:
Originally posted by DyslexikFool
Well... considering that an autococker is a lower pressure gun, barrels would definetely make a difference. You would not really want to use a whisper or something with a lot of porting with a cocker because its not *** efficient and does not go well with low pressure...
.......... that bandwagon must be sagging from all the weight by now
Old 05-07-2003, 05:56 PM   #15
Ruthless

Barrel Size???

I hav a 2k3 verticalfeed cocker and im gonna buy a freak barrel for it and i was wonderin which size i should get (i dont really know if it shoots more accurate the longer the barrel) or info. like that is wut im lookin for.
any suggestions would help.
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 07:28 PM   #16
Audioslave
Drop into Dropzone

Send a message via AIM to Audioslave
Re: Barrel Size???

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthless
I hav a 2k3 verticalfeed cocker and im gonna buy a freak barrel for it and i was wonderin which size i should get (i dont really know if it shoots more accurate the longer the barrel) or info. like that is wut im lookin for.
Length means nothing, its all preference. For all intensive purposes, the only part of the barrel that matters is about the first 8 inches, after that its all about preference (porting, length to push bunkers and such). Base your decision off of what you have right now, do you like the length? then get a same length freak. Too short? get a longer, and so on. Length does nothing for distance, all it will do is quiet the shot down a bit (porting).
Old 05-08-2003, 12:44 PM   #17
heyheyhey
PLEASE Read My Signature

Re: Barrel Size???

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthless
i use a 10-14... no longer, no shorter
Old 05-11-2003, 10:50 AM   #18
WickedBadMan

Boomstick or All American?
WickedBadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:27 AM   #19
heyheyhey
PLEASE Read My Signature

barrel forum

between the 2, boomstick
Old 05-12-2003, 12:17 PM   #20
DyslexikFool
ELYSiUM

Get a All American and upgrade to the freak kit later on... Custom Products 1 or 2 pieces are better than boomies. Boomies are too picky on paint and just a hype. You pay double for the word "DYE." You can get a mako 14 inch stainless steel for like 50 bucks of www.xpaintball.com .

Look under there specials or autococker section. Mako makes the DYE barrels... Get a CP or All American if you can...

Cocker Design -
Custom Cocker Background
Custom Cocker Design

My Sniper Rifle...
My SNiPER
SNiPer2
Sniper3

System X
4 Mi 2 Poop On